Author Topic: Dockers Sign Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site) official  (Read 23384 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dockers circling out-of-contract Tigers mid Reece Conca (afl site)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 11:42:26 PM »
FHO!

Get what we can for him and try to forget we ever wasted pick 6 on him.

He represents everything this club used to be. 💩

Time to flush out the remainder of the poo out of the club.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 12:03:46 AM »
Agreed. He was a liability tonight

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 12:04:58 AM »
...like he is most ganes....fancy that..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
He has had some good games recently. but cant handle finals pressure. Please take him freo, he is pooooootrid

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »
After last night, he can go

Was terrible

But in fairness... he wasn't alone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

Was terrible

Trent, Grimes, Rance and Jack were the only players who looked like they put in.

Should we talk about how pathetic George was and is :shh

We got smashed last night and yes we will have player changes at the Club. I hope they make the right decisions and should Conca be one of them, I will back in the Club to make the right calls. Astbury couldn't run out the team warm up last night and should never have played. Dusty was sore and Nank got a major lesson from the best ruck in the comp. Lynch will be huge for us next year as we definitely need the extra tall forward. We got the chocolates last year playing Grigg as the second ruck but this must change next year as it was evident last night it cant work moving forward. We need a few more pure mids with grunt.

Bring on the trade period, draft and 2019 :gotigers

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:36 AM »

Was terrible

Trent, Grimes, Rance and Jack were the only players who looked like they put in.

We got smashed last night and yes we will have player changes at the Club. I hope they make the right decisions and should Conca be one of them, I will back in the Club to make the right calls. Astbury couldn't run out the team warm up last night and should never have played. Dusty was sore and Nank got a major lesson from the best ruck in the comp. Lynch will be huge for us next year as we definitely need the extra tall forward. We got the chocolates last year playing Grigg as the second ruck but this must change next year as it was evident last night it cant work moving forward. We need a few more pure mids with grunt.

Agreed regarding lynch, is it really that done of a deal?
Need him badly, but he will have to be ready to give a decent chop out in the ruck.
For me, as someone else has posted, Conca just represents everything we used to be. Last night his play gave me flashbacks to the finals against port and north. I know he wasn't alone. He is just expendable, we have plenty of his type. Castagna butler and rioli are our small forward trio, they gel.. but they barely got to play together this year.
We then have Bolton, stengle, higgins ( who is a must keep imo ) and baker.. will be some moves this off season. 

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
good
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »

Was terrible

Simon who are these Conca replacements you say we have plenty of?

I am not suggesting that Conca played well but the reason he was in the team was that we don't have many contested ball players.

Need him badly, but he will have to be ready to give a decent chop out in the ruck.
For me, as someone else has posted, Conca just represents everything we used to be. Last night his play gave me flashbacks to the finals against port and north. I know he wasn't alone. He is just expendable, we have plenty of his type. Castagna butler and rioli are our small forward trio, they gel.. but they barely got to play together this year.
We then have Bolton, stengle, higgins ( who is a must keep imo ) and baker.. will be some moves this off season.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »
SELL. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2018, 11:37:55 AM »

Was terrible

You call conca a contested player ? More often than not when he gets it he panics and rushes a kick or gives it to a teammate under more pressure.
We we have jack graham who is developing nicely, we have higgins who is already better than conca, markov had a down season due to injury but has showed some promise. We know what conca offers and it isnt good enough. Atleast those 3 above have some upside and improvement to come and can play concas role.

Simon who are these Conca replacements you say we have plenty of?

I am not suggesting that Conca played well but the reason he was in the team was that we don't have many contested ball players.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
Bump.

FHO.

Castagna can join him.

FHO!

Get what we can for him and try to forget we ever wasted pick 6 on him.

He represents everything this club used to be. 💩

Time to flush out the remainder of the poo out of the club.

This
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
I would try and shaft Brisbane with the Lachie Neale deal from freo. We could offer up Conca, Broad and our 1st pick for Lachie Neale.
Lachie would be a good inclusion into our midfield and he is half way out the door at Freo. Right age for us as well. Mid 20s would go
straight into our midfield.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 10:45:07 AM »
He is exactly what we need Ramps if as reported we have Lynch.

Can’t see our first doing the job, nor the players you mentioned

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
I thought about this today. Collingwood bat deeper into their midfield and we need to be able to combat that. Lachie Neale would be perfect and he has played good footy at the MCG. We should target now if we can find salary cap room.