Author Topic: Changes for the Prelim?  (Read 8788 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Prelim?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2019, 08:51:57 PM »
I would be going with Nank and Soldo.

If we have to drop one of them I'd be going with Balta over Nank.

Soldo is a better ruck than Nank, period, and the main job of a ruck is to ruck - Nank may be better around the ground but that's not the priority. Especially if we play a GF vs Collingwood, Soldo would have to be a lock to negate Grundy. Nank is just too small.

Pickett for Ellis.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:43 AM »
McRae said Kamdyn McIntosh and Noah Balta would likely be discussed at the selection table and believes both are ready to go if needed.

Source: Herald-Sun

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
If it’s a dry deck we go in unchanged. At this point in time Soldo has earned ruck #1 position and the mobile back up is the one for the taking. I don’t think Chol or Balta  has done enough to displace Nank. It’s sucks because I think Chol was great in the tail end of the season and Balta is an excitement machine but I believe they’re too raw for a prelim

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
Got to go with Nank. He will be better for the run after the Brisbane game. If Hawkins play need  Nank's ability to cover the backs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2019, 11:20:03 PM »
Richmond ruck Ivan Soldo forced to play the waiting game

Daniel Cherny
The Age
16 September 2019

Ivan Soldo says he still doesn’t know whether he will play in the VFL or AFL this weekend.

The Richmond ruckman has played 12 games this season after an opportunity presented following an injury in round eight to Toby Nankervis.

Soldo was dropped ahead of round 21 when Nankervis returned to face Carlton, but the premiership big man pulled up sore following that game, again opening the door for Soldo.

Despite fellow talls Mabior Chol and Noah Balta playing plenty of AFL football this year, Soldo and Nankervis were chosen to team up for the qualifying final against the Brisbane Lions. Soldo had seven disposals and 25 hitouts while Nankervis had five disposals and 24 hitouts.

Chol impressed with nine disposals and two goals in Richmond’s VFL preliminary final win over Port Melbourne on Saturday.

Soldo said on Sunday that he remained uncertain about whether he would line up against Geelong in an AFL preliminary final on Friday night or be sent back to the VFL for the grand final.

“I’m not sure yet. We won’t really know until Wednesday, being a Friday game. You just never really know,” Soldo told The Age.

“That’s the life of a footy player. I’m just preparing to play either on Friday or Sunday.”

However Soldo said he felt like he had the support of senior coach Damien Hardwick.

“I think Dimma has faith in me, and the ruck duo, so it’s exciting because I think Toby’s a great player and I like playing beside him, and obviously AFL’s everyone’s dream and that’s where you want to be playing. Both teams are in a really good position so to be honest it doesn’t really matter where I play. I’m happy with team success at the moment.”

A promising junior basketballer, Soldo has played 20 AFL games since joining the Tigers as a Category B rookie in mid-2014.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-ruck-ivan-soldo-forced-to-play-the-waiting-game-20190915-p52rj6.html

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »
When was the last time someone won a VFL priemership medal and a AFL priemership medal in the same year?

😁

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2019, 10:14:07 AM »
When was the last time someone won a VFL priemership medal and a AFL priemership medal in the same year?

😁

was it cyril or has it never happened before?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »

😁
Stephen King at Geelong in 2007 was one from memory.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
Yep he's the one I remember too. That Mark Blake guy played almost every game that year and got dropped for the big one :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »
In the Mix - Preliminary Final

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
17 September 2019

RICHMOND

Get them in: Versatile runner Connor Menadue (27 disposals, three goals) was named the VFL team's best in its preliminary final win over Port Melbourne, playing at both ends. Marlion Pickett (16 and seven tackles) stood up when the game was on the line, while Callum Coleman-Jones finished with 24 hitouts and 17 touches.

Under the pump: It was a very well-rounded performance from the Tigers against Brisbane in the qualifying final. Nathan Broad had just two disposals but is important to Richmond's defensive structure.

Medical room:
Talented rookie Sydney Stack has been ruled out of this weekend's footy, having not yet recovered from surgery on a syndesmosis injury. Dan Rioli (rolled ankle) has been training well over the past week.

Verdict: A late-week injury aside, no change for the Tigers.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-17/in-the-mix-whos-pushing-for-selection-in-the-preliminary-finals

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2019, 05:10:11 PM »
Given it's now not going to be wet then no change.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
Ch 9 probably making more of it than it is but they said Nank trained with the main group while Soldo trained away with the rehab group.

The vision they showed was of Nank, Soldo and Balta working on their ruck craft with ruck coach Ivan Maric.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Dimma has said today there will be no changes to the team this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
Damien Hardwick has confirmed Richmond will go into Friday’s preliminary final with the same side that beat the Brisbane Lions a fortnight ago.

“It’d be hard to change [the side that beat Brisbane],” Hardwick said.

“We were pretty impressed with the way those guys played last week.

“At this stage we will go in unchanged. Obviously we have got to get through today’s session but those guys have earned the right with really good, hard, tough footy that we love.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-to-field-unchanged-line-up-in-preliminary-final-against-geelong-20190919-p52swi.html