Author Topic: Samson Ryan [merged]  (Read 71308 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Samson Ryan [merged]
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2024, 01:56:57 PM »
All I can say to half the comments in this thread:

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2024, 10:25:42 AM »
So now people who are only commenting on his performances  nothing more, and any one who is honest with themselves would at least acknowledge those performances have been mostly way below standard  are now impatient.

Gunna be interesting hearing what people say if he does not improve. Then peoples patience will rightly run out.

206cm is he a ruck or is he a key forward ?.  He is hardly a kid either he turns 24 this year and should be playing better and more consistently  than he is.

Either way not able to mark and do nothing when the ball is on the ground limits his ability to play.
Being slow and not actually showing a lot of agility and constantly being pushed around by smaller opponents Still.  If it was not a favorite by god they would be copping it from a few here.

The above is not a criticism it is a simple commentary on his performances. Would anyone argue he needs to significantly improve and that he should be more advanced developed  than what he is.

Koschitzke is the same age  a tall yes they take time but he cops it big time for not clunking marks, not being involved dadadadada yet those who rip into him are very quite on the exact same things with Ryan. I think there is a lot of double standards going on around here.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2024, 11:57:27 AM »

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2024, 12:39:36 PM »
Fair enough given we don’t have any other rucks ( don’t expect Naismith to hang around ) but geez I hope they aren’t paying him much. Has done basically SFA in his time. Would want him to really come on next year.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2024, 12:44:26 PM »
Overs imo. I’ve never been convinced personally, happy to be proven wrong of course but thought a 1 maybe max. 2 year contract would be offered given our ruck stocks aren’t large.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2024, 01:28:51 PM »
3?

Why?

I'd be going 1-2 but apparently Cats were sniffing around.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2024, 06:17:26 PM »
Cats are welcome to him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2024, 06:38:47 PM »
I really doubt that. They’ve already got a young prospective ruck. 1-2 was plenty.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2024, 08:36:59 PM »
Lol three years ah well its now or never with him.

Is not an outright key forward. Only as ruck he will make it imo.
 fmd people complain about the suggestion we play Balta Bauer and while lynch is shot Kossie.  tall dinosaurs rarely work as forwards even as rucks now days.

He needs to be locked away in an abbatoir kitchen with a set of weights.  Lets address what needs ddressing. How do we teach people to jump though.

In being so critical im still happy to give him another season but i would be targeting another young ruckman based on odds.

Our back ups behind the soon to be 30 year old nankervis is 31 yr old always injured Naismith, With a good run with injury this bloke more than likely would have been a very servicable AFL ruckman.
Ryan who has done sweet stuff all at the level and we are sitting back waiting and waiting praying. Then  two freakin basketballers who lets face it are a free role at experimenting. The odds again.
What sort of list management is that?

If we keep Ryan please lets not put all the eggs in one basket on someone who has struggled so much to even have an impact at the level.

Every one had better be sending messages to god praying that he can make the step. Because that seems to be the way we are going about this.

Sorry for the rant for me next year is 100% make or break. He had damn well better work on all the weaknesses that are on show so far.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2024, 08:24:21 PM »
Given we dropped a very promising kpd and moved our best tall forward to defense to fit him im surprised there are no comments on his game.

The silence says it all really.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2024, 08:43:53 PM »
Still no where near afl level.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2024, 10:11:14 PM »
He desperately needs to get at minimum 2nd efforts into his game.

Again today far too often there weren't any
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2024, 10:48:01 PM »
Needs a big summer in the gym and some speed training