Author Topic: Changes for the Saints game?  (Read 5149 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for the Saints game?
« on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »
I think we got through unscathed at least.

Fire away with your changes?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Changes for the Saints game?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
In: Stengle, Towner, Tivendale
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »
Out: CEllis, Bolton, Higgins, Hyde
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 01:42:21 AM »
Seen enough of Shai , that’s enough

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 09:17:20 AM »
out - C.Ellis, S.Bolton, C.Moore Castagna
in - C.McIntosh, T. Stengle, Townsend and Baker

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »
out - C.Ellis, S.Bolton, C.Moore Castagna
in - C.McIntosh, T. Stengle, Townsend and Baker

Yep.

I'd wanna drop Castagna but think we need him if Butler is out.
Go Tigers!

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:09:02 AM »
What I think should happen - Bolton out, Stengle in. Moore out, Coleman-Jones in. C.Ellis out, Baker in.

What I think will happen - No change

Why no change? Because the club is approaching finals and they want things as settled as possible. The only changes will be to bring in best 22, unless something happens to make a glaring change, like Nank getting injured.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
Bolton, in all fairness he needs to be given a chance but will not happen.
Stengle in Townsend in, C Ellis out.
against GWS the ball followed B Ellis all night and he really did little with it.
Dusty turned it over shockingly.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 10:31:59 AM »
Our best asset is our pressure, our toughness and our attack at the ball and the opposition.

When you have McIntosh and Townsend out and you lose Graham and Broad, you don’t replace them with CEllis, Moore, Houli or Bolton!

Especially when you already have Bellis and Grigg in the side.

Just too many soft, outside players to play our style of footy. You can, and we have, carry a couple of the Houli/Bellis types, but we cannot carry them all.

Our stars have been superhuman in the last 18 months but not even they can carry 6 softies.

Townsend and McIntosh don’t get heaps of the footy but they do contribute with our style of footy which then let’s our stars do the rest.

Outs- Bolton, Moore, CEllis, and for a statement Grigg

Ins- McIntosh, Townsend, Stengle, Bolta/CCJ (whoever is more ready and can help out in the ruck)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 11:24:57 AM »
INS: Townsend, Balta, Stengle

OUTS: Bolton, Moore, C Ellis

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »
INS: Townsend, Balta, Stengle

OUTS: Bolton, Moore, C Ellis
I like it.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
Bring in Balta if you want a bloke to go missing for half the game....

..also he's still a defender first & foremost.....has long way to go as a forward.... :shh

Stengle for Bolton, Menadue for Ellis , Baker for Higgins, maybe Townsend for Moore though I still think Moore needs to be persisted with regardless of what WP and his agenda says... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »

..also he's still a defender first & foremost.....has long way to go as a forward.... :shh

Stengle for Bolton, Menadue for Ellis , Baker for Higgins, maybe Townsend for Moore though I still think Moore needs to be persisted with regardless of what WP and his agenda says... :shh

My agenda? Please!

Moore proved again last night that against decent opposition he is lost, overawed call it what you want. How much more persisting do we need to be subjective to? Once we tumble out of the top 4 perhaps?

I admit I dont rate the kid, would love to proved wrong but and it is a big but there is very little (read practically nothing) he has shown so far that gives me any confience that he will make it.

So Balta goes missing in games, well gee so does Moore, thats part of the issue here.

As for agendas think you have a few of your own over certain players
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
Kmac and Towner haven't been knocking the door either in vfl to get back in this team.Yes it's true we need bigger body's with injuries out,but you reward players on form both need to do more.

If your going to drop Moore then Soldo should come in and hive Nank a chop out and rest.Soldo should have played a couple games this season like last year fresh up Nank.Moore doesn't go in the ruck part time were still using a midfielder.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »
Kmac and Towner haven't been knocking the door either in vfl to get back in this team.Yes it's true we need bigger body's with injuries out,but you reward players on form both need to do more.

If your going to drop Moore then Soldo should come in and hive Nank a chop out and rest.Soldo should have played a couple games this season like last year fresh up Nank.Moore doesn't go in the ruck part time were still using a midfielder.

Moore could easily give Nankervis a chop out, I don't know why he isn't being used....he couldn't be any worse than Grigg and really only needs to be marginally better.... :shh

My agenda? Please!

Moore proved again last night that against decent opposition he is lost, overawed call it what you want. How much more persisting do we need to be subjective to? Once we tumble out of the top 4 perhaps?

I admit I dont rate the kid, would love to proved wrong but and it is a big but there is very little (read practically nothing) he has shown so far that gives me any confience that he will make it.

So Balta goes missing in games, well gee so does Moore, thats part of the issue here.

As for agendas think you have a few of your own over certain players

Do me a favour.....Balta goes missing at VFL level and also lacks football nouse and understanding of positioning at this stage-that will change after another pre-season or two and more games but not yet...contested marking still a weakness too, people are just over excited by his pace -especially his closing speed- and athleticism atm, and as I said he's a defender at this stage, looks lost up forward *in the VFL* ..also I don't expect Moore as  a young decoy/second tall forward with to get leather poisoning or chase and tackle at the level of our smalls or Townsend which you seem to be demanding when .he's not even being played as a defensive forward like Townsend was... you keep banging on about his lack of second efforts but frankly he's Glen Archer in terms of second efforts compared to the lazy spuds we used to play in that role....who were all older than him too...so yes -your agenda appears to be writ fairly large to me... :shh

- Gustav Mahler