Author Topic: Changes for the Prelim final?  (Read 8232 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for the Prelim final?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 12:30:08 PM »
Dimma today on team selection this week:

Meanwhile, Nathan Broad was on the track and looked to move freely after also logging limited minutes in Monday's session.

Hardwick said the premiership defender's recent reduced output on the stats sheet wasn't the only thing considered at the selection table. 

"He's fine. I think what we do from a media perspective is we get a little bit carried away with kicks, marks and handballs," he said.

"He's a defender. He takes space, he spoils, he does a lot of things that we value incredibly highly and that's why he plays week in, week out.

"Kicks, marks and handballs are a by-product of process, and if he continues to back in the process, he plays his role every week."

With the 22 from the qualifying final win over Hawthorn expected to be available and all training on Wednesday, the Tigers don't appear to be forced into making changes.

But, Hardwick hinted the team might not be as settled as it appeared.

"With the Hawthorn game our personnel requirements were a little bit different and the personnel requirements are a little bit different this week against Collingwood," he said.

"[Brandon Ellis], Sam Lloyd, Dan Butler, Connor Menadue, Oleg Markov – all of those guys have been in pretty good form and we've got to pick the best side that we feel will get us the result."

Butler has been training strongly since turning a corner in his rehabilitation from an ankle injury and is ready to play if selected despite playing just one half of VFL football since round 16.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-19/dusty-to-train-full-throttle-after-significant-corkie

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
Julian de Stoop on SEN just now reckons Brandon Ellis will be brought in for an unlucky Conca.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 02:30:58 PM »
Gee that’s a big call. Not because I think Conca is better rather Bellis is just crap
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
probably cause he has more pace to play on the likes of Stehenson or Hoskin Elliot etc

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
probably cause he has more pace to play on the likes of Stehenson or Hoskin Elliot etc
It’s a shame he cannot defend!!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
:shh

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
Browny Would Make One Change To Richmond Team

MMM
19 Sep 2018

Triple M Footy’s Nathan Brown thinks Richmond should “roll the dice” and bring premiership forward Dan Butler in for their preliminary final against Collingwood at the MCG on Friday night.

Butler has been sidelined since round 16 due to an ankle injury, but Brown thinks he is good enough to come straight in for the blockbuster clash after 11 weeks out.

“I’d roll the dice on Butler at some point,” Brown told Triple M’s Rush Hour during The Midweek Rub.

“He sells better candy than anyone I’ve seen since (Hawthorn and Adelaide legend) Darren Jarman.

“I like his package. He’s got a whole package ... It’s hard to see anybody going out (of the Richmond team). If somebody does, they’re going to be very unlucky.”

Damian Barrett said: “Butler’s the one who’s knocking the door down.”

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/nathan-brown-would-make-one-change-to-richmond-tigers-team-for-preliminary-final-against-collingwood-magpies

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »
Julian de Stoop on SEN just now reckons Brandon Ellis will be brought in for an unlucky Conca.

Bring in a flanker for a mid against the Pies...don't think so Jules :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 04:06:35 AM »

Bring in a flanker for a mid against the Pies...don't think so Jules :whistle
This!

Conca plays more inside this year. I can't see Ellis getting back in unless Short or Houli get injured.

Butler is the one Dimma and the match committee will query as Dan is quick and applies forward pressure with his closing speed. Dimma did say the personnel needs for Collingwood are different to Hawthorn. If you can slow down Collingwood as the Giants did in the 2nd and 3rd quarters last week then you can dry up their scoring and force them into turning the ball over. The problem is who you drop for Butler even if we take the risk of playing him? Higgins is the youngest and least experienced of the small forwards who played against Hawthorn but he was very good in the QF. I still think we'll go in unchanged.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Lebowski

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 11:02:30 AM »
I can see Butler coming in for an unlucky Conca - We have brought meatball back after an 8 week absence seamlessly, our strength and conditioning are right on the money if they feel a player has done the necessary work on the track. Butler is looking sharp

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »
It's official, Brando is in :thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 01:47:38 PM »
No official announcement has been made.

The AFL Rover's early word on preliminary finals teams: Premiership Tiger still in doubt

Written By The Rover
Sporting News
20 Sep 2018

Speaking about ‘corkies’, has there ever been one that has been given more attention than Dustin Martin’s this week?

There’s no doubt Martin is still the Tigers’ best player and has been turning the dial up to 11 lately, so the slightest hint of an injury is going to be all over the back page, but Damien Hardwick insists ‘Dusty’s’ ready to go.

Don’t be surprised if he spends a bit more time forward though, which ends any hopes Dan Butler had of being recalled this week.

The biggest cloud at Richmond is hanging over Nathan Broad with the defender definitely not 100 per cent and picking up a total of 11 touches over the past three games.

However, Hardwick loves what Broad brings and the tough Tiger is the perfect player to counter Collingwood’s main scoring threat from mid-sized players Jordan De Goey, Will Hoskin-Elliott and Jaidyn Stephenson.

It will come down to the wire, but expect Broad to be included ahead of the more prolific but less accountable Brandon Ellis.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rovers-early-word-on-preliminary-finals-teams-dustin/1u95bidg7r3yw10d0go6f029uu

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
i dont care if Broady gets 1 possession a game as long as his oppo gets 0

there is NO chance of him being dropped

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
It's probably pretty unlikely that we'll make a change: Balme (MMM)
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 05:34:34 PM »
The boys asked Balme about whether the Tigers would plan any changes for Friday night, including the likes of Dan Butler and Brandon Ellis, who both missed the qualifying final against Hawthorn.

"They're both available," Balme replied.

"Dan hasn't played all that much, so it'd be a big decision, but I think it's probably pretty unlikely that we'll make a change."

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/neil-balme-drops-some-intel-on-richmonds-preliminary-final-selection

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 05:55:18 PM »
Balmey though could be telling the media a little fib again  :snidegrin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd