Author Topic: Have the Tigers become to Money focussed?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Have the Tigers become to Money focussed?
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
I have some concern that our club has over the past 2 or 3 years moved to much towards being a money focussed organisation.
From taking away members rights at AGMS, to changing seats of members who have paid for decades giving these seats to
coteries who pay more, to being happy to play on 5 day breaks. It seems its all about money.

Now I know that money is important, but the focus should be on 'CLUB' not on money. Anyway, I know gaming has been an issue
for many but if its about money Id rather the club get itself another pub with gaming machines rather than hammering the members
all the time. Id rather the punters pay at the gaming machines, its their choice to play the machines anyway. The members shouldnt
have to always sacrifice for the club to generate more money.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Have the Tigers become to Money focussed?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
Money is the lifeblood of any club. All employees have wage rises. Costs of so many other things rise. The club has to keep up. To be competitive you need great coaches, great recruiters, great physios etc, etc.
These come at a price, If you want to pay peanuts and get monkeys..... 
That's where we were in the 90's and 2000's. Remember when Fine eyes was our head recruiter but was still a full time teacher?

To remain at the pointy end it costs big $$$$$.

Sorry Ramps but it is what it is.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
I understand that but why should the members always front up the cost of peoples wages increases? As I said get another pub with machines and let the punters pay for it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:33:24 AM »
Yes they have.

Best members in the the league but aren’t treated as good as hawks or bomber members.  :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
Yes they have.

Best members in the the league but aren’t treated as good as hawks or bomber members.  :banghead

how so ?

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:34 PM »
I understand that but why should the members always front up the cost of peoples wages increases? As I said get another pub with machines and let the punters pay for it.

You would rather accept grubby money from low socio-economic groups who gamble their life away rather than digging a little deeper?
Id rather go without a meal and dig a little deeper, than to prey on gambling funds.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:12:33 PM »

You would rather accept grubby money from low socio-economic groups who gamble their life away rather than digging a little deeper?
Id rather go without a meal and dig a little deeper, than to prey on gambling funds.

Well its legal and our competitors like Hawthorn have no problem doing it. I cant be responsible if some bum goes and wastes his
money on the pokies. I dig deep enough with membership, making donations and buying expensive raffle tickets. We shouldnt
have to pay because the moral brigade want to pretend that we are good social citizens. If the government bans gaming then fair
enough, until then its fair game IMHO.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »
We should get into the arms trade then, there's bucket loads of money selling guns to militias around the world.  And the branding would fit, Tiger AK47's for the jungle fighter in you!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
I add I share your concern but the entire AFL is too money focused.  Its raking in the riches from TV and yet still tries to drag millions more from the membership.  What for?  So we can pay to have Jack Reiwoldts big toe massaged after each game?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 03:07:27 PM »
We should get into the arms trade then, there's bucket loads of money selling guns to militias around the world.  And the branding would fit, Tiger AK47's for the jungle fighter in you!
Or maybe open up a brothel or two. Lots of money to be made.

:lol

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 03:24:02 PM »
Richmond is already getting money from gaming machines. That's the realty of the situation. There is nothing wrong with adding
to the portfolio buy buying into a family pub with gaming machines. It has nothing to do with brothels and arms trading.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
Richmond is already getting money from gaming machines. That's the realty of the situation. There is nothing wrong with adding
to the portfolio buy buying into a family pub with gaming machines. It has nothing to do with brothels and arms trading.
They are trying to get out of the gaming business. That's why they have bought into the fitness industry. They realise that the lomg term future of pokies is limited.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
I think its just the reality of it all really with gaming, strong push for all clubs to get out and need to be seen to do the right thing.

A number of clubs have already moved away from it and the pressure will mount for others to follow suit and they will be getting pressure from AFL also.

The reserved seating issue is a separate matter I think, that's about being about to expand the top end memberships which sold out. Its still a money grab of sorts but its also about accommodating what people are asking for and sometimes other people pay the price, rightly or wrongly.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »
We could be sponsored by ISIS for all I care as long as it pays the bills.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
We could be sponsored by ISIS for all I care as long as it pays the bills.... :shh
They're being dismantled at the moment so that's a big NO from me. :shh