Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton --- Round 1, March 18, 2021  (Read 13618 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton to again be the season opener --- March 18, 2021
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 12:00:28 AM »
So no tickets to the general public expected unless the member ones don’t sell out?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »
So no tickets to the general public expected unless the member ones don’t sell out?

Yes would think that will be the case

Clubs including ours have already said that due to the crowd restrictions when they are the home side there will be a ballot for entry, to everyone a chance to get in rather than certain m'ship categories only getting in

And logic says for away teams members will and should get the first access as well

We have 80k members right now, it it ends up being say 10k or 15k seats for home team members alot of people will unfortunately miss out.

As always the AFL will push it back on the clubs to sort out
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 07:25:11 AM »
Ballot is wrong on many levels. It should be who has been a member the longest.

Ballot is absolute garbage. No offence to our new members but I struggle to think it’s fair they get a ticket vrs a 40 year ticket holder

I’m sure others won’t agree.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 08:11:07 AM »
Looks like its going to be somewhat like the Grandfinal a little birdy says for round 1 at least. Platinum and premium members
Not guaranteed to get your actual seat but should be in close vicinity (A bay or 2 away, maybe)
The support the rusted on members have given the club they should be there to see the 2 flags raised (Cant wait)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:41:22 AM by cub »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »

Ballot is absolute garbage. No offence to our new members but I struggle to think it’s fair they get a ticket vrs a 40 year ticket holder

fair call Frankie

Reckon the Club is in a no win situation here

Doesn't matter what they do, people are not going to happy with the outcome

My personal view is that access for the visiting team should be less than the home team

Using the SEN scenario posted

I don't believe Carlton as the away team should have the same access to seats as the RFC does

Reckon it should only be around say 5k not 11k

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »
Richmond should get 22k if Carlton get 11k. Our home game we should get the advantage.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:38 AM »
Richmond should get 22k if Carlton get 11k. Our home game we should get the advantage.

Exactly what i am saying about an advantage Ramps

But....

MCC & AFL members have to get access too, although capped... though for AFL members I believe priority should go to AFL members with the RFC add on (interested to Frankie's thoughts here as he is an AFL member)

So if the plan is for say 22k Club members then the split should always favour the home team

Which is how I came up with 17k for Richmond members & 5k for the visiting team

though we have to accept if they home team is going to be given a greater allocation of seats then it will come back the other way when we are the away team

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »

Exactly what i am saying about an advantage Ramps

But....

MCC & AFL members have to get access too, although capped... though for AFL members I believe priority should go to AFL members with the RFC add on (interested to Frankie's thoughts here as he is an AFL member)

MCC also have Tiger supporter add ons so they should also get priority - (Gives me 2 chances lol)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
I would have:

RFC members 30k
Carl members 6k
MCC members 7k (priority Rich fans)
AFL members 7k (priority Rich fans)
Total crowd 50k.

30k per home game would allow all RFC members to attend at least one match by our 3rd home game. It would also allow for attendance at 3-4 home games across the season for each RFC member.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2021, 04:52:23 PM »

fair call Frankie

Reckon the Club is in a no win situation here

Doesn't matter what they do, people are not going to happy with the outcome

My personal view is that access for the visiting team should be less than the home team

Using the SEN scenario posted

I don't believe Carlton as the away team should have the same access to seats as the RFC does

Reckon it should only be around say 5k not 11k

Agreed. Not a fan but if there has to be one then it will have to do

Gale needs to stick up for us here because if it were the other way round i doubt the blues would be doing us any favours.

Also spoke to the club today and 60k crowd is the capacity after March 18. (50k now)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2021, 08:39:45 PM »
Wouldn’t exactly call it fair to go by length of memberships either. By that logic a lifetime member in their 50s would get priority over a lifelong member in their 20s just because they are the older of the 2.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2021, 09:47:32 PM »
Wouldn’t exactly call it fair to go by length of memberships either. By that logic a lifetime member in their 50s would get priority over a lifelong member in their 20s just because they are the older of the 2.

Correct, years of service is years of service. Its a moot point as its not happening.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2021, 10:30:34 AM »
Ballot clearly so they don't upset the new members, keep them paying.

The long-termers are always going to renew.

Same thing happens if you frequent a restaurant - they stop with the small things and attention.

I would prefer a longevity focused approach but it wouldn't make sense for business.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Carlton --- Round 1, March 18, 2021
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2021, 04:28:51 PM »
CARLTON will be without promising ruckman Tom De Koning throughout the early stages of the club's upcoming campaign, with the youngster suffering a low-level stress reaction to his back since returning to pre-season training.

His injury leaves the club short on ruck options ahead of a pivotal campaign for coach David Teague's side, with Pittonet the only other natural ruckman on the list.

Experienced 199cm forward Levi Casboult has also deputised in the position.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/545528/blues-lose-exciting-ruck-prospect-for-start-of-season

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
20k RFC members to attend Round 1 / Tigers & Blues to share gate (HeraldSun)
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2021, 06:58:58 PM »
Victorian clubs and venues fear only members will have access to most AFL games this year due to ongoing COVID restrictions

Unless the AFL is given the all-clear from the State Government, the Victorian general public could be locked out of most games this year. Here’s why.

Jon Ralph
HeraldSun
February 4, 2021 - 4:20PM

Victorian clubs and venues fear only members will be able to gain access to most AFL games this year unless grounds are able to raise capacity to 75 per cent early in the season.

The AFL is adamant it will be guided by health advice from the Victorian government over crowd capacities for major sport, which is currently at 50 per cent in Melbourne.

South Australia and New South Wales have this week increased crowd capacities to 75 per cent, but the first Victorian community transmission in a month puts local hopes on hold.

Carlton and Richmond will split the gate takings from a Round 1 season opener that would normally see them bring home $1 million in combined profit from that game alone.

But the difference between playing with only 50 per cent capacity and 75 per cent capacity is significant.

If only 50,000 fans are allowed for marquee games at the MCG, 23,000 of those tickets will go to MCC and AFL members, even when those groups are only being handed half their normal capacity.

Around 2000 corporates would also be allowed into areas that generate lucrative revenue for the competition.

That would leave around 20,000 club members, who have reserved seats, for the home team, with as few as 5000 away club members having the chance to purchase reserved seats.

It is increasingly likely all Melbourne venues will have to be fully ticketed for contact tracing purposes with general admission walk-up fans not possible in 2021.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will liaise with the state government in the weeks leading into the season and is expected to push for three-quarter capacity if the current community transmission can be restricted.

The AFL runs Marvel Stadium, and will hope the MCC’s direct experience with a COVID-positive patron at the Boxing Day Test gives the state government comfort it can allow 75 per cent of patrons.

During what amounted to a test case, it was discovered 10 days later that a COVID-positive person had visited a day of the Boxing Day test.

The MCC was able to get the list of 8000 people who had been in the area to Victorian health authorities within 10 minutes, with no further spread.

Increasing Melbourne venue capacities to 75 per cent would pose more of a risk for queues into arenas and around food and beverage outlets than in the stands, where gaps could still be put in place between groups of friends and family.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-remains-optimistic-the-season-will-kickoff-as-planned-on-march-18/news-story/77e1b301930a57a62afca42f1b14e2c2