Author Topic: Dockers Sign Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site) official  (Read 23385 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dockers Sign Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site) official
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »
Just going through the photos of the players and their birds from the Jack Dyer Medal and Reece Conca has at least done something right.
His broad is hot!
Well paid Reece, but it’s time to go home.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2018, 02:16:58 PM »
Conca's manager Colin Young today:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »
No surprise but we have lost our compo pick for losing Conca due to gaining Lynch.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-30/indicative-draft-order-post-grand-final-edition

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2018, 07:02:54 PM »
I know there are a few “betamax” Jackson supporters on OER but picking Conca really highlights how crap he is as a recruiter and the quicker he is retired completely the better we will be as a club.

And before anyone starts posting about Cotchin, Riewoldt, Dusty and Rance, in my opinion I think first rounders are pretty hard to get so wrong.

The issue is that he got many many many more wrong than he got right.

Bloody useless waste of space. Absolutely hopeless and made a laughing stock for many years until the club came to their senses and spent some coin on decent recruiters that don’t just watch a players highlights videos.   :rollin

Let’s face it, if we are truly honest about it, picking Conca was almost as bad the JON pick. The fact he has managed to play 100 games makes it slightly less a disaster of a pick. Lennon and Griffiths picks also highlight the glaring deficiencies in his opinions in terms of the recruiting young players.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2018, 07:06:34 PM »
Conca is one of Jackson's best picks. Has it on his CV
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
I know there are a few “betamax” Jackson supporters on OER but picking Conca really highlights how crap he is as a recruiter and the quicker he is retired completely the better we will be as a club.

And before anyone starts posting about Cotchin, Riewoldt, Dusty and Rance, in my opinion I think first rounders are pretty hard to get so wrong.

Bloody useless waste of space. Absolutely hopeless and made a laughing stock for many years until the club came to their senses and spent some coin on decent recruiters that don’t just watch a players highlights videos.   :rollin

Let’s face it, if we are truly honest about it, picking Conca was almost as bad the JON pick. The fact he has managed to play 100 games makes it slightly less a disaster of a pick. Lennon and Griffiths picks also highlight the glaring deficiencies in his opinions in terms of the recruiting young players.
Has there been a worse pick 6 to play 100 games?

I have told this story before on here, but I spoke to an ex-tiger who was at another club in recruiting just after this selection and he said they (his recruiters) laughed out loud when we called his name before Heppell’s.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »

Let’s face it, if we are truly honest about it, picking Conca was almost as bad the JON pick.
Yeah, nah. You’ve forgotten how poo Jon really was.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »

Has there been a worse pick 6 to play 100 games?

I have told this story before on here, but I spoke to an ex-tiger who was at another club in recruiting just after this selection and he said they (his recruiters) laughed out loud when we called his name before Heppell’s.

Not sure he is a ‘true’ number 6 pick considering GC had already picked 12 blokes up who would’ve been in that draft.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2018, 09:24:01 PM »
Tomahto, tomayto....pick 18 still way overs.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
In 09 there was morabito at pick #4 and John Butcher at #8?

Jimmy Toumpas was a pick#4 ?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2018, 10:00:07 PM »

He was 6, we finished near bottom of ladder in dimmas first year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:00 PM »

He was 6, we finished near bottom of ladder in dimmas first year
Officially yes. However GCS had all those preselections prior to the draft. Still no excuse. Heppell was the obvious choice.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »
Was at Richmond prior to the draft, makes you wonder why we went for slight outside left footers year after year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:42 PM »
REECE Conca believes he can stamp some of Richmond's vaunted culture on Fremantle next season, after being part of the Tigers' transformation from pretenders to contenders.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-13/conca-hopes-tiger-toughness-will-transform-dockers

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2018, 12:12:05 AM »
In 09 there was morabito at pick #4 and John Butcher at #8?

Jimmy Toumpas was a pick#4 ?
Bit harsh on morabito the bloke had everything and was a modern day prototype but 3 -4 knee reco's before he even got started put paid to his career. FMD  no recruiter  can foresee knee injuries.

Being honest at the time if we had called his name out i would not have been upset, there were 4 standouts and he was one of them.In the end we got one of those 4 and what a beauty he is.