Author Topic: Some good news hopefully / Lids re-signs for 3 years  (Read 2196 times)

Moi

Some good news hopefully / Lids re-signs for 3 years
« on: April 03, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
Page 58 Herald Sun:  At a press conference later this week:

"... the Tigers are hoping to announce they have resigned several of their younger players to long-term contracts.

The group is believed to include Brett Deledio and Richard Tambling ...."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 01:25:15 AM by one-eyed »

Moi

Re: Some good news hopefully
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 11:59:05 AM »
Hopefully, they sign Meyer up as well to stop the rumours about him being unhappy.  And, of course, Rainsey who i think his contract is up as well.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
Normal punt rd strategy to announce re-signings or signings after a flogging lol

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
I thought the good news was the entire St.Kilda team had the flu and they would forfeit this weeks round. :lol

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:00:55 PM »
Hopefully, they sign Meyer up as well to stop the rumours about him being unhappy.  And, of course, Rainsey who i think his contract is up as well.

IMHO both Meyer and Raines are important figures in our future

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »
is this happening tomorrow with Terry on Tuesdays?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids agrees to 3-year deal
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 01:23:24 AM »
From the Age: http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/04/03/1143916469244.html

If Nathan Brown's return from a broken leg was one rare positive, another was Brett Deledio's long-term commitment to the club.

Last year's Rising Star has agreed to a new three-year deal which will keep the No. 1 draft pick at Richmond until the end of 2009

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Lids agrees to 3-year deal
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 01:53:56 AM »
Last year's Rising Star has agreed to a new three-year deal which will keep the No. 1 draft pick at Richmond until the end of 2009

:woohoo
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Some good news hopefully / Lids re-signs for 3 years
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »
YAY - Onya Lids  :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 02:11:17 AM »
hes the only one who should have been given a 5 year deal :banghead

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 08:03:58 AM »
I thought the good news was the entire St.Kilda team had the flu and they would forfeit this weeks round. :lol
:pray :pray

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:29:17 AM »
hes the only one who should have been given a 5 year deal :banghead

More likely Lids only wanted a three year deal. Takes him up to the end of Wallace's contract and at that time he will only be 21/22. So his value will be higher then and he will know who is the Richmond coach.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 04:11:04 PM »
No player should be getting 5 years. 3 years should be the max and only for star players. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids and Newman sign new deals
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 03:08:33 PM »
According to SEN, Lids has re-signed until 2009 and Newman until 2008. Patto will be stitched up soon too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio and Newman re-sign (RFC site)
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
Deledio and Newman re-sign
4:02:39 PM Tue 11 April, 2006
Scott Spits
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond has received a boost after announcing the re-signings of star youngster Brett Deledio and reliable utility Chris Newman.

The Tigers have secured Deledio - the winner of last year's NAB AFL Rising Star Award - on a three-year deal while 23-year-old Newman has re-signed for another two seasons.

Deledio, 18, the No.1 selection at the 2004 NAB AFL Draft, played all 22 matches in his debut season with the Tigers and represented Australian in the International Rules series against Ireland last October.

Newman has played 76 matches for Richmond since making his debut in 2002.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said re-signing the pair was important part of the plan to continue to develop the younger players on the club's list.

"You all know the club's taken a pretty clear direction, a pretty clear pathway of junior development over the last few seasons," Miller said.

"We have 30 players on our list who are 24 or under. I really think that these two boys represent the future leaders on that group."

Miller said it was a mutual decision between the club and Deledio's management to re-sign the emerging star until the end of 2009.

"Obviously there's a changing environment at the moment with the new negotiations on the TPP (total player payments)," he said.

"We took that into consideration and we've got contingency plans for both boys if there's an extraordinary change.

"We had to work through that issue over the last month but when Brett finishes this contract he'll be 21 years of age so they'll be a few more for him in store after that."

Deledio said he looked forward to being a part of Richmond's future and he had no concerns about re-signing for three years.

"I see myself as playing for Richmond for now. I'm not in any rush to go anywhere so to have a three-year deal is fine for me," Deledio said.

Newman was equally happy to ensure a future at Tigerland.

"We've got a young group and we're all very excited about what we can do," Newman said.

"We've all got a pretty clear direction and a pretty clear goal that we want to achieve - that's to eventually play finals and be in a successful team."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=256868