Author Topic: 2020 membership - "We're from Tigerland"  (Read 25414 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2020 membership - "We're from Tigerland"
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
They can have my two as a donation

#notafairweathersupporter

so you are an afl member too, and have no issue with the afl keeping it? or are you referring to the club one?

each to their own, not going to bag anyone for taking either stance. I would find it odd if anyone let the AFL (not club) keep their hard earned money given what they do with the profits from the competition. I have zero sympathy for those scum bags.

two club ones in my family, not an afl member and yes it would be different for sure i had an afl membership

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
They can have my two as a donation

#notafairweathersupporter

so you are an afl member too, and have no issue with the afl keeping it? or are you referring to the club one?

each to their own, not going to bag anyone for taking either stance. I would find it odd if anyone let the AFL (not club) keep their hard earned money given what they do with the profits from the competition. I have zero sympathy for those scum bags.

two club ones in my family, not an afl member and yes it would be different for sure i had an afl membership

:thumbsup  i thought you would think the same

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2020, 04:16:14 PM »
I buy 3 each year, if you cash in do you go back to being a 1st year member?
I wouldn't but would understand if someone is on their knees
Tough call but family would come first for most people.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2020, 04:24:00 PM »
As of 03/04/2020

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
O'Neal urges Tiger fans struggling to pay memberships to get in touch (ABC)
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »
Richmond president Peggy O'Neal urges fans struggling to pay memberships to get in touch

On Mornings with Virginia Trioli
ABC
3 April 2020

With games off the table, the focus of the AFL season has now shifted to the issue of club memberships and refunds.

The AFL has told supporters that anyone who needs a refund can get one, but Collingwood president Eddie McGuire fears a rush on refunds could cause some clubs to fold.

Richmond president Peggy O'Neal says she understands if members want refunds, and urged any experiencing financial stress to get in touch with the club.

"Members are important to clubs but we have to realise there's a human side to all of this," she told Virginia Trioli and Kelli Underwood.

"Having food on the table is going to trump watching the Tigers play, and we aren't playing right now.

"We sold more than 50 memberships last week and people are making donations just as a show of support and we appreciate that."

Duration: 5min 24sec
Broadcast: Fri 3 Apr 2020, 8:30am

Listen here:
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/mornings/afl-richmond-president-talks-memberships/12118116

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
As of 09/04/2020

"The Tiger Army now has 97,000 members for 2020, a feat that I find both humbling and inspiring”.

Hear from the skipper as he announces our latest membership milestone. Strong and Bold together 💛 #fromTigerland #gotiges

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1248128171863465989

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »
TIGERS EDGE CLOSER TO 100K MEMBERS

A mass purchase of Richmond memberships has the Tigers ticking closer to 100,000 members.

Jen Drake, a Tigers fan from Apollo Bay, tipped the reigning premiers to 97,000 by purchasing seven memberships to get the club to the milestone.

“Yes, I still pay for my kids, but happy birthday to nieces and nephew,” she tweeted.

Richmond currently holds the highest membership count of any AFL club, a particular point in 2020 given the financial uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus crisis and future of the AFL season.

Tigers skipper Trent Cotchin thanked Richmond supporters for their commitment, which he described as “incredibly humbling, but also inspiring”.

“The pandemic we’re going through at the moment … it’s obviously tremendously troubling – not just to our sport or our club, it’s a worldwide thing,” he said in a video to members

“To see you guys show up and continue to show the support that you do, it makes me really proud.”

— By Sam Landsberger

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-news-all-the-happenings-in-the-footy-world-during-the-coronavirusenforced-stoppage/news-story/7f88fe6b9ce19b364ce7a37e5dc07d9f

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »

Richmond and Tiger Army will Fight and Fight and Win Together

By richmondfc.com.au
17 April 2020

Richmond has called on the mighty Tiger Army to fight with the Club for a strong and bold future.

The Club has released a new campaign rallying Richmond members and supporters to Fight and Fight and Win alongside the Club, as we all navigate through this challenging COVID-19 crisis.

Fight and Fight and Win, inspired by Richmond’s famous Club song, captures the tough Tiger spirit, and gritty determination of the Club, its players, members and supporters, reminding everyone that together, we’ll get through this.

Fight and Fight and Win is brought to life by a video piece, narrated by star Richmond midfielder, Dustin Martin, and features fighting moments to remind the Tiger Army of some of the key Richmond highlights etched in all of our memories.

Richmond CEO, Brendon Gale, shared his appreciation of Club members’ continued support.

“We can never question the unwavering passion and loyalty of the Tiger Army, and now more than ever, we find ourselves in a time where we really need their continued support,” he said.

“As a Club, we’ve been through adversity in the past, and together, with our members’ support, we’ve found a way through, and we’ll do it again.

“The current situation is difficult, as a Club we’re fighting to create a strong, bold and winning future. We understand its tough for everyone right now, but we want the Tiger Army to know that we’ll fight together, and win together.”

FIGHT AND WIN: Join or renew with the Tiger Army, or contact our membership team if your circumstances have changed.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/585700/

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
The club is down about 6000 members from last year. Thats another $1 million lost. For the club
To already have made this call to arms means its bleeding cash. Anyone who hasnt renewed should do
So even if its a 3 game membership. It took a long time for us to re-emerge as a powerhouse lets not lose our status because of corona virus issues.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2020, 10:55:03 AM »
That's dissapointing but look at the environment.

Ramps do you know If all other clubs are down as well?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »
That's dissapointing but look at the environment.

Ramps do you know If all other clubs are down as well?

Of course they will be, COVID-19 isn’t just affecting RIchmond members ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2020, 02:16:26 PM »
The club is down about 6000 members from last year. Thats another $1 million lost. For the club
To already have made this call to arms means its bleeding cash. Anyone who hasnt renewed should do
So even if its a 3 game membership. It took a long time for us to re-emerge as a powerhouse lets not lose our status because of corona virus issues.

Bleeding cash? Tad dramatic  ::)

Club has stood down 60 odd people, for the majority that remain they are working part time.

Player's wages are being cover by the league but they've all taken pay cuts ( not enough but that's another story)

The fact the club won't be borrowing from the AFL shows they have things under control

You will find we are either still ahead or on par number wise with this time last year

Think you will find very few members have asked for their money back or for their monthly payments to be stopped

Think it is smart move to continue to engage with members. It is actually a brillaint video message.

We are one of 18 clubs and we are and will remain one of if not the strongest in the comp.

Club is on top of this

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »
Club membership tallies

17/04/2020      2019        Difference      %Diff

Richmond     97,003       103,358        -6,355         -6.1 %
West Coast   93,000+      90,445       +2,555         +2.8 %
Hawthorn      69,361        81,211       -11,850       -14.6 %
Essendon      68,197        84,237       -16,040       -19.0 %
Carlton         64,270        64,269               +1          0.0 %
Geelong        58,142        65,063        -6,921      -10.6 %
Port Adel.      51,759        51,951           -192        -0.4 %
Fremantle      47,069        51,431         -4,362       -8.5 %
Sydney         46,815        61,912       -15,097      -24.4 %
St Kilda         43,576        43,308          +268        +0.6 %
W.Bulldogs    38,401        44,373        -5,972      -13.5 %
Melbourne     38,286        52,421       -14,135       -27.0 %
North Melb.   37,347        42,419         -5,072       -12.0 %
Brisbane        29,508        28,023       +1,485        +5.3 %
GWS Giants   27,297        30,109        -2,812        -9.3 %

2020 N/A - Adelaide (2019: 64,437), Collingwood (85,226), Gold Coast (13,649).

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

Bleeding cash? Tad dramatic  ::)

no I don't think it is. We are 6000 members down on last year. that's $1 million at least right there. Aligned is not open. Wantirna club closed. No gate receipts at $1 million a gate that's disastrous. so no I don't think its dramatic. its a $10 to 15 million loss

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2020, 08:53:52 PM »

no I don't think it is. We are 6000 members down on last year. that's $1 million at least right there. Aligned is not open. Wantirna club closed. No gate receipts at $1 million a gate that's disastrous. so no I don't think its dramatic. its a $10 to 15 million loss

$10-$15 million loss?

Sorry that is wrong. Revenue less expense determines your profit or loss

You lose revenue you reduce costs

That is what the club is doing but you are suggesting while they have reduced revenue but haven't reduced their cost base

The club has revenue

Yes they have lost revenue but they have reduced costs

Aligned Leisure centres are closed so correct there is revenue but there are no costs.

Yes they have lost gate takings but they are also not forking out match day costs

And the club has never said it makes a million per game. Blockbusters made but every game?  No

Will they make a loss? possibly yes. But not $10-$15 million  >:(

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)