Author Topic: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
You claim that Soldo is a lumberer and can't jump, I umpired him in the year he was listed as a b Class rookie and he was athletic and had a very good leap.

This game was a practice match and even though he only played 3/4's I would have given him the three votes.

It was obvious he had never played football before as the midfielders were continually telling him where to position himself on the field but he owned the ruck contest and took intercept marks.

I found out later he also played 3/4's of the next match also, not bad in 32 degree heat.

You might say that he has grown taller and may not be as athletic now but if you know anything about growth spurts it affects the co-ordination. So that is why many big men only show their true potential well after they stop growing and develop the co-ordination.

As you started off your argument  with a lie ( unless you have some facts to back up your claim ) the rest of your statement lacks credibility.

By the way in that Gold Coast match he beat Witts in the ruck contest 34 to 33 not bad for a player with only four years of football under his belt against a AFL seasoned ruckman.

Have you watched him now - he barely jumps higher than six inches half the time....and it's not just at ruck contests - half the reason he didn't take more than four marks in any one match this year is that he takes off like the stuffing Spruce Goose... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »
he takes off like the stuffing Spruce Goose... :shh

Now you just leave Stephen Jurica out of this

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
You claim that Soldo is a lumberer and can't jump, I umpired him in the year he was listed as a b Class rookie and he was athletic and had a very good leap.

This game was a practice match and even though he only played 3/4's I would have given him the three votes.

It was obvious he had never played football before as the midfielders were continually telling him where to position himself on the field but he owned the ruck contest and took intercept marks.

I found out later he also played 3/4's of the next match also, not bad in 32 degree heat.

You might say that he has grown taller and may not be as athletic now but if you know anything about growth spurts it affects the co-ordination. So that is why many big men only show their true potential well after they stop growing and develop the co-ordination.

As you started off your argument  with a lie ( unless you have some facts to back up your claim ) the rest of your statement lacks credibility.

By the way in that Gold Coast match he beat Witts in the ruck contest 34 to 33 not bad for a player with only four years of football under his belt against a AFL seasoned ruckman.

Have you watched him now - he barely jumps higher than six inches half the time....and it's not just at ruck contests - half the reason he didn't take more than four marks in any one match this year is that he takes off like the stuffing Spruce Goose... :shh

And yet he beat Witts in the knockouts in the Gold coast match.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
the knockouts :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 11:57:22 PM »
I don't recall Soldo knocking out Witts...you think he would've been suspended....must've been after the match.... :huh

Anyway.... is anyone going actually to offer up their own preferred draft result or a we just going to debate the relative merits of Ivan stuffing Soldo now?  :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 01:25:24 PM »
Not gonna pretend I know anything about the under 18 draft group or the state leaguers to participate in the discussion about who we should bring in other than it should be mids mids and more mids.

In terms of our own list think Drummond will be getting the chop and personally don’t think either of chol or soldo will make it but would keep them both on the list this season while we target mids this draft. Would consider delisting soldo if we pick up a ruckman from the state league to replace his spot.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:17 AM »
I have just had a look at the delistings from other clubs. Players who interest me most from other clubs

1) Harry Dear from Adelaide. he was terrific in the preseason last year and has never really gotten a chance. I prefer to him chol.
2) Mav Weller from St Kilda. not a star by any stretch but he is a professional footballer who can fill a spot if we have injuries.
3) Dean Towers from Sydney. Ive always liked Towers as a player. Havent followed him much last year or two but has shown he can play
4) Jesse Lonergan from Gold Coast. Has this kid ever had a chance to develop properly. Could play inside mid which we need.
5) Will Langford from Hawthorn. Many consider a dud but played a great grand final so has ability. Could fill a spot.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 08:46:17 AM »
I have just had a look at the delistings from other clubs. Players who interest me most from other clubs

1) Harry Dear from Adelaide. he was terrific in the preseason last year and has never really gotten a chance. I prefer to him chol.
2) Mav Weller from St Kilda. not a star by any stretch but he is a professional footballer who can fill a spot if we have injuries.
3) Dean Towers from Sydney. Ive always liked Towers as a player. Havent followed him much last year or two but has shown he can play
4) Jesse Lonergan from Gold Coast. Has this kid ever had a chance to develop properly. Could play inside mid which we need.
5) Will Langford from Hawthorn. Many consider a dud but played a great grand final so has ability. Could fill a spot.

No to Langford, the rest i'd be ok with.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »

No to Langford, the rest i'd be ok with.

Dud is an understatement. Strong no.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:40:49 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »
We don't have to worry about Langford, he's retired because he wants to be a one club player

Also, because he is contracted Dawks are going to put him on their rookie list for cap space reasons

Would considered Weller as a rookie if we don't retain Townsend
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »
Thoughts on Lyons from the Suns?

He's perhaps a slight downgrade on Miles, but strong inside mid from what I've seen. Albeit this year he stunk it up.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 03:09:26 PM »
Never seen Weller play from saints what is he a inside midfielder and hows his skills ?.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 03:21:50 PM »
Thoughts on Lyons from the Suns?

He's perhaps a slight downgrade on Miles, but strong inside mid from what I've seen. Albeit this year he stunk it up.

Just saw that the Lions have offered 3 years to Lyons

Jack Leslie delisted too, a high pick, tall defender from Victoria. 198cm, I wonder if he can ruck?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do