Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G., Rnd 16, 2018  (Read 13621 times)

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G., Rnd 16, 2018
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »
What do people think of moores game?a bit ordinary imho

No way got involved kicked 2 and using his speed.What do we expect from 6 game player in KP.

He looks inexperienced in his choices but give him time. Still I wonder how Townshend is doing in the 2s.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2018, 10:24:51 PM »
Final Score

Richmond   2.3   7.8    9.10   15.13-103
Adelaide     1.3   4.4     7.6      8.8-56

Goals: Riewoldt 2, Moore 2, Edwards 2, Martin 2, Rioli 2, Caddy 2, Prestia, Butler, Short.

Not a pretty game and we mixed brilliance with the pathetic which kept them in the game for 3 qtrs but we blew them away in the last to win easily.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2018, 10:24:56 PM »
What do people think of moores game?a bit ordinary imho

No way got involved kicked 2 and using his speed.What do we expect from 6 game player in KP.
Moore was terrific for a developing forward, starting to shine for mine.  Started taking marks, was smart, kicked a few and is only going to get better and bigger.  Against good opposition I will add.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2018, 11:13:54 PM »
Despite losing the clearance count by four, the Tigers outscored the Crows by 38 points from this source, Richmond's second-best differential in the last two seasons.

Adelaide has taken just four marks in its forward 50, its lowest total in a game since Round 3, 2016.

Richmond has kicked seven goals from clearances for the first time this season. Dion Prestia has now won three clearances this quarter with all three launching goals for his team.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/16/rich-v-adel

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2018, 11:22:54 PM »
Harsh on Dusty you blokes.

Was good in the 2nd half. Fumbly early.

BEllis, Broad & Astbury were sensational down back in the first. Really set the tone. Short & Bellis running forward all night to link up and break the lines. Best game of Broads career.

Not many understand just how important Broady is to the RFC :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2018, 11:35:53 PM »
Playing like a premiership team right now
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2018, 11:36:20 PM »
The Tigers are scary good, even when they're not

It was yet another "grind it out and wear down the opposition" kind of win for Richmond. And, that's what makes the Tigers the competition's benchmark team; they can win even when they don't hit top gear. The Crows, to their credit, hung around until three-quarter time and were only 16 points adrift at the final change despite a number of players having ineffective games. However, you always felt as though the Tigers would get it done easily despite not playing to their powerful best for much of the night. Dustin Martin didn't do much until the second half, Dan Butler spent most of the game fighting against an ankle injury and they finished with Jack Graham (shoulder) and Nathan Broad (cheek) on the bench, but the premiers collectively and steadily motored away as the game wore on. With Bachar Houli and Nick Vlastuin to return next week while fellow premiership players Kamdyn McIntosh and Jacob Townsend remain squeezed out of the side, it's a realistic question to ask; just who is going to beat them?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-06/five-talking-points-richmond-v-adelaide

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2018, 05:13:49 AM »
We had 9 of the top 10 players for score involvements last night.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2018, 08:54:39 AM »

Victim of the standard he set last year. Is getting a lot of opposition heat at the moment, which impacts his game but creates opportunities for others.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »

Victim of the standard he set last year. Is getting a lot of opposition heat at the moment, which impacts his game but creates opportunities for others.
  :thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2018, 01:56:35 PM »
Rwally good night

Another example of the game not being broken

We play fast attacking, exciting footy. Not our fault other sides can't and cannot cope with the pressure

Well known I haven't been a huge fan of Broad but he played his best game for the club last night  :clapping

Bellis, was good again. A couple of of Bellis moments = pulling up to avoid contact but on the whole good. Pleasing to see

Can't stress how important Prestia is

Posted on another thread; improved performance by Moore but a few howlers that are just so costly. The set shot goal kicking is a real worry. And please going crook at Dusty  :o you stuffed up kid, not Dusty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »
Prestia is huge. The domino effect he causes letting guys like Lambert off the chain can't be underestimated. Arguably our most important player.

Broad was great last week too. He's turning into a very astute pick.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2018, 02:57:17 PM »
Rwally good night

Another example of the game not being broken

We play fast attacking, exciting footy. Not our fault other sides can't and cannot cope with the pressure

Well known I haven't been a huge fan of Broad but he played his best game for the club last night  :clapping

Bellis, was good again. A couple of of Bellis moments = pulling up to avoid contact but on the whole good. Pleasing to see

Can't stress how important Prestia is

Posted on another thread; improved performance by Moore but a few howlers that are just so costly. The set shot goal kicking is a real worry. And please going crook at Dusty  :o you stuffed up kid, not Dusty

TBH I think Moore had the right idea wanting it over the back. Not really Dustin's fault either though.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2018, 02:58:15 PM »
Castagna was more costly with his kicking & by god were some of his handballs terrible early on.

Lebowski

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »
massive game, Im pumped 60k tonight or gtfo
Looks barely over 40k atm.

55k  :thumbsup