Author Topic: Who is getting the chop?  (Read 22660 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Who is getting the chop?
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
Im sure Soldo is contracted. Not surprised with Chol as the news I got was the club is concerned how often he drifts in and out of games... mostly out. He might get selected as a rookie if we don't have any other options.

..and yet he was being seriously considered for senior selection before he got injured..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »
Im sure Soldo is contracted. Not surprised with Chol as the news I got was the club is concerned how often he drifts in and out of games... mostly out. He might get selected as a rookie if we don't have any other options.

..and yet he was being seriously considered for senior selection before he got injured..... :shh

And your point being?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »
Don’t get your backing of Chol Dio I mean granted he’s still young but vickery and Griffiths were both clearly better players and everyone was glad to see the back of them.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2018, 11:58:24 PM »

And your point being?

That it's odd that after a two month injury and just one game back he's suddenly gone from being deemed worthy of consideration for a senior call up to having serious delist-worthy flaws.... :shh

Don’t get your backing of Chol Dio I mean granted he’s still young but vickery and Griffiths were both clearly better players and everyone was glad to see the back of them.

Vickery & Griffiths were high picks who were both on our list for eight years, Chol's a project player who's been here three years....the more relevent comparison is to Soldo who I think he has a far higher ceiling than....and don't forget he only started played footy in his teens, in a non-AFL state, so he's coming from as nearly far back as Soldo...now I'm not saying he will eventually make it but to me he's the type of ruck we need and the type that is the future...mobile, athletic, spring-heeled ....and to be honest I think he has the tools to and I've seen glimpses to suggest that while he may have not have as much natural footy talent, he certainly eventually could at least ruck at a higher standard than anything we ever saw from Vickery & Griffiths at AFL level (FWIW I think Vickery was developed poorly as a ruck and Griffiths just  wasn't a natural one and lacked the aggression) though that wouldn't be too hard...I also think we're far better equipped to get the best out of egnimatic/laconic KPPs now than we were when Vickery & Griffiths were still on the list..... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2018, 06:13:57 AM »
Agree on Chol. Worth persisting with I reckon.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2018, 07:06:33 AM »
So has Chol been chopped or cholled?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2018, 07:10:10 AM »
Agree on Chol. Worth persisting with I reckon.

Still an option the club will look at as a rookie.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »
Chol has so many amazing athletic gifts for a tall bloke, I reckon if he can just get it all organised in his head he could be amazing.  The injuries must of been too much though.  Ah well, another wasted tall for us.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »
So has Chol been chopped or cholled?

People on the forum are chrolling mabior
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.