Author Topic: Changes for the QF?  (Read 7024 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the QF?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
Chol wasn't great tonight but dropping him for Lynch isn't a straight swap. Lynch would come in for Caddy. Bolton in for Ross. If we play Prestia, Pickett misses. Tough calls. Not sure we can go into a final with just Nank in the ruck.

Pickett not going to get dropped that wing position is his and is versatile to play other positions you can see his born for finals.Hard on Ross our midfield last 2 weeks look better with him in there.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
Pickett is overrated. Limited dusposal winner. How can getting the footy on a wing 8 times in a game be acceptable. People love the Pickett story but his output isnt up to AFL standard unfortunately. Deserves to be dropped based on performance.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »
Pickett is overrated. Limited dusposal winner. How can getting the footy on a wing 8 times in a game be acceptable. People love the Pickett story but his output isnt up to AFL standard unfortunately. Deserves to be dropped based on performance.
Had 7 tackles too.
Won’t be dropped Ramps.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 02:20:54 PM »
IN: Lynch, Prestia, Bolton

OUT: Chol, Ross, Caddy (inj)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 05:46:27 PM »
Argument could be put forward that Pickett deserves to be dropped for pee weak efforts alone, not even worrying about getting 2 touches per quarter.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 06:18:53 PM »
Had 7 tackles too.
Won’t be dropped Ramps.

Actually read in yesterday's HUN Pickett has laid the most tackles this season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »
Argument could be put forward that Pickett deserves to be dropped for pee weak efforts alone, not even worrying about getting 2 touches per quarter.

Not sure why you dislike him but he is actually playing his role very well and i can't recall any pee weak efforts. He looks reasonably strong at the man and footy in my eyes and runs very hard both ways. Playing in the best team in the comp, me thinks he can play :shh

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 07:46:36 PM »
Pickett or Aarts or even both may not go all the way.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 08:32:17 PM »
I would drop George before Aarts.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 10:21:41 PM »
Lynch & Bolton in
Chol & Caddy out
I'd give Prestia an extra week and not play him week one although if we win he then misses another week so it's a tough one. 
If Prestia comes in you'd think Ross goes out. 

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 10:33:44 PM »
Assuming all of lynch, Bolton and Prestia are fit, I think most would agree chol and Ross will make way for 2 of the spots. The last spot is the one where people seem to be the most divided but it’s got to come from one of these 7 players who have at one point or another lost their place in the side (other than castagna):

McIntosh
Pickett
Graham
Aarts
Rioli
Castagna
Caddy

Whoever goes out is going to be super unlucky. I would fairly confidently say the first 3 are safe and the last out will be one of the smalls or Caddy. If I had to guess I would say Caddy based on team balance.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2020, 09:55:53 AM »

Not sure why you dislike him but he is actually playing his role very well and i can't recall any pee weak efforts. He looks reasonably strong at the man and footy in my eyes and runs very hard both ways. Playing in the best team in the comp, me thinks he can play :shh

His only pee weak efforts this season is his interest in chasing his other efforts have been good.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2020, 10:21:14 AM »
McIntosh couldn’t be dropped , surely ????

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »

Don't dislike him, just think he's put in some ordinary efforts at times and think a little more consistency wouldn't go astray. I'd imagine his spot isn't totally secure. Someone has to make way for Prestia and the easy option is to drop the kid (Ross) but I reckon he's been good. Someone will be unlucky
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2020, 05:04:36 PM »
The Lions will be at full strength.

Harris Andrews set to make welcome return from hamstring injury in the club’s first final.

And in further good news for the Lions, key midfielder Jarrod Berry will be right to return from a shoulder injury against the Tigers.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/afl-brisbane-star-harris-andrews-set-to-make-welcome-return-from-hamstring-injury-in-the-clubs-first-final/news-story/6bd476990de6cc36d38b738b9752c2b1