Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 198779 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #705 on: January 13, 2021, 11:23:26 AM »
Why don’t you explain how throwing Sydney in jail will “wake him up” like it did to Marlion Pickett

I didn’t say that

That was for yandb
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #706 on: January 13, 2021, 12:12:11 PM »
HRT this is a quote from my post a couple of days ago

"Have you considered that the incarceration might be doing him a favour and maybe the wakeup call Sydney needs, it worked for Marlion."

How do you extrapolate the above to this "throwing Sydney in jail will “wake him up” like it did to Marlion Pickett"

Poor form HRT

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #707 on: January 13, 2021, 10:04:46 PM »
You have an interesting take on poor form.
Even considering throwing in jail is far worse that missing a word on a post.
Take a good hard look at yourself champ.
 Considering or doing - throwing young men from difficult backgrounds in jail is the OPPOSITE of what you should do.

80% of first timers end up back in the clink.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #708 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:05 PM »
HRT I worked as a volunteer in juvenile justice for ten years and worked with disadvantaged youth from very dysfunctional backgrounds some were appreciative of the last chance before

incarceration others thought it was a cheap way of avoiding the penalty and one in particular unfortunately ended up with serious jail time a few years later.

I did not advocate "throwing Sydney in jail to teach him a lesson" he was already in there but some people in life sometimes need to experience the consequences of their actions to realise that they

cannot game the system and get away with it all the time.

But of course HRT by your claims you seem to be highly qualified in the justice system so please share some of your experiences.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #709 on: January 14, 2021, 07:55:01 AM »
Where did I say I was an expert, throwing people in jail for quarantine breaches is ridiculous - our jail capacity isn’t set up for trifling offences and neither are people who are disadvantaged.
Good luck to you for your views, I don’t agree.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:13:11 AM by Hard Roar Tiger »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
Stack’s girlfriend stands by her man

Despite his recent troubles, Tigers player Sydney Stack is being backed by his AFLW footballer girlfriend.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/sydney-stacks-girlfriend-shows-support-for-her-man/news-story/8ac58da582ffd431f50dd4c1c99e579b

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #711 on: January 20, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
MMM saying Stack has faced court today and has pleaded guilty to the quarantine breach. To be sentenced on March 25 (?).

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #712 on: January 20, 2021, 05:29:10 PM »
To be sentenced on March 25 (?).

...to play for Norf... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #713 on: January 20, 2021, 06:04:49 PM »
Tiger Stack pleads guilty to breaching WA's COVID-19 laws

By Michael Ramsey, AAP - 3 hrs ago

RICHMOND'S Sydney Stack has pleaded guilty to breaching Western Australia's strict COVID-19 quarantine laws.

Stack appeared in Perth Magistrates Court on Wednesday where he entered a guilty plea to one count of failing to comply with a direction.

He will be sentenced on March 25.

The magistrate extended Stack's bail and ordered that pre-sentencing and psychiatric reports be obtained.

Stack and his manager Paul Peos declined to comment outside court.

Sydney Stack during a Richmond training session at Southport Sharks in January, 2020. Picture: Getty Images
Stack was granted bail earlier this month after spending almost three weeks, including the Christmas period, behind bars.

The 20-year-old was charged by police after being found out on the town in Northbridge during his compulsory self-isolation period, having entered WA from Victoria on a flight that stopped over in South Australia.

WA's border with SA was closed at the time after a recent coronavirus scare.

Stack was granted approval to enter WA on compassionate grounds on December 10 for his grandfather's funeral.

He was issued with a direction to self-quarantine for 14 days at a nominated address in Northam, about 97km from Perth.

But he was found by police at 1.10am on December 19 in the party district of Northbridge.

It was also alleged he had been staying at a residence in Belmont and not at his nominated quarantine address.

The breach capped off a torrid year for Stack, who was overlooked in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft because of concerns about off-field issues but has since played 26 AFL games for Richmond.

He was handed a 10-match AFL ban and banished from Queensland in September for an incident outside of a Gold Coast strip club.

Stack and Tigers teammate Callum Coleman-Jones broke the AFL's return-to-play protocols during that night out, which ended up with them being involved in a fight at about 3.30am. Richmond were subsequently fined $100,000.

The Tigers have promised to support Stack, who is out of contract at the end of the season, through his latest troubles.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/541876/tiger-stack-pleads-guilty-to-breaching-wa-s-covid-19-laws
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #714 on: January 20, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
Served 19 days in jail not enough honestly and sentence in over 2 months WA living in the middle ages become a scapegoat this case.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #715 on: January 21, 2021, 10:06:01 AM »
Is he allowed to come back to Melbourne ATM or does he remain in WA until sentencing??

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #716 on: January 21, 2021, 11:27:15 AM »
Is he allowed to come back to Melbourne ATM or does he remain in WA until sentencing??

believe he must remain in WA as per his bail conditions
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #717 on: February 01, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: February 01, 2021, 03:07:46 PM »
Hope he's training the house down.

Stack on some lean muscle Stacky haha

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #719 on: February 09, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »
AFL pre-season Blowtorch: The player your club is counting on to turn their fortunes around in 2021

Foxsports
9 February 2021

RICHMOND – Sydney Stack

It’s fair to say it has been a rough six-months for the young Tiger. After bursting on the scene with a breakout 2019 campaign, Stack struggled to lock down a best 22 spot at the club. In September, Stack and fellow youngster Callum Coleman-Jones were fined and sent home after a serious COVID-19 breach in the Queensland hub. Stack was involved in a confrontation after leaving a Gold Coast strip club. Since then, Stack return to Melbourne and then Perth, breaching COVID-19 restrictions after being put into a mandatory isolation. It caused the 20-year-old to spend Christmas behind bars, before being released. The Tigers are continuing to support the young player who will need to turn things around and focus on footy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-afl-clubs-expectations-blowtorch-afl-preseason-who-can-turn-their-fortunes-around-pressure/news-story/25adf8010e377bd0056069aeffd75982