Author Topic: Stephen Coniglio believes Giants' best footy is the best in the League (Age)  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Stephen Coniglio believes Giants' best footy is the best in the League (Age)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »
They are a prime example of the old saying that " A champion team will beat a team of champions ". So much talent but not a team.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Stephen Coniglio believes Giants' best footy is the best in the League (Age)
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
I'm actually glad that the Pies knocked them out.

They do have a lot of talent and one day it will click.

Thankfully that will not be gainst us next week.

That being said, I think the Pies will be a real chance against us. You can get $3 on them, which for mine is well overs.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 04:20:19 PM »

That being said, I think the Pies will be a real chance against us. You can get $3 on them, which for mine is well overs.
Pfft! 
I think your overrating Collingwood a tad.

It’s a two horse race but something would have to go horribly wrong for us to lose this game.

They’ve really only got a midfield to worry about.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »

Pfft! 

It’s a two horse race but something would have to go horribly wrong for us to lose this game.

You need to respect their forward set-up. They have a lot of avenues to goal through having probably the best offensive midfield in the game, and that midfield will get a lot of first use of the ball.

They go up against the best defensive midfield in the game, supported by the best defence. The two work beautifully in tandem, and defence does win finals and flags.

But Collingwood can be as schizophrenic as black and white. We wouldn't want them to get on a roll. We need to get on top early and keep them under wraps.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 11:06:38 PM »

Pfft! 

You need to respect their forward set-up. They have a lot of avenues to goal through having probably the best offensive midfield in the game, and that midfield will get a lot of first use of the ball.

They go up against the best defensive midfield in the game, supported by the best defence. The two work beautifully in tandem, and defence does win finals and flags.

But Collingwood can be as schizophrenic as black and white. We wouldn't want them to get on a roll. We need to get on top early and keep them under wraps.

Our midfield is not to bad tho.I think your under selling the quality of our midfield to.It's not just the best defensive midfield there is plenty of quality and class to attack.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 12:01:14 AM »

Pfft! 

Our midfield is not to bad tho.I think your under selling the quality of our midfield to.It's not just the best defensive midfield there is plenty of quality and class to attack.

It was not my intention to appear to be under selling our midfield. It does contain 2 Brownlow medallists after all. On the whole I think we have a better overall midfield than the Pies.

I just think Collingwoods key weapon is their ability for their midfield to play high quality attacking football if given the chance. You could easily say that about a number of teams, but the Pies do have some serious matchwinners in their midfield and they can kick goals from the middle, as well as rotate through the forward line. For the Pies to win this game, their midfield needs to really fire, and I do think they have the potential to do that.

Their achilles heel is that they are not that good defensively. The Tigers are the clear benchmark in that category, and the Eagles have a similar trait.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »

Pfft! 

It was not my intention to appear to be under selling our midfield. It does contain 2 Brownlow medallists after all. On the whole I think we have a better overall midfield than the Pies.

I just think Collingwoods key weapon is their ability for their midfield to play high quality attacking football if given the chance. You could easily say that about a number of teams, but the Pies do have some serious matchwinners in their midfield and they can kick goals from the middle, as well as rotate through the forward line. For the Pies to win this game, their midfield needs to really fire, and I do think they have the potential to do that.

Their achilles heel is that they are not that good defensively. The Tigers are the clear benchmark in that category, and the Eagles have a similar trait.

No doubt about it.That's why we need that pressure and tackling like we seen against hawks and closing them down.Begins from our forward 50 through the midfield then.We seen it againt gws for one quarter and pies panicked,gws couldn't sustain it.