Author Topic: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
For me:

Delist Soldo, Drummond

That would then give us 8 spots to fill with Lynch already coming in.

Draft:

Trade up on draft night and snag Riley Collier-Dawkins (Stocker) , Ely Smith(Valente), Riley Grundy/(Stack)  Have to snag at least one of RCD or Smith.

Late draft/ rookie  M.Grigg, Fort/Sweet, Gibbons (Lantini/S.Nelson/J.Bolton), Goy Lok

DFA: Jesse Lonergan( though happy to just take another kid or state leaguer instead or even leave a vacant spot for the mid-season draft.)

Your turn stuffers.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
I don't really follow the draft anymore but I have heard good things about Jordan Clark and I hope he becomes a Tiger on draft night.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »
For me:

Delist Soldo, Drummond

That would then give us 8 spots to fill with Lynch already coming in.

Draft:

Trade up on draft night and snag Riley Collier-Dawkins (Stocker) , Ely Smith(Valente), Riley Grundy/(Stack)  Have to snag at least one of RCD or Smith.

Late draft/ rookie  M.Grigg, Fort/Sweet, Gibbons (Lantini/S.Nelson/J.Bolton), Goy Lok

DFA: Jesse Lonergan( though happy to just take another kid or state leaguer instead or even leave a vacant spot for the mid-season draft.)

Your turn stuffers.... :shh

Delist Soldo?
Shirley you're joking?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
You must've bawled your eyes out when we traded Gus Graham & delisted Andrew Browne......:shh

Now instead of criticising others how about you put your sack on the line and tell us your ideal result?:shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
You must've bawled your eyes out when we traded Gus Graham & delisted Andrew Browne......:shh

Now instead of criticising others how about you put your sack on the line and tell us your ideal result?:shh :shh

Keeping a back up ruckman in case of emergency would be a start.
Or are you of the opinion that Grigg can grow over pre season?
Our ruck situation is absolutely precarious with only one other developing 19 year old who showed the minimum of improvement in his first year. Getting rid of our only back up is suicide.
Recruit a State leaguer as a further back up but getting rid of Soldo? Think man. Think.

As for the rest of my strategy. First select best available and then go all out on inside mids.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 09:20:19 PM »
let's be honest, if Soldo wasn't related to Maric he'd have never gotten near an AFL list & would have been delisted already if he had somehow gotten onto a list.
Great guy, produces great effort but it just miles off it. He should stay if there's no one better to be back up for Nank, but come on, there has to be someone.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »
 :shh

Soldo is a lumbering dud who can barely jump ,averages less than one contested mark & less than two uncontested marks a game at VFL level can't play forward and isn't much better back - he won't make it and belongs in the pre- Jim Stynes if not pre-Simon Madden era of ruckmen...Fort or Sweet would both be upgrades, Chol & CCJ both have higher ceilings are far more versatile with stats that are already comparable if not better and at the very least wouldn't hamper us around the ground to the extent Soldo does and  Balta and even Moore & Miller are better second ruck options for  the same reason.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
let's be honest, if Soldo wasn't related to Maric he'd have never gotten near an AFL list & would have been delisted already if he had somehow gotten onto a list.
Great guy, produces great effort but it just miles off it. He should stay if there's no one better to be back up for Nank, but come on, there has to be someone.....:shh

The club didn't see fit to draft any recognisable rucks in the latest trade period so maybe they have an ace in their pack, but until I see their hand, I'm holding onto our joker.
Recruiting one a priority. Getting rid of our only back up is lunacy

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
Mate relax - the club will probably keep the spud as they've already stated that they're not really chasing any rucks this off-season...this thread is just meant for hypotheticals and what posters would like too see happen not what will happen ....and if my record over the last 20 years regarding what I'd like the club to do and what the club actually does is any indicator, I'll be lucky if they delist anybody or recruit even one of the players I mentioned in my post.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 09:55:11 PM »
Mate relax - the club will probably keep the spud as they've already stated that they're not really chasing any rucks this off-season...this thread is just meant for hypotheticals and what posters would like too see happen not what will happen ....and if my record over the last 20 years regarding what I'd like the club to do and what the club actually does is any indicator, I'll be lucky if they delist anybody or recruit even one of the players I mentioned in my post.... :shh

Apologies. I got serious there for a while.
Can't help myself sometimes. And don't call me Shirley  ;D

P.S Tom Campbell from Dogs just delisted

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »

Soldo is a lumbering dud who can barely jump ,averages less than one contested mark & less than two uncontested marks a game at VFL level can't play forward and isn't much better back - he won't make it and belongs in the pre- Jim Stynes if not pre-Simon Madden era of ruckmen...Fort or Sweet would both be upgrades, Chol & CCJ both have higher ceilings are far more versatile with stats that are already comparable if not better and at the very least wouldn't hamper us around the ground to the extent Soldo does and  Balta and even Moore & Miller are better second ruck options for  the same reason.... :shh

The same lumbering dud that held his own against Witts in his only game for the year against Gold Coast.

Soldo has only played four years of football so has a greater scope for development.

But seeing that you are lying out of your preverbial to make your case it is pointless trying to debate Soldo with you.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 01:53:11 PM »
Can someone explain to me how we would trade up to an earlier pick with only pick 17 & 37 then picks in the 60's????

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 01:55:04 PM »
Can someone explain to me how we would trade up to an earlier pick with only pick 17 & 37 then picks in the 60's????

Can still trade future picks I think

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »

The same lumbering dud that held his own against Witts in his only game for the year against Gold Coast.

Soldo has only played four years of football so has a greater scope for development.

But seeing that you are lying out of your preverbial to make your case it is pointless trying to debate Soldo with you.

You have your head up your proverbial if you think Soldo was that good against the GC withches hats or is a good player full stop. :shh

Oh and I guess these stats are lying out their proverbials too re: marks and goals...

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=198475546&client=1-3020-150493-477473-26138802&ocompID=477473

:shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 06:27:52 PM »
You claim that Soldo is a lumberer and can't jump, I umpired him in the year he was listed as a b Class rookie and he was athletic and had a very good leap.

This game was a practice match and even though he only played 3/4's I would have given him the three votes.

It was obvious he had never played football before as the midfielders were continually telling him where to position himself on the field but he owned the ruck contest and took intercept marks.

I found out later he also played 3/4's of the next match also, not bad in 32 degree heat.

You might say that he has grown taller and may not be as athletic now but if you know anything about growth spurts it affects the co-ordination. So that is why many big men only show their true potential well after they stop growing and develop the co-ordination.

As you started off your argument  with a lie ( unless you have some facts to back up your claim ) the rest of your statement lacks credibility.

By the way in that Gold Coast match he beat Witts in the ruck contest 34 to 33 not bad for a player with only four years of football under his belt against a AFL seasoned ruckman.