Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 53742 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2023, 06:13:32 PM »
George served up worse for 3/4 of a season last year before he was dropped. He wasn't even laying tackles. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2023, 06:42:13 PM »
Whilst it is up to Cumberland to get back on track, I don’t think he just decided to completely change his game style by himself  from  offence and defence to  complete defence with criticism from the coach , I’m not sure other players who have had a bad game were publicly criticised
We need his offence and it looks like they want him to be another George

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2023, 06:43:27 PM »
Hey, I'm just pointing out that the guy had a blind spot -- developing small forwards. He wasn't perfect after all -- just ask his wife.  :shh

Maybe one day we'll get to see an Eddie Betts or a Charlie Cameron running around for Richmond instead of a Rhyan Mansell.

Cumbersome can’t untie the footy boots of my man Mansell. Mansell may not have the flair of the show pony but he makes up with better work rate and toughness that Cumbersome doesn’t possess

The kid needs to pull his digit out of his arse and work harder to do the basics that the coaching staff are after they are crying out for him to be that player not only for the good of the team but for the good of his own career.

It’s a very simple thing. Do the work you get a game we actually need him too
The club that keeps giving.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2023, 06:48:39 PM »
Hey, I'm just pointing out that the guy had a blind spot -- developing small forwards. He wasn't perfect after all -- just ask his wife.  :shh

Maybe one day we'll get to see an Eddie Betts or a Charlie Cameron running around for Richmond instead of a Rhyan Mansell.

Cumbersome can’t untie the footy boots of my man Mansell. Mansell may not have the flair of the show pony but he makes up with better work rate and toughness that Cumbersome doesn’t possess

The kid needs to pull his digit out of his arse and work harder to do the basics that the coaching staff are after they are crying out for him to be that player not only for the good of the team but for the good of his own career.

It’s a very simple thing. Do the work you get a game we actually need him too

:clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2023, 07:42:39 PM »
Mansell's a c-grade plodder. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2023, 07:46:52 PM »
You don't have your best medium forward in the vfl that kicks you goals,  got flair and can win games pure stupidity problem is confidence is shot and Dimma made bs excuses can't have him and Dusty in same team etc. Like people said same rules haven't applied to other players.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2023, 07:51:24 PM »
Again, he would be playing in the seniors if he was the best medium forward. At this stage he is a VFL plodder :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2023, 08:21:42 PM »
Toxic thread full of wankers at the moment.

Haven't seen a kid cop this kind of bagging since Tambling.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2023, 08:28:56 PM »
 The plodders of this board. :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2023, 08:41:40 PM »
The plodders of this board. :shh :shh
Forum cloggers....   :shh :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2023, 08:51:55 PM »

Wow the hypocrisy of it all. Seems you’re allowed to criticise some players and not others. Can only see one poster resorting to name calling in this thread which I agree is uncalled for. But go have a look at the soldo thread or the graham thread or the mansell thread or even more bizarrely the Bolton thread from earlier in the season for much worse examples.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2023, 09:04:33 PM »
Again, he would be playing in the seniors if he was the best medium forward. At this stage he is a VFL plodder :shh

Did he take a dump in Jack Graham’s (your) locker?

You are the most positive person on this thread when it comes to plenty of players. This bloke cops the entirety of your negativity.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2023, 09:55:29 PM »
Outside of Samson Ryan can anyone name a junior player, lets cap it at 22 and under  who has not stagnated or gone backwards who has managed at least one senior game since they have been there.
Even the kids playing Vfl  with the injuries we have had none can even get a senior look.
Players who were talked up enough
Ross - stagnated.
Ralphsmith - gone backwards to the point where your asking will he make it.
Clarke - imo stagnated despite good signs in recent weeks.
Ryan - well as a ruckman he looks to have a decent future and has improved.
Young - being a first year player and outside the 22 and under bar. Just looks a plodder. Just thought id get as many newbies here as possible.
Miller -  23yr old but still not a regular so threw him in. stagnated at best.
Cumberland - gone backwards.
Sonsie - Gone backwards if we cant play him.
Gibcus - Stagnated thru injury obviously.
Dow - gone backwards
Nyuon - Has not managed a game this year . As a defender is he done. Vfl form seems to have improved.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2023, 10:46:24 PM »

Wow the hypocrisy of it all. Seems you’re allowed to criticise some players and not others. Can only see one poster resorting to name calling in this thread which I agree is uncalled for. But go have a look at the soldo thread or the graham thread or the mansell thread or even more bizarrely the Bolton thread from earlier in the season for much worse examples.
Cumberland cops it IMO because some posters have been critical of other posters favourites. Either that or Noah doesn’t stop for a chat with the hangers on at the VFL

His football is good, anyone with eyes can see that. With the bollocking he’s copping from a few I honestly wouldn’t mind if he left and kicked 7 against us next season.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2023, 10:52:56 PM »

Cumberland cops it IMO because some posters have been critical of other posters favourites. Either that or Noah doesn’t stop for a chat with the hangers on at the VFL

His football is good, anyone with eyes can see that. With the bollocking he’s copping from a few I honestly wouldn’t mind if he left and kicked 7 against us next season.

I agree that the criticism from some is over the top but I’d also say the defence he gets from some is also over the top. There’s something about this guy which is polarising a lot of the posters on here to take an extreme view on Cumbo either in the positive or the negative and to be honest I’m not sure which ones worse.