Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 79122 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2024, 02:18:04 PM »
lmao he gets 15 possies and lays half a dozen tackles but no goals and you'd be in here bitching about him not hitting the scoreboard enough.....like you have with MRJ for three years who you want delisted.... :shh

Haarrrgghhh its golden another love child who does not get the ball and the blinkers go on.
 My dislike of Rioli is more about his lack of polish, the fumbles the poor kicks . A  lack of goals and possesions does not help matters
when its consistent.

Tell us all what exactly  it is, outside of he has a bit of pace that he does well. This will be good.

A soon to be 22 year old smal,l you do realise smalls generally develop much quicker than mediums and talls.
A small who goes at just 7 disposals a game you do love players who dont touch the pill.  Hes managed just 25 goals in 35 games he is really smashing it in that regard lol.
For a so called great defensive player he lays just  over 2.5 tackles a game.

So exactly what is it you think he does so well currently we have a bloke who fumbles two much is not a great kick who doesnt kick goals doesnt get much ball and lays not too many tackles.

Sometimes you just cant ignore the stats they do back up what people see hes another of your favorites who has done little and fails to consistently play to the level. Sorry for the reality check but we are still waiting for a good consistent season.

Funny how your so keen to rip into other players who actually have a better performance record but refuse even be critical of your favorites obvious short comings.

Any way thats enough im outa here for awhile, i have better things to do than have debates with ten year olds in denial.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2024, 02:25:25 PM »
Haaaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhh.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2024, 03:03:57 PM »
Used to knock Maurice a bit but what he was bringing to the team this season was invaluable
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2024, 03:08:06 PM »
you do realise smalls generally develop much quicker than mediums and talls.

Ok cool

Just going to duck over to the Samson Ryan thread for your pearls of wisdom

Oh

Hang on

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2024, 03:41:02 PM »
:shh :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2024, 10:28:41 PM »
Haaaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhh.....

Would be a great reply if you managed to add something of substance tto it you ten year old.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: June 12, 2024, 11:21:00 PM »
you do realise smalls generally develop much quicker than mediums and talls.

Ok cool

Just going to duck over to the Samson Ryan thread for your pearls of wisdom

Oh

Hang on
FMD its hardy.
Ryan is 24 this yesr and has not shown improvement of any sort. I suppose i should wait until hes 28 before i even dare criticise.

How old is Marice again
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 07:25:39 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #562 on: June 16, 2024, 12:04:09 AM »
Don't think we see Noah in the seniors again.
Go Tigers!

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: June 16, 2024, 08:51:00 AM »
Don't think we see Noah in the seniors again.

He is not up to it unfortunately for him. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: June 16, 2024, 09:05:15 AM »
Kicked 3 last week, bad game this week and we never want to see him again? Play him until the end of the year then make the call. If Dow is getting games then cumbo should play too

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #565 on: June 16, 2024, 10:08:27 AM »
Kicked 3 last week, bad game this week and we never want to see him again? Play him until the end of the year then make the call. If Dow is getting games then cumbo should play too

I'll ask you this; at this point who would you rather see getting opportunities as the 3rd tall (mid to tall)?

Bauer, Gray or Cumberland?

As I posted in the match day thread Noah did himself No favours yesterday and unfortunately undid alot of the good work he had shown over the last month. Standong still admonishing himself for a mistake while his direct opponent waltzed away when a 2nd effort was needed actually highlighted the one of the biggest faults in his game to me at least.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: June 16, 2024, 10:27:40 AM »

I'll ask you this; at this point who would you rather see getting opportunities as the 3rd tall (mid to tall)?

Bauer, Gray or Cumberland?

As I posted in the match day thread Noah did himself No favours yesterday and unfortunately undid alot of the good work he had shown over the last month. Standong still admonishing himself for a mistake while his direct opponent waltzed away when a 2nd effort was needed actually highlighted the one of the biggest faults in his game to me at least.

I don’t disagree with you but the precedent has been set this year. Players will play poorly, make bad mistakes, let opponents waltz away and still get given games. Why should Cumberland be any different ? I’m by no means his biggest fan but he should be treated like others and that is to be played despite bad mistakes and poor games.

Also in the changes thread I suggest Bauer be played as a 3rd tall but at the expense of Sonsie instead because he’s played out of position, isn’t a natural forward and really has 0 impact. Of course Cumberland had 0 impact yesterday too but also kicked 3 goals the week before whereas Sonsie just can’t impact the game and isn’t given a fair chance in the midfield. Also with hopper coming back I just don’t see where Sonsie fits into this team unfortunately

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: June 16, 2024, 10:55:10 AM »
Shocking day for the whole team, midfield smashed, virtually no forward opportunities.

I'd drop blokes ahead of him and play him until the end of the year so we can decide on his future.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2024, 09:35:44 PM »
Gotta laugh similar game to last week except no goals this week.
More to playing than just kicking goals. Bloke has had just 14 touches in three weeks. He is not impacting anywhere near enough.apart from his three goals last week.

We have serious problems with all our small forwards. They are all glass half fulls. Even if your not touching the ball there are ways to contribute he got lucky last week and got a few goals with  little else he had zero tackles this week and has laid four in three games.

We unfortunately have small forwards who either lack polish and goal power but do a great job defending. Or we have them fumbling and poor kicks or they kick some goals but little else.

Been a big defender of this bloke but i think its time to make the call.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #569 on: June 17, 2024, 11:17:45 PM »
Gotta laugh similar game to last week except no goals this week.
More to playing than just kicking goals. Bloke has had just 14 touches in three weeks. He is not impacting anywhere near enough.apart from his three goals last week.

We have serious problems with all our small forwards. They are all glass half fulls. Even if your not touching the ball there are ways to contribute he got lucky last week and got a few goals with  little else he had zero tackles this week and has laid four in three games.

We unfortunately have small forwards who either lack polish and goal power but do a great job defending. Or we have them fumbling and poor kicks or they kick some goals but little else.

Been a big defender of this bloke but i think its time to make the call.
Hmmm know what you mean, no harm playing him as I am unsure whose spot he is taking. Pity we didn’t enable up ginnevan