Author Topic: Changes for the Dogs games?  (Read 5245 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Dogs games?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »
Based on what I saw of the dogs today we could afford to rest another 2-3 players and still win by 40+ points.

I would not underestimate the Dogs. They have a good record against us and their midfield contains some very good players eg the Bont.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »
Should play our best 22 in preparation for the finals. Need to find that final quarter domination like last year. Can't wait!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
This would be my side heading into the finals

Grimes  Rance  Astbury
Short  Vlastuin  Broad
McIntosh  Cotchin  Grigg
Edwards  Caddy  Lambert
George  Jack  Dusty

Nank  Graham  Prestia

Butler Higgins  Townsend Rioli

Em- Lloyd  Baker  Houli  Ellis 

(Obviously I’m not a fan of Ellis and Houli)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »

Grimes  Rance  Astbury
Short  Vlastuin  Broad
McIntosh  Cotchin  Grigg
Edwards  Caddy  Lambert
George  Jack  Dusty

Nank  Graham  Prestia

Good team but we know Houli and Ellis will play. Therefore Townsend and Butler out...Butler will need a run in the VFL you would think. Our backs are our rock!

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »

Grimes  Rance  Astbury
Short  Vlastuin  Broad
McIntosh  Cotchin  Grigg
Edwards  Caddy  Lambert
George  Jack  Dusty

Nank  Graham  Prestia

You're not serious are you?
Houli almost won the Norm Smith and you're not a fan?
Thank god the closest you'll ever get to picking the team is on here.
Haters gotta hate

Houli is a proven finals player.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »

Grimes  Rance  Astbury
Short  Vlastuin  Broad
McIntosh  Cotchin  Grigg
Edwards  Caddy  Lambert
George  Jack  Dusty

Nank  Graham  Prestia

Good team but we know Houli and Ellis will play. Therefore Townsend and Butler out...Butler will need a run in the VFL you would think. Our backs are our rock!

Think will be the same 22 as last season other than short a defs in and with Townsend not considered this past week you would think he’s not in the selectors mind. Based on team selections this season the only other changes from last year would be Higgins and/or Conca with belles and kmac the only 2 premiership players whose positions look vulnerable.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 10:50:48 PM »
INS: Cotchin, Prestia, Astbury, Townsend

OUTS: Lloyd, Baker, Garthwaite, Grigg (just too slow & we need speed) or Conca

Might be an idea then to actually replace Grigg with a quick player....just sayin'.... :shh

Put Townsend -v- Grigg in 100 metre sprint and i know who'd win

Also, Townsend's tackles stick, Grigg's do not

Towner, can do the 2nd ruck job and will actually make a contest at each contest. Grigg is no longer doing this. Have a look at the Bellchambers' goal in the last and you'll get the picture

AGREE!

But they will not drop Grigg as his Hardwick’s favourite!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 12:58:01 AM »
Can't understand with the dropping of Grigg that's how we played all year why would we drop that formula now with him second ruck he has been playing well last month to.I only think another big man has to come in against sides with 2 dominant rucks like eagles etc.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
Need to play best 22 to get Jack the Coleman!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »
Balme stressed no players were “rested” against the Bombers last week, and said the Tigers expected to have Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia and David Astbury back for their final home-and-away game. Cotchin missed his second game of the season with hamstring soreness, an issue that also kept Prestia out. Astbury is also scheduled to return after missing last week’s win because of achilles soreness.

Balme said Kane Lambert, who underwent minor ankle surgery, remained on target to miss two games and resume in the first week of the finals. Dan Butler (ankle surgery) is expected to be available soon after, but he has not played since round 16.

Richmond are unbeaten in 13 games at the MCG this year and have stretched their winning ­sequence at their home ground to 20. Their most recent loss at the MCG was against Sydney in round 13 last year. The Tigers’ average winning margin at the MCG this season is 31 points. They have lost their past four games to the Western Bulldogs, but they have not played them since a five-point loss in round seven last year at Etihad Stadium.

Premiership defender Nathan Broad yesterday accepted a $1500 sanction for engaging in misconduct against Essendon’s Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti in the second quarter last Friday night.

Source: The Australian

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2018, 06:52:38 PM »
In the Mix - Round 23

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
21 Aug 2018

RICHMOND

Get them in: Trent Cotchin and David Astbury will return after managing minor sore spots while Dion Prestia is rated a good chance. Anthony Miles, Connor Menadue and Corey Ellis remain on the cusp while Jacob Townsend and Tyson Stengle are also available.

Under the pump: With a bye on the weekend, there were no blistering performances in the VFL to see anyone dislodged so omissions will come down to who returns from injury. Ryan Garthwaite, Sam Lloyd and Liam Baker, through no fault of their own, will probably be the unlucky ones feeling the heat after coming in for the injured trio last week.

Medical room:
Jason Castagna was treated for a corked quad in the second quarter against the Bombers and will be sore this week but the Tigers have said he should be ok. Same goes for Dylan Grimes, who had his back worked on during the game. Kane Lambert should become available over the bye round while Dan Butler won't be far behind him, which will throw up a selection conundrum for the first week of finals.

Verdict: Garthwaite for Astbury, unless another defender needs a week to manage an injury, and Lloyd for Cotchin. Baker for Prestia, unless Jack Higgins could do with a break before finals, although the bye could suffice. Townsend or Stengle could be considered if Castagna doesn't come up.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-21/in-the-mix-round-23

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 04:19:20 PM »
Richmond rested a number of stars last week to avoid the disruption of consecutive weeks sitting at home. The reigning premiers will bring back captain Trent Cotchin and full back David Astbury to face the Western Bulldogs on Saturday. As much as they’d love to get some game-time into Dion Prestia’s legs they’ll opt on the side of caution and save him for the first week of finals, along with Kane Lambert. Dan Butler won’t be back till the second week or prelims if the Tigers get straight through.

The Bulldogs are at the other end of the stick with another year finishing early. They won’t fancy their chances of finishing on a high against Richmond and so will put star Marcus Bontempelli in cotton wool as he nurses a hip injury.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rovers-early-word-on-teams-the-tough-call-each-club-needs-to-make-before-finals/qvgd818eqb4j1r1yww8hvm01t