Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 4, 2019  (Read 14678 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 4, 2019
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2019, 03:09:03 AM »
Every one on the field today had some terrible moments but also had some fantastic moments. The thing that struck me today was is our gameis more about system than personal. To win without our big four but playing our same system as 2017 and 2018 means to me that its more about our system than the personal we have out there. Not sure what that means for our Jack and Lynch foward setup. Maybe Jack has to play up higher.
There was a moment in the last where Lynch was off the ground for a rest and we had to use Caddy as our main long tall forward target. When Jack comes back that won't happen again.

I think both Jack and Lynch will rotate during games when they play together again. Lynch wasn't match fit at the start of the season so we didn't see them working together at their best. While they will swap, I think you're right Fluffy with Jack spending more time playing high forward as he is a smart and good user of the footy. Jack will go deeper forward if Lynch is used in the ruck or if we want Lynch to give us a tall marking option for the down the line kick along a wing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2019, 08:45:07 AM »
Just watched a replay of the game.

Gee, how clever was Prestia with that final centre clearance.

FWIW, I do think the umpire was correct in calling it deliberate. But I reckon that worked to our advantage and wouldn't mind betting that it is a set play.

Port had no option but to kick it down the line where we wanted it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
Ellis BOG according to AFL.com.au

He was better but wouldn't read too much into the nuffies in AFL.com they rate their bests solely on stats

But as i said he was better and improved as the game wore on
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:43:32 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2019, 10:26:32 AM »
Kicked a crucial goal did Ellis
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »

He was better but wouldn't read too much into the nuffies in AFL.com they rate their bests solely on stats

But as isaid he was better and improved as thw game wore on

He was great, credit where credit is due.
Seriously, people crap in about Dimma’s favourites but this forum is no different- except it’s your villains who you can properly give credit when they do play well! Get over yourselves!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »

Seriously, people crap in about Dimma’s favourites but this forum is no different- except it’s your villains who you can properly give credit when they do play well! Get over yourselves!
Is One game out of twenty good enough? Or even ONE ok season out of 10?

Ok Let’s give the bloke another 20 games and turn a blind eye with his constant pulling out of contests and mediocre performances, let’s excuse him constantly kicking backwards and sideways giving the ball to teammates in worse predicaments than himself etc.
Hopefully by round 22 we might see him play another decent game, by then we might be able to get over it.  :clapping :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
Which season was his ok one?

The premiership year?
The year where he was runner up in the BnF and in the AA squad of 40?
One of the multiple years he was top 5 BnF?
One of the seasons where he played 23 of his 150 odd consecutive games?

Which season are you talking about?

Just put a sock in it. If you're not going to give him credit for a strong game then don't bother bagging him for his bad ones.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
HRT spot on.

I give Lambert a kicking on this forum when he deserves it but give him credit for his good games. Surely you Ellis haters can try doing the same.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
HRT spot on.

I give Lambert a kicking on this forum when he deserves it but give him credit for his good games. Surely you Ellis haters can try doing the same.

Nup

Can’t do it

He’s petrified and that will never change .. that’s not something that’s coachable

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
Well he's not on his pat malone there is he...:shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »

X 2, was in best three

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »
HRT spot on.

Funny i thought i did  ::)

Said he was better. And got better as the game went on. His 1st qtr was typicsl BEllis.

Was he BOG? IMV, no. Was he in our top 6. Yeah he was

But yesterday needs to his minimum out put. Not a cameo

History shows this is not what we'll get every week so forgive me if I remain not sold especially afte r last weeks "effort"

Credit to him for an much improved game but it needs to be the norm, not the exception. I'd hope even you'd agree
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »
Raised his compo value...North licking their lips... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2019, 05:52:16 PM »
HRT spot on.

Said he was better. And got better as the game went on. His 1st qtr was typicsl BEllis.

History shows this is not what we'll get every week so forgive me if I remain not sold especially afte r last weeks "effort"

Credit to him for an much improved game but it needs to be the norm, not the exception. I'd hope even you'd agree

I wasn't really talking to you, more Tigra.

But this is where you set an unrealistic standard. He was fantastic yesterday, it is impossible for that to be his 'minimum'. If that is the minimum we expect from him and he achieves it week in, week out.... then he'll get 40 votes in the Brownlow this year.

What should be the standard is the same effort, intensity and productivity. 18-25 decent disposals each week and decent efforts. I think we'll see that should he remain on the wing.

He'll play another poor game again at some point and I hope we're not all going to bring our pitchforks out when it happens. Give credit where it is due and criticise when necessary.

I said it earlier in the thread....confidence is the most important thing in football. You have been watching a guy who has been highly uncomfortable at half back of late and had no confidence. Dimma backed him in, moved him back to the wing and low and behold...after one quarter of football he started to gain some confidence!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »
HRT spot on.

I wasn't really talking to you, more Tigra.

But this is where you set an unrealistic standard. He was fantastic yesterday, it is impossible for that to be his 'minimum'. If that is the minimum we expect from him and he achieves it week in, week out.... then he'll get 40 votes in the Brownlow this year.

What should be the standard is the same effort, intensity and productivity. 18-25 decent disposals each week and decent efforts. I think we'll see that should he remain on the wing.

He'll play another poor game again at some point and I hope we're not all going to bring our pitchforks out when it happens. Give credit where it is due and criticise when necessary.

I said it earlier in the thread....confidence is the most important thing in football. You have been watching a guy who has been highly uncomfortable at half back of late and had no confidence. Dimma backed him in, moved him back to the wing and low and behold...after one quarter of football he started to gain some confidence!
Give it a rest mate.
He was ok yesterday at best.
He still poo himself on more than one occasion which should not ever happen after playing 150 games of AFL footy. He still missed targets and fumbled. The start of the 3rd he made 3 mistakes in as many minutes.
Do you think it’s normal for probably 90% of Tigers supporters to talk about him like most of us do?
Is there a Tiger player in history with his sort of stigma?

Most if not all Tigers supporters I know think he is scared and want him gone, which I hope he is at the end of this year.