Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - Kamdyn McIntosh?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - Kamdyn McIntosh?
« on: October 07, 2018, 04:01:08 AM »
Next up is Kmac.

In his 4th season, Kam played 21 games to take his career tally to 74. He was selected for the first 13 rounds before being dropped. He returned in round 18 against St Kilda and played in all the remaining games of the season including both finals.

Season highlights
21 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles and a goal vs Fremantle (Round 7, 2018)
20 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles vs Essendon (Round 20, 2018)
20 disposals, 2 marks, 4 tackles vs Collingwood (Round 19, 2018)
19 disposals (all kicks), 5 marks vs Carlton (Round 1, 2018)
12 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles and 3 goals vs Hawthorn (Qualifying Final, 2018)

Career stats to date:
          Games  Kicks   Hballs  Disp.  Marks  Tackles  G.B    Clear.  In50   Re50   CP    UP   1%ers
2015      23     10.5     4.8     15.3    4.1      2.6       8.8     1.1     2.5     2.0     4.4  10.5    1.4
2016        6     12.2     5.8     18.0    5.0      2.3       0.1     1.0     2.0     4.0
2017      24       9.6     5.3     14.9    3.5      3.2       2.5     0.4     2.7     1.9
2018      21       9.4     4.5     13.9    3.1      2.0       9.3     0.8     3.0     1.8

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2508
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--kamdyn-mcintosh

How did we all rate KMac's 2018?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - Kamdyn McIntosh?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
Improved in the areas the coaches wanted him to

That's the important bit
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
Your classic "good ordinary player" who's occasionally good but more often ordinary.... should be trade bait for Cerra next year... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 04:18:09 PM »
Your classic "good ordinary player" who's occasionally good but more often ordinary.... should be trade bait for Cerra next year... :shh

Perfect description of him. I said at the start of the year he was one of the positions we could improve and still feel that way now even though he had a few very good performances.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 04:19:08 PM »
The definition of a role player.

Appears to do what is asked of him  and not much more, although I do suspect he is more versatile than given credit for. He has good height and pace, and I think could be deployed into different roles during the game if needed.

Does have exceptional endurance, which is a plus for our team.

Actually think he is the obvious replacement for Grigg, but not neccesarily an upgrade.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:19:21 PM »
Kicking 3 goals in a qualifying final was unexpected.

I think he's one of our more underrated players.  Good size.

He was quite emotional after the loss to Collingwood too.
Unleash the tornado

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
I like what he brings to the team - height and running ability. He is also not afraid to put his body on the line.

His kicking seems to have improved as he is looking more composed when disposing of the pill, although the "hackingtosh" moments still come up every now and again.
Another year of improvement and he'll be a very very handy player. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »
continues to stagnate if anything this yr went backwards. Probably fumbles more than any other player we have.
Club is  crazy if it is not to find a significant upgrade on him.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:59 PM »
how bad was he in the qualifying final....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »
How freakin blinkered are you.
The title of the thread asks us to rate the players YEAR. Useing just a smidge of common sense the title  suggests to most thinking people they rate the whole 21 games he played.
But hey you keep your head firmly stuck up ya arse and just focus on one of his better games !!!!! which was average at best and made to look better than it was because he was lucky enough to get on the end of a few goals.

FMD heres a bloke who gets little ball playing mostly as a mid just 14 disposals a game in a role where 20 plus should be the norm. Heres a bloke who hardly gets a ball for himself less than 5 c/ps a game a bloke his size and he cant win a hard ball. Heres a bloke who averaged just 2 tackles a game, yet hes lauded for his hardness,  a bloke who had less than one clearance a game a running mid who is expected to win his share of clearances. Heres a bloke who is 192cm and he took just 2 contested marks for the yr, thats  for the whole  freakin year!!!!!!!. He provided little inside fifty ball and we got little rebound from him and to top it all off while most played with a footy he played with a cake of soap
All i can say is open ya eyes and stop making a fool of yourself. Fmd no wonder i rarely come on here theres only so much nonsense a bloke can put up with.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »
I don't look too closely at the possession stats as our game style is generally possess less and get it forward.

His weaknesses are well documented on this forum. It would be good if he bullied his opponents more with his size and if he could improve his ability in the air. His athleticism is underated I believe and I do think his body has really helped us defensively by not allowing oppositions (for the most part) to get a run on. Has been crucial in link ups also.

I think his improvement will be from his offensive game. I.e. if he can use his athleticism to run 10-20 m then drive it in deep to Lynch that's where he can really excel.

For me a 6-7/10 year

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
Won't be at Richmond after next year.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
How freakin blinkered are you.
The title of the thread asks us to rate the players YEAR. Useing just a smidge of common sense the title  suggests to most thinking people they rate the whole 21 games he played.
But hey you keep your head firmly stuck up ya arse and just focus on one of his better games !!!!! which was average at best and made to look better than it was because he was lucky enough to get on the end of a few goals.

FMD heres a bloke who gets little ball playing mostly as a mid just 14 disposals a game in a role where 20 plus should be the norm. Heres a bloke who hardly gets a ball for himself less than 5 c/ps a game a bloke his size and he cant win a hard ball. Heres a bloke who averaged just 2 tackles a game, yet hes lauded for his hardness,  a bloke who had less than one clearance a game a running mid who is expected to win his share of clearances. Heres a bloke who is 192cm and he took just 2 contested marks for the yr, thats  for the whole  freakin year!!!!!!!. He provided little inside fifty ball and we got little rebound from him and to top it all off while most played with a footy he played with a cake of soap
All i can say is open ya eyes and stop making a fool of yourself. Fmd no wonder i rarely come on here theres only so much nonsense a bloke can put up with.
you don't know footy.... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »
Wasn't Mopsy Claws one of McIntosh's biggest supporters early on? :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 05:33:06 PM »
That's how he starts.

He bags a player who has been around a while and champions a kid he's never seen play & says that kid should be in the position of the player he is bagging....:shh

Now it's Kamdyn's turn for the bagging, let's wait and see who the ripping kid being held back is.....:shh :shh