Author Topic: Hardwick splits from wife  (Read 39175 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »
At the end of the day he has split with his wife and found a new partner. I trust the club to make the right decisions if there’s any foul play here.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2021, 04:25:38 PM »
From the Age

Tigers had to check 'policy' on new Hardwick relationship

By Jon Pierik
January 4, 2021 — 3.46pm

Damien Hardwick's new relationship with a younger Richmond staffer had to be approved by the club's human resources policy for him to remain as coach of the club.

Hardwick, 48, last month confirmed he had split from wife Danielle, with whom he has three children. He has begun a new relationship with a member of the Tigers' commercial sales team.

There had been growing speculation on Sunday night that the three-time premiership coach may be forced to step down but the Tigers denied this when questioned by The Age and Sydney Morning Herald.

However, on Monday, the Tigers released a statement confirming Hardwick and the woman had been transparent about the relationship.

"The club is aware that coach Damien Hardwick is currently in a relationship with a member of the club's administration staff. The club has no concerns with this under club policy," a statement read.

"Beyond this, it is a private matter and we ask that privacy be respected."

Hardwick and his new partner have been seen in Queensland and Melbourne in recent weeks.

Sources said she had joined him in the AFL hub at the back end of the season when the Tigers again celebrated the ultimate success.

One of the AFL's most respected figures, Hardwick has often made reference to his wife as "Mrs Hardwick" during press conferences, and she was a much-adored figure at Punt Road. She was credited with helping to have Marlion Pickett selected to make his senior debut in the 2019 grand final.

"I must admit, she was pushing Marlion harder than anyone. She goes: 'You've just got to play him, he's too good'. She was in the VFL coaches box watching me and she kept smiling at me looking at him as he was playing," Damien Hardwick said.

"She has been a terrific supporter of mine and behind every man is a great woman and I'm very fortunate."

The Tigers do no believe the split will impact on the playing group or the club as a whole.

Danielle Hardwick and her two daughters spent Christmas morning with Tigers captain Trent Cotchin and his family. Cotchin's wife, Brooke, posted a picture on Instagram of the Hardwick girls on Christmas Day, declaring them "second fam".

"What a special Christmas morning. Our hearts are full. Love you Cotchins," Danielle responded.

Hardwick is not due to return to the club until February.

The Tigers had a tumultuous 2020 season, with several players reluctant to head into hubs. It also emerged Hardwick had become overly negative about the restrictions introduced because of COVID-19 and was told to change his ways.

In the new book The Hard Way: The Story of Richmond's 13th premiership, club president Peggy O'Neal has revealed that her discussion with the coach led to both football manager Tim Livingstone and chief executive Brendon Gale addressing the issue with Hardwick.

"Damien, you could tell, was just irritated. He had something that worked, and this thing was messing it all up. It might have been a matter of him not believing everything he was told, or perhaps asking: 'Does it have to be this extreme?' or 'I'll believe it, but you’ve got to prove it to me'," O'Neal said.

"He just had to be more positive."

AFL executives Richard Simkiss and Simon Lethlean were forced to leave the sport's headquarters in 2017 because of their relationships with younger employees but the Tigers believe this relationship is different. Sources close to Gillon McLachlan said the league chief was aware of the situation.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-had-to-check-policy-on-new-hardwick-relationship-20210104-p56rnm.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »
And just a reminder

the other "rumours" that have been flying around social media are not to be posted, hope that's clear

Statement has been made; time to move on

garbage, its a private issue.

HUN are after a story in the summer period.

We've butted heads a few times recently Frank but I agree

It's a private issue

And further to that i just think Mrs Hardwick and the Hardwick children deserves some respect ... they are not public property

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2021, 04:44:55 PM »
At the end of the day he has split with his wife and found a new partner.

You got those two round the wrong way

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2021, 04:47:03 PM »
Same result  :cheers

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2021, 05:14:26 PM »
People here living in the real world or what ?.How many people seperate or get divorced and start a new relationship with a work colleague or a friend. What's the big deal Cothin invited his family for a gathering.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »
Daily Mail Australia has been told the Richmond coach began the taboo relationship with the club's own sales representative during the Tigers' time in the hub while still married to wife Danielle.

On Monday, the website was awash with comments about Hardwick's alleged affair with the younger staffer and supposed turmoil within the Tigers' camp, particularly with Tigers president Peggy O'Neil.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9109961/Richmond-Coach-Damien-Hardwicks-relationship-younger-staffer-allegedly-began-Queensland-hub.html

"Peggy O'Neil"  ::)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »
Coming back to training early according to some reports.  Tomorrow. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2021, 08:44:12 PM »
People here living in the real world or what ?.How many people seperate or get divorced and start a new relationship with a work colleague or a friend. What's the big deal Cothin invited his family for a gathering.
True. It is still sad though that Dimma and his wife's marriage has ended. Their kids especially will find it most difficult especially with the media making all this public and running sensationalist clickbait headlines  ::) on what is a private matter.

The media are also again trying to turn this into a story about the Club being in turmoil when it's not. It's what they tried to do all 2020 to us ::). If all of this was well known within the Club's inner sanctum and its hub in Qld as stated and the Club gave the new relationship the official tick of approval with Dimma and the staffer working in different departments of the Club, then it's hardly a club in turmoil. It mustn't have had much affect on the playing group and their respect towards Dimma as coach given they still went on to win another flag.

As you say georgie there's no big deal with Cotch and his family inviting Danielle and the kids for a gathering. They're not going to end decade long friendships because Dimma and Danielle have split. We are dealing with grown ups here. For heaven's sake, if Billy Brownless can attend his ex-wife and Garry Lyon's Christmas dinner then Cotch's family simply having having Dimma's former wife over for a gathering is hardly newsworthy :sleep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2021, 11:15:04 PM »
No winners here, a bit of a sad situation.  I wonder why they don’t target in on others including their own with the same degree of vigor.
There needs to be a media watchdog who sets rules on what’s news and what’s an invasion of privacy in this country in my opinion .

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2021, 06:43:03 AM »
I totally agree it is a private issue and should remain so. It is not newsworthy in the slightest degree. Their privacy should be respected.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2021, 08:00:12 AM »
Daily Mail Australia has been told the Richmond coach began the taboo relationship with the club's own sales representative during the Tigers' time in the hub while still married to wife Danielle.

On Monday, the website was awash with comments about Hardwick's alleged affair with the younger staffer and supposed turmoil within the Tigers' camp, particularly with Tigers president Peggy O'Neil.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9109961/Richmond-Coach-Damien-Hardwicks-relationship-younger-staffer-allegedly-began-Queensland-hub.html

Doesn't matter if they were still married.

My wife and I were engaged while she was still married to her ex.

Hopefully they were at least separated but at the end of the day you can't predict when and how you meet someone. Worst case he met the new lass, hit it off and called it a day with Mrs Hardwick - she'd be rightfully devo and the kids too but it is what it is...

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »

BS - the new flame wasn't in the hub until finals time

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Not my circus not my monkey's.  I am here for the footy, not days of our lives.  Next years season still looking good?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:19 AM »
its behind paywall but the name is there in the title

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-in-new-relationship-with-younger-staffer-ng-5c0d3b190298441b9a2476af55da7a3b

Damien Hardwick in new relationship with younger Richmond staffer Alexandra Crow