Author Topic: We broke 'em  (Read 21898 times)

Broadsword

Re: We broke 'em
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2022, 10:03:15 PM »
The AFL's penchant for "brand management" above all else never ceases to amaze.

A shout out to Dangerfield too--lots of self-congratulatory little boys in the AFL who like to pretend they are doing important real-world work when they have status in name only. He's another one, coming out and covering his ass at present with the rest. Happy to strut around holding the position but gets defensive at the first suggestion he should take some responsibility.

Someone has to tell these wannabes: It's not enough to hold a position. You have to uphold it too.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2022, 11:07:25 PM »
The Adelaide Football club broke their own players.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2022, 11:13:58 PM »
What did everyone expect from a cheating club that should’ve been disbanded and removed from the AFL for trying to rig the system.

That goes for all the cheating clubs out there. Disgraceful.

This is why these cheating clubs can never be trusted. Blue Scum Cheats, Essendrug, Dees, West Coke all stinking cheats and should never be trusted again. I for one would not support them nor play for any of them.

The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2022, 09:21:05 AM »

Broadsword

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »
The funny thing is that Jacob Townsend was the hardest player on the ground that day (that tackle), but if he'd been an Adelaide player they would have tied him to a tree and had his teammates berate him for having a stammer to make him more "manly."

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2022, 03:26:04 PM »
There something somewhere about a doctors medical report that was deliberately hidden. Investigation should be opened and if found true the Adelaide should be stripped of its 1st round national draft pick.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2022, 03:43:12 AM »
‘We got it wrong’: Don Pyke apologises for Adelaide training camp

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/it-ended-careers-bryce-gibbs-reveals-regrets-around-adelaide-crows-controversial-camp-20220806-p5b7rc.html

Adelaide lawyer Greg Griffin has said at least seven players have approached him with the thought of taking a class action to seek damages for the effect the camp had on them and their careers, however he did not reveal the players expressing interest on being part of the claim.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Now they are all apologising?

Cowards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2022, 05:11:01 PM »
‘Knew something wasn’t right’: Tex says he did everything he could after controversial camp

Adelaide veteran Taylor Walker says it’s “upsetting” to hear the distress past players feel towards the infamous 2018 pre-season camp, but insists he did everything he could as captain at the time to address “fractures” within the group.

Reflecting on the fallout at West Lakes in 2018, Walker acknowledged it was a turbulent period at the club despite his best efforts.

“I can put my head on the pillow at night, and put my hand on my heart and say that I did everything I could,” he told Triple M.

“I knew something was not right post the camp, I knew blokes weren’t feeling that great about it, there were fractures within the group like some of the boys have said … and I was having one-on-one meetings, I was having some confidential meetings at my house to try and work out exactly the path to take, and I can honestly say that I did everything I could to try and fix it.”

Walker maintains that he still took a “positive experience” away from it, but admitted it was tough hearing his ex-teammate’s disturbing accounts.

“Yeah I sit here as captain at the time of the footy club, and those boys being past players … not great to be honest. It’s quite upsetting to hear that those guys are still feeling the effects of the camp,” Walker said.

“What I will say is that, the camp, a lot of people took different things out of it and I personally, I’ve said it, I took a positive experience out of it… but that does not take away from the feelings of hurt that those boys are going through at the moment.”

And Walker suggested the scrutiny hadn’t affected the vibe at the Crows, estimating “10-2o per cent” of people who attended the camp remained at the club.

“Our mantra is prioritising others and we’re certainly doing that to the best of our ability,” he said.

“As a footy club we still have to work through this, because sitting here you don’t like hearing that past players are feeling that way,” he said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/adelaide-crows/afl-news-2022-taylor-walker-speaks-on-adelaide-crows-preseason-camp-former-captain-fractures-in-playing-group-eddie-betts-josh-jenkins-bryce-gibbs/news-story/5f3ec2403db128d183947724c87bc096

Broadsword

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2022, 05:13:53 PM »
Spoken like a true Manchurian Candidate.

THE. CAMP. MADE. ME. A. BETTER. FATHER. AND. HUSBAND.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2022, 05:46:43 PM »
When you declare, with hand on heart, that you did everything possible to fix the problem ... that means it's somebody else's fault!      ::) 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Broadsword

« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2022, 04:43:18 PM »
Fogarty was probably too young (only arrived on the list end of 2017), but I reckon I wouldn't take any older Crows player who was on that camp in a trade, etc. You just never know, they could unconsciously kick a point to lose a grand final. Couldn't imagine them walking through the doors at Punt Road for the first time--it would be a little embarrassing I reckon.