Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 4, 2019  (Read 14695 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 4, 2019
« on: April 08, 2019, 04:23:29 AM »
AFL Round 4

Port Adelaide vs RICHMOND

Saturday, 4:05 PM ACST (4:35 PM AEST)

@ the Adelaide Oval.

Odds:
Richmond   $2.45
Port Adel.   $1.52

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/4/port-v-rich

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 4, 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
We’re unders
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »
Match preview: Port Adelaide v Richmond

AFL.com.au
Lee Gaskin
Apr 9, 2019

Where and when: Adelaide Oval, Saturday, April 8, 4.05pm ACST

Last time they met: Adelaide Oval, round 12, 2018: Port Adelaide 10.12 (72) defeated Richmond 8.10 (58)

The Power kicked seven of their 10 goals in a dynamic second quarter to set up the 14-point victory. Chad Wingard had 31 disposals, Ollie Wines had 29 and Justin Westhoff kicked three goals for the Power, while Jack Riewoldt kicked three majors for the Tigers.

What it means for Port Adelaide:
The Power can improve to 3-1 for the season and bounce back from a hard-fought 17-point loss to Brisbane at the Gabba last Saturday night.

What it means for Richmond:
It's a critical game for the 2017 premiers. A loss to the Power would leave the Tigers reeling at 1-3 after the first month of the season.

How Port Adelaide wins:
Run, run, run. Transition the ball quickly out of defence, get it flowing through the midfield and allow Robbie Gray, Brad Ebert and young gun Connor Rozee to be effective up forward.

How Richmond wins:
The Tigers need their second-tier players to step up to help them overcome the loss of their experienced stars. Jack Riewoldt (wrist) and Alex Rance (knee) are already sidelined, Dustin Martin is suspended and Trent Cotchin injured his hamstring in last weekend's 49-point loss to Greater Western Sydney.

The stat:
Since Dustin Martin made his AFL debut in 2010, at least two of Martin, Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin have played in every game for Richmond. Tigers coach Damien Hardwick has never been without the entire quartet.

The match-up: Scott Lycett v Toby Nankervis

Lycett has been outstanding since moving to the Power, sharing the ruck duties with Paddy Ryder while also playing up forward. Nankervis will have his hands full dealing with the Power's ruck combo. Nankervis is the seventh-ranked ruckman in the Schick AFL Player Ratings – and No.58 overall. Lycett started the season ranked 299th overall, but has rocketed up to 226th, and 14th among ruckmen.

It's a big week for: Kane Lambert

The 27-year-old takes on a more significant role in the Tigers midfield with Cotchin and Martin ruled out. Lambert often goes unnoticed, but he's an experienced ball-winner who will have his hands full dealing with Travis Boak, Ollie Wines and Sam Powell-Pepper.

Big call: Former Power captain Boak to continue his stellar start to the season, finishing the game with at least 40 disposals.

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 27 points

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-09/match-preview-port-adelaide-v-richmond

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »
Things are going to get worse before they get better .
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »
Port is the type of side that would lose this game, but I just can't see it happening.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »
I hope I am badly wrong but I have grave fears we will be thrashed by Port.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »
I hope I am badly wrong but I have grave fears we will be thrashed by Port.

I reckon you’re wrong
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

strongandbold

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:17 PM »
I get this feeling Port will come out with a little voice in their heads going "Hehe, heres an easy win".  They will expect it to just happen, we will pounce and win by 5 points.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 09:18:05 PM »
Nankervis said the inclusion of Sydney Stack last week was a prime example that Richmond had strong depth, the 18-year-old logging 17 disposals and booting one goal on debut against Greater Western Sydney.

“Sydney Stack on the weekend was really impressive and there’s a few other boys that are a chance to play this weekend as well,” Nankervis told the Herald Sun.

“It is only Round 4 so we’ve got so much time to improve and I feel really confident that we’ll do that.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 06:08:13 PM »
Hinkley comparing us losing Rance, Jack, Cotch & Dusty to them losing Dixon, Hartlett, Watts & Amon  :huh.

DEALING with the tag of being strong favourites to beat an undermanned Richmond at Adelaide Oval on Saturday isn't sitting well with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.

Hinkley said the Power were down on troops as well, with Charlie Dixon (leg), vice-captain Hamish Hartlett (hamstring), utility Jack Watts (leg) and midfielder Karl Amon (knee) among those on the sidelines.

"It's really challenging for us, because there's some expectation upon what Richmond have got and what we have got," Hinkley said.

"If you look at it in the whole picture of things, we've got some players missing, they've got some players missing.

"It never counts for too much once the game starts.

"Regardless of who we play, whether it's Richmond with all their available squad or some of their players unavailable, that's no different to us."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-12/toothless-tigers-hinkley-challenged-by-favourite-tag

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 06:12:45 PM »
I don't see how he compared the players? Maybe he undersells the fact our outs are better than his, but I think the point was both of us are missing important players.

Anyhow

proof will be in the pudding
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 06:25:02 PM »
personally im only looking forward to 1 thing tomorrow....to see if Bolton can hit a target

the only thing he has lacked imo....disposal

has everything else he needs to shine

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 06:40:57 PM »
personally im only looking forward to 1 thing tomorrow....to see if Bolton can hit a target

At least he takes the game on as opposed to Bellis who seems scared to make an error.....  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 10:41:43 PM »

At least he takes the game on as opposed to Bellis who seems scared to make an error.....  :shh

Bolton is a dud

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 11:10:57 PM »
Hinkley comparing us losing Rance, Jack, Cotch & Dusty to them losing Dixon, Hartlett, Watts & Amon  :huh.

DEALING with the tag of being strong favourites to beat an undermanned Richmond at Adelaide Oval on Saturday isn't sitting well with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.

Hinkley said the Power were down on troops as well, with Charlie Dixon (leg), vice-captain Hamish Hartlett (hamstring), utility Jack Watts (leg) and midfielder Karl Amon (knee) among those on the sidelines.

"It's really challenging for us, because there's some expectation upon what Richmond have got and what we have got," Hinkley said.

"If you look at it in the whole picture of things, we've got some players missing, they've got some players missing.

"It never counts for too much once the game starts.

"Regardless of who we play, whether it's Richmond with all their available squad or some of their players unavailable, that's no different to us."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-12/toothless-tigers-hinkley-challenged-by-favourite-tag

Dixon - inconsistent
Hartlett - I thought he had retired
Watts - leaves his best for off season
Amon- I don't even know who the stuff he is

Keep dreaming Kenny, if your mob lose this you should start logging on to seek.com.au