Author Topic: Changes for the Prelim?  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Prelim?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
Some things a bloke can just never live down....:shh

I love how we can win a huge final and old misery guts wants to change half the side.

:lol :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 07:40:19 AM »
Would drop Ellis and would bring in either McIntosh or Butler to play as the other wingman. Both have good endurance and both would be more competitive than Ellis. I realize that there are enormous risks in bringing in Butler and that he has faults but I still think he would be more competitive than Ellis.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »
Would drop Ellis and would bring in either McIntosh or Butler to play as the other wingman. Both have good endurance and both would be more competitive than Ellis. I realize that there are enormous risks in bringing in Butler and that he has faults but I still think he would be more competitive than Ellis.
Ellis plays like a scared little boy most of the time but in fairness he runs really hard and gets a lot of footy, Butler offers less than Bellis IMO.

I hope both are at other clubs next year and both are not seen in our seniors again this year.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
Ins for me Pickett, Ross, and Balta for Ellis, Short and one other possibly Baker.
Did you actually watch the game?????

I sure did Queensland  i have always liked.

Did you??? :whistle
Yes. I noticed your butter soft Grimes starring for a start.....  :whistle

grimes has been great for a fair while now, and i can say that because he improved especially weakness. pretty simple really.
You really do get all twisted when your favorites cop a bit of criticism dont ya.Chill relax they all have had weaknesses worth commenting on.

As i have always stated i stand by my comments on all players because at the time imo they were relevant.
Grimes was getting rag dolled and pushed around by much smaller opponents and i wasnt the only one who talked about it.I dont apologise for calling these efforts or him  soft because of it.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »

I love how we can win a huge final and old misery guts wants to change half the side.
Ah the chpper and changer of all chopper and changers hows Brandon Ellis going you fool lol.

Half the side thats gold just the three weakest links two of whom are the softest players in the entire comp. Even you as insipid as you post would give a harder contest i reckon.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2019, 09:57:22 AM »
Ins for me Pickett, Ross, and Balta for Ellis, Short and one other possibly Baker.

grimes has been great for a fair while now, and i can say that because he improved especially weakness. pretty simple really.
You really do get all twisted when your favorites cop a bit of criticism dont ya.Chill relax they all have had weaknesses worth commenting on.

As i have always stated i stand by my comments on all players because at the time imo they were relevant.
Grimes was getting rag dolled and pushed around by much smaller opponents and i wasnt the only one who talked about it.I dont apologise for calling these efforts or him  soft because of it.

I made that comment because you want to make changes that just aren’t justified. The side just beat another side by almost 10 goals on their own home deck interstate. Any rational poster would know that wholesale changes won’t happen. Most here agree with dropping Bellis. The others mentioned all played their role very well so they won’t be dropped. While the players you mentioned all are probably potentially better players than the ones you want replaced, they still haven’t learnt to be part of the team structure and system. The old adage of a champion team will always beat a team of champions comes to mind here. Of course, once those players learn to play their roles the team will improve again but you can’t start teaching this in a preliminary final.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 11:44:33 AM »
Was there another Grimes playing for us at some stage, I can't remember this other one being referred to in the past?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 11:52:53 AM »
Was there another Grimes playing for us at some stage, I can't remember this other one being referred to in the past?

Jack Grimes captained Melbourne had some injuries. Retired early on, never played at RFC

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »
He was supposed to be the good one lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
On Wednesday, the players in contention to play VFL – including Dan Butler, Kamdyn McIntosh and Marlion Pickett – did not train with the rest of the senior side, with their run-through pushed to the evening with the remainder of the VFL side.

Sydney Stack (ankle) completed handball drills on the sidelines, along with Alex Rance (ACL) and Nathan Broad (light training load).

Source: AFL website.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 06:56:34 PM »

Ah the chpper and changer of all chopper and changers hows Brandon Ellis going you fool lol.

Half the side thats gold just the three weakest links two of whom are the softest players in the entire comp. Even you as insipid as you post would give a harder contest i reckon.

What have I chopped and changed on?

I never, EVER said Grimes was soft. Been a fan since day one......... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »

I made that comment because you want to make changes that just aren’t justified. The side just beat another side by almost 10 goals on their own home deck interstate. Any rational poster would know that wholesale changes won’t happen. Most here agree with dropping Bellis. The others mentioned all played their role very well so they won’t be dropped. While the players you mentioned all are probably potentially better players than the ones you want replaced, they still haven’t learnt to be part of the team structure and system. The old adage of a champion team will always beat a team of champions comes to mind here. Of course, once those players learn to play their roles the team will improve again but you can’t start teaching this in a preliminary final.

What a load of tripe Ross played 7 games before injury and played damn well his bigger body is ideal for finals and he would know the sytems inside out. Balta has played 13 games and would give an undersized backline much needed size and height  as well as flexability he knows the systems inside out.

Pickett is the only player who has no experince in the ones but in 2017 we bought in blokes like Graham and Townsend to replace softies and they had little or no experince in the ones.
 Anyway what happens if we cop an injury or two, those are the players who are in contention and would likely come in.But wait they arent up to speed with how we play despite us replicating it in the two;s.

Your looking for any reason you can find to not make changes Ellis and short are total liabilities defensively and Balta coming in is a slight structural change for the better imo.

You play your best team to suit the opposition and you play blokes who will give 110% and wont flinchIts called horses for courses and actual improvement.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 10:16:05 AM »

What a load of tripe Ross played 7 games before injury and played damn well his bigger body is ideal for finals and he would know the sytems inside out. Balta has played 13 games and would give an undersized backline much needed size and height  as well as flexability he knows the systems inside out.

Pickett is the only player who has no experince in the ones but in 2017 we bought in blokes like Graham and Townsend to replace softies and they had little or no experince in the ones.
 Anyway what happens if we cop an injury or two, those are the players who are in contention and would likely come in.But wait they arent up to speed with how we play despite us replicating it in the two;s.

Your looking for any reason you can find to not make changes Ellis and short are total liabilities defensively and Balta coming in is a slight structural change for the better imo.

You play your best team to suit the opposition and you play blokes who will give 110% and wont flinchIts called horses for courses and actual improvement.
Rubbish.
I already said Bellis needs to go. The other players mentioned are highly unlikely to be dropped. You can rant and rave but if players play their role, despite their deficiencies, will not be dropped.  Your understanding of modern football is lacking. You post like it's still 1985. Ross or Pickett can come in for Ellis. No other changes are likely unless there are injuries. That's the reality.  Get into the real world of 2019.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
What is this guys obsession with tall players???

We have 3 defenders who are 190cm+ with vlastuin not far off. Of the teams left I don’t see anyone other than potentially the eagles giving us trouble with height although we did seem to cope well only 3 weeks ago.....

The only poor performance from the qualifying final that merits dropping would be ellis but you actually have to bring someone in who plays his position. Ross and Pickett are both inside mids, the only like for like swap I can see happening is McIntosh and he hasn’t really given the coaches a reason to bring him back since he’s been dropped.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »

Rubbish.
I already said Bellis needs to go. The other players mentioned are highly unlikely to be dropped. You can rant and rave but if players play their role, despite their deficiencies, will not be dropped.  Your understanding of modern football is lacking. You post like it's still 1985. Ross or Pickett can come in for Ellis. No other changes are likely unless there are injuries. That's the reality.  Get into the real world of 2019.
And here i was thinking i posted the CHANGES ID LIKE TO SEE, nowhere did i say i think it will happen.I know the coaches have their favorites right or wrong. One thing i do know is they dont get everything right,  and playing  Short Ellis  houli and Baker is a mistake that can cost us dearly imo of course.Only room for one imo and thats Houli.

Simply put i think we can significantly improve, be more rounded and flexible and significantly improve hardness and not lose a thing  just by making a few changes.

This is sheepsville or its becoming it. Everyone just spouting off what the club does as being 100% correct and dont dare have a different opinion.Does anyone think for themselves ?

Not rubbish at all many would prefer ross over Ellis and pickett over Short just look at the baggings these two have copped all yr.
No one can say that they arent defensively poor and soft that in itself is good reason for moving both on.As stated i think we have not replaced Rance this yr in any shape or form hence i think Balta should have been playing.

Now i know the club is unlikely to make changes wrongly imo but hey dont we all have our own opinions on things.

Three changes is nothing out of the box and the changes as i said would advantage us more than disadvantage us.I dont think its me who is lacking when it comes to modern footy. You just keep towing the club line eh and im sure you will be happy.