Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo  (Read 96823 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2020, 02:03:41 AM »
North Melbourne looms as a potential suitor for Melbourne forward Tom McDonald, with the club exploring ways to replace Ben Brown in the trade period.

A stumbling block is likely to be McDonald’s salary, which the Herald Sun reported is as much as $700,000 per year for the next two seasons.

This significant amount means if he departs, the Demons would likely need to pay a portion of his wage until the end of 2022.

Carlton and Geelong both believe Jack Viney is up for grabs for the right price.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-trade-whispers-melbourne-tom-mcdonald-north-melbourne-jack-viney-geelong-carlton-orazio-fantasia/news-story/5802740ac19ea81c197c2436c4f0478e

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »
North Melbourne looms as a potential suitor for Melbourne forward Tom McDonald, with the club exploring ways to replace Ben Brown in the trade period.

A stumbling block is likely to be McDonald’s salary, which the Herald Sun reported is as much as $700,000 per year for the next two seasons.

This significant amount means if he departs, the Demons would likely need to pay a portion of his wage until the end of 2022.

Carlton and Geelong both believe Jack Viney is up for grabs for the right price.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-trade-whispers-melbourne-tom-mcdonald-north-melbourne-jack-viney-geelong-carlton-orazio-fantasia/news-story/5802740ac19ea81c197c2436c4f0478e

Why would you not play or trade B Brown then bring in Tom McDonald. 
I must say this is great to see other clubs haggling over players while we just go about winning cups.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2020, 01:33:13 PM »
Out-of-contract Essendon speedster Adam Saad has reportedly gained interest from at least four rival clubs.

The Herald Sun is reporting Saad has attracted interest from rival Victorian clubs Richmond and Carlton, while 7 News have suggested Melbourne and North Melbourne are keen on the 26-year-old.

Brad Crouch is set to join former teammate Patrick Dangerfield at Geelong, according to Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-2020-out-of-contract-free-agents-rumours-moves-brad-crouch-adam-saad/news-story/19613a096584611b3652109cb02de249

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »
Cameron and Crouch.... must be lots of property deals getting handed out.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2020, 03:37:42 AM »
Cats are well placed to land Higgins. A lot to play out but I think there is real momentum.

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7

No salary cap down at sleepy hollow?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2020, 10:47:09 AM »
Jack Graham torn about going to Carlton apparently according to Sam Edmunds on radio.  Can't see him leaving.
Why the hell would you go to Carlton, only GWS rejects go there.  Zach Williams is not a midfielder so will be a bust but a damn fine HBF

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
I am not sure I would trade for any player unless an absolute star like Kelly or Greene became available.
We have a good list with depth and players who need games in next few years.
I would trade out:
CCJ to Adelaide only for pick 8 otherwise keep. Might be another pick swap in there for them. 
Broad to Gold Coast for pick in the 20s or Peter Wright as a back up ruck
Pickett back to WA for something

Sign Nank & Graham.
Keep Stack for one more year. 

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2020, 11:11:51 AM »
I am not sure I would trade for any player unless an absolute star like Kelly or Greene became available.
I would trade out:
CCJ to Adelaide only for pick 8 otherwise keep. Might be another pick swap in there for them. 

Sign Nank & Graham.

To get any of the above mentioned in return is a pipe dream at best.
Both players are 3rd round picks at best.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »
I would trade out:

Sign Nank & Graham.

Broad aren't a third round pick dual premiership player your dreaming , maybe CCJ if he wants to go our first rd goes to them and  CCJ and we get pick 8.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »
I would trade out:

Sign Nank & Graham.

I tend to agree, don’t need trade really, we have traded away players at under’s in the last couple of years, Butler starts the list

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
If what Matt Rendell says about Matt Phillips being another Rowell is true I'd be trying to get one of Adelaide's first round picks - they currently have two  and they could potentially have a third after the Crouch trade to Geelong...Phillips is tipped to go at at around 9 and one of Adelaide's picks is currently 8 but if the cat's out of the bag about him being another Rowell he'll probably go even higher....only thing is we're also massively into Hollands who's tipped go top 3 so maybe we're planning something along those lines....:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
I think we as supporters undervalue our players.  Broad has played in 2 x premierships.  If we cannot get a second rounder for him then I don't know who would.
CCJ was pick 20, he's 20, he's had 2 years of development at the best club in the comp, and he's contracted.  He's also ready to go.  We need to drive the hardest possible bargain.
Yes, I am aware he is suspended for the first portion of the year but he's a 10 year player.  Personally I would keep him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »
Channel 7 reports the Bombers are in play to snare veteran Crows defender Daniel Talia.

“I think we all think Joe Daniher is on the move,” Edmund told SEN Mornings. “Is it Brisbane or is it Sydney? Depends on who you speak to, but the latest scuttlebutt has him touring the Brisbane Lions facilities very, very soon.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-rumours-big-hint-essendon-star-will-leave-as-bombers-target-gun-crow/news-story/26bdf22522bda84dbc6e7233512f6f1d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
Jack Graham torn about going to Carlton apparently according to Sam Edmunds on radio.  Can't see him leaving.
Why the hell would you go to Carlton, only GWS rejects go there.  Zach Williams is not a midfielder so will be a bust but a damn fine HBF

Richmond midfielder "legitimately torn" between staying or joining rival Victorian club

By SEN
23 September 2020

Richmond midfielder Jack Graham remains “legitimately torn” on whether to stay at Punt Road or take up an offer from Carlton, according to SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund.

The 22-year-old premiership player, who is out of contract at the end of 2020, has been heavily courted by the Blues after impressing in his four seasons at the club.

Carlton continues to target midfielders to provide support for co-captain Patrick Cripps and Edmund reported that Graham “likes what the Blues have sold” with their offer.

“I think Jack Graham at the moment is legitimately torn between staying at Richmond and joining the Blues," he said on SEN Mornings.

“He likes what the Blues have sold to him – and I’m not saying that he’s definitely going – but the choice he has to make is between Richmond and Carlton.

“He is a chance of leaving and there’s an offer on the table from the Tigers and there’s some toing and froing taking place there is my understanding.

“But it isn’t done.”

It’s set to be a busy trade period for Carlton, following the likely acquisition of free agent Zac Williams, while they also continue to show interest in Essendon rebounding defender Adam Saad.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/09/22/richmond-midfielder-legitimately-torn-between-staying-or-joining-rival/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2020, 03:15:29 PM »
And will clubs come knocking for Jack Higgins? The Richmond livewire has been in and out of the Tigers' line-up this season as the fleet of small forwards at the club was boosted by the inclusion of Jake Aarts. Higgins is contracted to Richmond until the end of next year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510272/the-small-forwards-in-big-demand-who-will-be-this-trade-period-s-dan-butler-