Author Topic: Miles and C.Ellis to Gold Coast for a swap of 2019 future 3rd round picks  (Read 11275 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles will depart Richmond after a deal was reached with the Gold Coast Suns on the opening day of the AFL Trade Period.

Gold Coast will receive Ellis, Miles and Richmond's 2019 third round draft selection, in exchange for their 2019 third round pick.

Richmond’s General Manager – Football, Neil Balme, thanked the pair for their time at the Club.

“Anthony and Corey played well above VFL level this year and we understand their desire to seek new opportunities.

“Milesy is the ultimate professional and has given our football club wonderful service over the past five years.

“At just 21 years old, Corey is a talented footballer and has a bright future ahead of him.

"We wish them the best of luck at the Gold Coast and thank them for their time at Richmond."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-08/miles-ellis-join-suns

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
thats not a trade, thats a giveaway.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Geez that seems like very little return for 2 players even given they only played like 10 games combined over the past 2 years. We've essentially traded them to move up 14 places in the third round of the draft.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
And there is the steak knives

Dougeytherichmondfan

Geez that seems like very little return for 2 players even given they only played like 10 games combined over the past 2 years. We've essentially traded them to move up 14 places in the third round of the draft.
We also get Lynch which swings it’s heavily in our favour.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
There's a strong likelihood of the Suns finishing wooden spooners next year. So the 2019 3rd round pick will be in the late 30s depending on compos next year.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
This is disgraceful list management and trading.  I'm sorry but Ellis in particular has upside and worth at least a 3rd rounder in his own right. 
Very disappointed with the club via this trade. 

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
This is disgraceful list management and trading.  I'm sorry but Ellis in particular has upside and worth at least a 3rd rounder in his own right. 
It was reward for not matching us. No coincidence it came immediately out with the Lynch decision....

Keeps our relationship good with our northern junior development squad called the Suns... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

It was reward for not matching us. No coincidence it came immediately out with the Lynch decision....

Keeps our relationship good with our northern junior development squad called the Suns... :shh
Correct. Don’t forget the Suns could have matched whatever anyone put on the table if they wanted. They declined to match in order to achieve the best possible compensation, which now stands at pick 3 + Miles + Ellis + Next years 3rd rounder for Lynch and a third rounder.

Excellent management   :clapping

Don’t forget Lynch is on a very meagre wage while the premiership window is wide open 😉

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Spot on Doc.

Correct. Don’t forget the Suns could have matched whatever anyone put on the table if they wanted. They declined to match in order to achieve the best possible compensation, which now stands at pick 3 + Miles + Ellis + Next years 3rd rounder for Lynch and a third rounder.

Excellent management   :clapping

Don’t forget Lynch is on a very meagre wage while the premiership window is wide open 😉

And spot on Dougey

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Miles and C.Ellis to Gold Coast for a swap of 2019 future 3rd round picks
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 01:34:24 PM »
Yeah nah 2 players for a future 3rd round pick swap it's an incredibly shyte trade whichever way you spin it.....stuff me it's not as if they're getting nothing for Lynch....

...and what if we have a bad injury run and things go pear shaped and GC sudedenly get a new lease of life and come good next year and finish ahead of us,...stranger things have happened... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »
yeah not whingeing bout this outcome, we paid sweet FA for Lynch, the tab is picked up by the whole comp.  For those complaining should remember that we also paid for Abblett junior to go to the Suns by dropping down the ladder order as did they all, and for whomever else got a good run out of the system. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »
I guess paying overs for Prestia two years ago wasn't enough "goodwill" for Crazy Cochrane after all... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »

:lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »

:lol :rollin
Any way you spin it we have been bent over here.  They did get pick 3 for Lynch, it's not like they didn't get a return.