Author Topic: Hardwick splits from wife  (Read 38668 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 10:03:00 PM »
I have been sent some shocking stuff about it.
Just give my best wishes to Dimmas family and Dimma and hope they can sort through it all.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 10:09:54 PM »
Thanks for following the rules  :thumbsup

Keep the rumours off the forum
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 06:47:08 AM »
And for those that can't or refuse

:banghead :banghead

Including those posts with cryptic intent

Keep it off the forum  :banghead :banghead

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 08:43:42 AM »
Isn't this meant to be a forum for discussion on all things RFC?  Whether you like it or not WP these rumor's are out there and hence not sure why they shouldn't discussed? Calling them out as BS if that's the case actually helps posters on here.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 10:04:56 AM »
Isn't this meant to be a forum for discussion on all things RFC?  Whether you like it or not WP these rumor's are out there and hence not sure why they shouldn't discussed? Calling them out as BS if that's the case actually helps posters on here.

With respect Knighter

this site has been going since 2004

The rules around posting unsubstantiated rumours on this forum have been in place since then

Our reasons for doing this have been explained time and time again.

It is for legal reasons and legal reason only.

Again as we have explained we have had to deal with threats of legal action against not only the site but ourselves personally. It is not a very pleasant experience I can tell you and not something I would wish on anyone.

as Mods we will not put this site at risk under any circumstances. People can laugh, mock and even ridicule us but we will not make an exception to this. We haven't in the past, we won't be today and we certainly won't in the future

We are very much aware people don't like the rule but our legal advice was and remains if it is a rumour that is yet to be proven then don't have it on this site

I am very much aware of what the rumours are and where they are appearing but until there is confirmation of their validity or better yet confirmation of that they have no substance then they stay off this forum

Not sure how much clearer, consistent or fairer we can be

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 10:47:17 AM »
Most rumours are complete BS anyway and I get tired of seeing them sprouting up as news. Particularly at this time of year when there is not much doing news wise.

If you want rumours, get yourself a Big Footy account and knock yourself out.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 10:55:59 AM »

With respect Knighter

this site has been going since 2004

The rules around posting unsubstantiated rumours on this forum have been in place since then

Our reasons for doing this have been explained time and time again.

It is for legal reasons and legal reason only.

Again as we have explained we have had to deal with threats of legal action against not only the site but ourselves personally. It is not a very pleasant experience I can tell you and not something I would wish on anyone.

as Mods we will not put this site at risk under any circumstances. People can laugh, mock and even ridicule us but we will not make an exception to this. We haven't in the past, we won't be today and we certainly won't in the future

We are very much aware people don't like the rule but our legal advice was and remains if it is a rumour that is yet to be proven then don't have it on this site

I am very much aware of what the rumours are and where they are appearing but until there is confirmation of their validity or better yet confirmation of that they have no substance then they stay off this forum

Not sure how much clearer, consistent or fairer we can be

Fair enough.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 03:09:55 PM »
There is a Herald Sun article about it now.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
Article title: "Hardwick's new love causes Tigerland tension"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 03:24:22 PM »
apart from being an absolute dick, hardwick has done nothing wrong.

Its a private matter. Only issue is the bad press that will come from this but we should be used to it by now.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick in new relationship with younger staffer (HeraldSun)
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 03:27:39 PM »
Damien Hardwick in new relationship with younger staffer

Three-time Premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s relationship with a younger club staffer has ruffled feathers within the Richmond Football Club.

Jackie Epstein
January 4, 2021 - 3:21PM
Herald Sun

Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s new relationship with a younger staff member is causing growing tensions within the club.

It’s understood senior figures have raised concern about the relationship after it was confirmed last month that Hardwick split from wife Danielle, with whom he shares three children.

Hardwick has been seen with his new partner, a member of the Tigers’ commercial sales team, on holiday in Queensland and around Melbourne recently.

It’s believed the relationship has rocked staff within the club and could affect the playing group.

Danielle Hardwick, who was often referred to affectionately as Mrs Hardwick, is a much loved figure around Tigerland.

She and their two daughters spent Christmas morning with the family of Tigers captain Trent Cotchin.

Cotchin’s wife Brooke posted a picture of the Hardwick girls with their children calling them “second fam”.

On the post Danielle commented: “What a special Christmas morning. Our hearts are full. Love you Cotchins.”

Sources say it also raised eyebrows when Hardwick’s new love interest quarantined via Darwin and then stayed on the Gold Coast in the lead up to the Grand Final.

Some senior members of the club are understood to have raised concerns that Hardwick’s relationship with the staff member has similarities to the AFL’s situation with executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss’s relationships with younger employees in 2017.

Both resigned acknowledging the relationships were inappropriate.

But other senior figures at the club have defended the Hardwick relationship saying that he’s never had direct authority over his partner.

The issue is even understood to have been raised among members of the board.

When contacted the club gave a statement to the Herald Sun:

“The Club is aware that coach Damien Hardwick is currently in a relationship with a member of the Club’s administration staff. The Club has no concerns with this under Club policy. Beyond this, it is a private matter and we ask that privacy be respected.”

Hardwick, the Tigers’ three time premiership coach, has been granted leave until February after an intense season.

“I’m going to take a bit of a longer break this year over summer,” Hardwick told 3AW in October.

“It’s been a pretty full on 3-4 years and we’ve done a hell of a lot of work and had a lot of success along the way but sometimes you need to step back.

“I’m very lucky that I’ve got some terrific assistants, and a couple of those guys will move on, but the coaching group and the people I have around me do a large amount of work and the reality is I sit at the top and manage those guys.”

Hardwick has won a premiership with the Tigers in 2017, 2019 and 2020 and has coached 252 games with the club.

It was a year of turmoil for many involved in the AFL, with Richmond facing some off-field issues in the hub, yet still achieving ultimate success.

Hardwick had often discussed his long-time partner Danielle and her influence. He credited her with the stunning selection of Marlion Pickett, who played his first game in the 2019 grand final.

“I must admit, she was pushing Marlion harder than anyone,’’ Hardwick said after the win.

“She goes, ‘You’ve just got to play him he’s too good’. She was in the VFL coaches box watching me and she kept smiling at me looking at him as he was playing.

“She’s been a terrific supporter of mine and behind every man is a great woman and I’m very fortunate.”

Hardwick also apologised to Sydney coach John Longmire in July last year for comments he said were out of line.

“(Mrs Hardwick) wasn’t overly happy with the press conference. She gave me a dressing down after it. That was a good result,’’ he said at the time.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/damien-hardwick-in-new-relationship-with-younger-staffer/news-story/5c0d3b190298441b9a2476af55da7a3b?fbclid=IwAR1jcU1PYcwpfXjhFwjqqqBjm518S17WalsEyyzjv34mZlkUGBf3lb6kTEc

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 03:29:46 PM »
Not so sure this is simply a "private issue". I don't think anything is when you are the head coach.

It could cause issues within the playing group, especially if many are close to Mrs Hardwick.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 03:31:25 PM »
Sensationalist journalism right there.

'rocked staff' and 'causing tensions' gee are we reaching here? Club would have put their foot down already if this was the case I suspect.

Only question left is did he cheat or were they already split unofficially?

Not the same as Lethlean and Simkiss or whatever. Those two were clearly having affairs with younger women under their line of management. Hardwick isn't even in management so that's a moot point.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 03:53:21 PM »
Not so sure this is simply a "private issue". I don't think anything is when you are the head coach.

It could cause issues within the playing group, especially if many are close to Mrs Hardwick.

garbage, its a private issue.

HUN are after a story in the summer period.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-had-to-check-policy-on-new-hardwick-relationship-20210104-p56rnm.html

Looks like maybe Peggy has insisted we have squared it off with code of conduct and it’s been cleared and so we play on...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.