Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52293 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2023, 01:11:54 PM »
Ordinary player anyway so not missing much.

Confirmation he's actually a good player. #themachineeffect :shh

The coaching staff, currently think the same :shh

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2023, 01:18:51 PM »
He's a talented goal kicker with a chance to shine again without Dimma coaching him

You love this narrative don’t you? If you really think Dimma was some talent squasher, recommend you listen to Rances interview on sen recently where he talks about the sacrifices that he, jack and especially cotch made who are far far farrrr more talented players than cumberland to focus on defensive acts and put the team first. They still seemed to shine alright I reckon.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2023, 01:52:51 PM »
It’s such a cop out to blame Dimma.

Cumbo is just out of from and down on confidence, which happens with young players.

He needs to string some good games together in the twos and he’ll be right.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2023, 03:39:30 PM »
Those rules didn't apply to Mansell.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2023, 03:40:57 PM »
Those rules didn't apply to Mansell.

:lol

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2023, 03:46:50 PM »
Alot of those rules didn't apply to certain players Hugo continues to play to.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:21:01 PM by georgies31 »

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2023, 03:49:20 PM »
A reversal, played Cumberland out of form

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2023, 04:48:34 PM »
He's a talented goal kicker with a chance to shine again without Dimma coaching him

You love this narrative don’t you? If you really think Dimma was some talent squasher, recommend you listen to Rances interview on sen recently where he talks about the sacrifices that he, jack and especially cotch made who are far far farrrr more talented players than cumberland to focus on defensive acts and put the team first. They still seemed to shine alright I reckon.

I don't love it, but I do believe it hurt his confidence at a time where we were playing poorly and Dimma was approaching the end of his limits.

Broadsword

« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2023, 05:00:52 PM »
They've ruined him for a while. For all his success, Dimma had sfa idea about how to promote a genuine small forward.

His favourites:

Jake King (dud)
Steve Morris (dud)
Jake Aarts (dud)
Rhyan Mansell (dud)

His misses:

Butler (traded)
Higgins (traded)
Stengle (premiership star at another club)
Sam Lloyd (traded)
D Rioli (moved to HB to save career)
M Rioli (reserves, can't kick)
Castagna (premature retirement)
Bolton (moved to midfield)

Cumberland?

We haven't let a quality small forward just be a quality small forward for years. Watch Cumberland light it up at Collingwood or somewhere else if we let another one slip through our grasp.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2023, 05:36:05 PM »
Lol did you just list someone who kicked 40+ goals and was an all Australian forward last year as a miss because he also happens to be a gun mid?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2023, 05:43:01 PM »
Guess he means a "miss" for us as he left after only playing two games because Hardwick kept overlooking him due to Hardwick not promoting genuine small forwards. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2023, 05:46:54 PM »

I don't love it, but I do believe it hurt his confidence at a time where we were playing poorly and Dimma was approaching the end of his limits.

You sure do love mentioning it at every opportunity like Dimma was some offensive talent squasher because he wanted his small forward to do the unthinkable tasks of running, chasing, and tackling.

People will think I don’t like Cumberland but it’s the opposite, I had him in my 22 before the season started and I’d be playing him next week if he wasn’t injured. But the carry on is way way over the top imo, you’d think we’ve got a prime dusty Martin rotting away in the vfl.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »
Guess he means a "miss" for us as he left after only playing two games because Hardwick kept overlooking him due to Hardwick not promoting genuine small forwards. :shh

I was referring to Bolton.

If we’re talking about Stengle, well a hell of a lot has played out between when we traded him to when he was AA…..like playing for a club in between, not being in their best 22 despite them being a bottom 4 side, a run in with the law, a delisting, a year in the state leagues (I think)…..

Besides I don’t remember anyone on here clamouring for him to play ahead of any of the forwards we had at the time. Hindsight indeed.

Broadsword

« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2023, 05:58:20 PM »
Hey, I'm just pointing out that the guy had a blind spot -- developing small forwards. He wasn't perfect after all -- just ask his wife.  :shh

Maybe one day we'll get to see an Eddie Betts or a Charlie Cameron running around for Richmond instead of a Rhyan Mansell.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2023, 06:04:31 PM »
Look.

Cumberland has been horrible at senior level this year since qtr time on Anzac Day eve.
Since qtr time against Melbourne, Cumberland has had 4 effective disposals in 3 and 3 qtrs of football and not kicked a goal.

By any definition - it doesn’t stack up.
His performance is on HIM.

STOP BLAMING THE COACH.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.