Author Topic: The former ridiculously early but now official finals thread  (Read 11212 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The ridiculously early finals thread
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
#bringbackthebiff
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »
i reckon they might wish they had their time over again giving cameron 5 for his hit because now this must be 6 plus. They have no choice

what a blow and whoever finishes 3rd will be in a very good position to advance IMO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:47 PM »
I agree, it should be 6 weeks based on what Cameron and Bugg got.

I feel for Gaff. I have met the guy a few times through a mutual friend, and I have no doubt he'd be feeling pretty rotten about what happened.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
I agree, it should be 6 weeks based on what Cameron and Bugg got.

I feel for Gaff. I have met the guy a few times through a mutual friend, and I have no doubt he'd be feeling pretty rotten about what happened.

You sound like The Machine

#rosey

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:00 PM »
Will get 7 weeks IMHO.

There is no way the AFL will let him play in the GF if West Coast lose their first game.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
THE AFL has confirmed it will freeze the price of entry-level tickets for this year's finals series, including the 2018 Toyota AFL Grand Final, for the second season running.

It means that the cheapest tickets for weeks one and two of the finals series will stay at $35, while entry-level tickets for the preliminary final will remain at $65. The cheapest ticket for a seat at the 2018 Toyota AFL Grand Final will cost $180.

While entry-level prices will remain the same, the price of other seating categories will rise by 1.5 per cent.

It means the most expensive tickets to week one and two of the finals series will be $93, and $187 for the preliminary finals. The most expensive 2018 Toyota Grand Final ticket is set to cost $410.

The AFL has also confirmed that competing club members will again be handed 34,000 tickets to this year's 2018 Toyota AFL Grand Final, to be shared between the two sets of supporter bases.

For the first time, all finals matches in Victoria will now fall under new scalping regulations that make it an offence to on-sell tickets for more than 10 per cent above face value.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-09/no-price-rise-again-for-biggest-show-in-town

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »
The AFL has also confirmed that competing club members will again be handed 34,000 tickets to this year's 2018 Toyota AFL Grand Final, to be shared between the two sets of supporter bases.

Is the 34,000 allocated 50/50 between the clubs? Say the GF is RFC v GWS.  GWS have 20K members or thereabouts. Let's say only 12,000 of them could be bothered to go (since they would prefer to go to the NRL GF the next day).  Do RFC get access to the remaining GWS tickets?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »
if this game stays tight it looks like we may be playing the winner of hawks/pies in the first week

Assuming pies beat freo which they should comfortably

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 10:05:07 PM »
Looks like we will play winner Hawks and swans next week

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »
Looks like we will play winner Hawks and swans next week

yep i think so. Whoever has the smallest winning margin out of pies/freo, hawks/swans we will play

Happy with either, although the thought of beating the pies first up has the most appeal

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 03:17:31 AM »
Can't believe the Pies look like finishing third. Have you ever seen a less inspiring top 4 side? goDees and Port are likely to drop out. What an armchair ride.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
Not sure why most are writing off the Pies. They are Tigers MKII and we all know the gameplan is made for finals. They are a genuine threat and I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them in the GF.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
Not sure why most are writing off the Pies. They are Tigers MKII and we all know the gameplan is made for finals. They are a genuine threat and I wouldnt be at all surprised to see them in the GF.
Agree. They have speed
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 08:36:17 AM »
How many top sides have pies won against ?.Come on guys had the softest draw this season by a mile no wonder there up to 3 rd let's be realistic.The coach trys to act like his smart but is copying another coaches game plan.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 10:23:43 AM »
I think Collingwood are a threat!