Author Topic: Hardwick splits from wife  (Read 40988 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Hardwick splits from wife
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2021, 02:36:20 PM »
Vows before god?
How do you know where he was married
Give me a spell on the religious rubbish in a football forum  .. jeebus will be just fine
my point wasn’t a religious one, maybe read the whole of the opinion I made again but this time read it slowly.  :rollin

Then why say "Vows before God" if there is supposed to be no religious inference in your opinion? 

You bought religion into it for reasons only you can explain / justify.

...and you effectively submitted to his religion when you started censoring certain words referencing a dead Jewish carpenter after he sooked it up over people "taking the lord's name in vain".... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2021, 03:15:52 PM »
Clearly you (Dio, Frankie, AT) are all potting me

Selective memory it seems regarding editing which is normal. Recollections as to why things get edited to suit a point or making assumptions on why edits get made

Strange how everyone thinks I am the only person who edits posts on this forum, I'm not just in case you didn't know  :lol

As for bringing up religion that's actually quite funny and so far off the mark.

But whatever 

I will leave it all here and the other Mod can deal with it how they see fit

Sorry Mr OE  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2021, 04:28:08 PM »
So the mods have now been accused of being too anti-religion and too pro-religion in the space of a week. Go figure!  :P

I'm an atheist but I doubt that one simple request which has been in place on the forum for a long time now impinges one iota on our ability to post whatever we want to express. If it did I would've and would oppose it. It's hardly submitting to a religion :huh3. There's plenty of other words in the English language to express exasperation and I've expressed a fair few four-letter ones watching Richmond this year  :scream.

Having said all that, the mods have repeated many times to keep politics and religion off the football board. Hardwick's marriage split and personal life has nothing to do with either. So stick to the topic or the infamous 'snip' will be used.

Now back to the topic, please!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2021, 04:50:14 PM »
Vows before god?
Give me a spell on the religious rubbish in a football forum  .. jeebus will be just fine
my point wasn’t a religious one, maybe read the whole of the opinion I made again but this time read it slowly.  :rollin

Then why say "Vows before God" if there is supposed to be no religious inference in your opinion? 

And then you throw in the comment "major deceptive betrayal" which is an assumption on your part as opposed to a known fact to suggest that somehow it is the reason for our season turning pear shape

Bottom line is no one on this site, in the media or anywhere else knows exactly what happened except for the parties involved.

Sure there has been a lot of speculation but none us of truly know happened and truth be known we don't need to

I reckon Gracie has summed it up very well indeed. Dimma's personal life has nothing to do with it. But I suppose it is a great out for some of our under performing players
I actually agree with all the points Gracie has made.

Why did I say “vows before God & family”?
To me this isn’t a question of religion or family because to me the vow he made was before God and family is as obvious as saying the rain falling from the sky is wet. So the mention of it wasn’t to make it about religion or family but to highlight the importance of the vows of marriage to society as a whole and the action of doing so is ultimately an agreement to the covenant made between one another. If not then why go through the motions in the first place?

The point I was actually making is obviously not as obvious to some people asking the question.

Let me be crystal clear;
I first premised the point by saying it’s never just one thing that brings success to a team but a myriad of many things combining together in a perfect way that brings ultimate success.

I made mention that Mrs Hardwick was the catalyst for the change (as Dimma has mentioned on numerous occasions) that helped him reevaluate his coaching style.

The point I made was that the one decision by Dimma to leave his wife for a younger woman might just be the catalyst for our current predicament. I’m not discounting the myriad of other things that have contributed to it and I generally agree that they have all contributed, but my point was the possible catalyst for the house of cards falling as they have.

In regards to the “assumption”, as you put it, I made about the “major deceptive betrayal”.
Well the assumption is based on the reaction of Mrs Hardwick and others involved at the club so it’s not so much a complete speculation but rather a deduction based on available observed evidence.
But my “assumption”, while based by at least some empirical evidence is much more that your assumption in the same sentence, quote; “Dimma's personal life has nothing to do with it”
And how does anyone know that to be true, even on a subconscious level? 

I don’t think we will know for sure unless we are told one way or another by every leader at the club.
All players are different and things effect players in different ways.

Some don’t want to be tied down to one person all their lives whilst others like to make a commitment to one person for the rest of their lives. I suppose it’s also on how much value you put on the institution of marriage, some players might hold it in very high esteem whilst others don’t think it’s a big deal and not even bother with it their entire lives.

But to say the problems this year “has nothing to do with it” is just an assumption on your part and an opinion.

Ps. I also made reference to Caroline Wilson being 100% correct about Hawthorn
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2021, 06:02:38 PM »
That's all speculation mate, not any hard truth to any of it.

Your sky god religion is on the nose too. :shh

It’s ok to disagree with the point I was trying to make but my intention was not a religious one as I pointed out already.

You are bringing up religion and being disrespectful to me for some reason.
I’m not sure why you would do this, did I do something to offend you AT?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »
Not at all mate. I prefer God bothering to be left out of football though
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #201 on: August 06, 2021, 08:39:10 PM »
Vows before god?
my point wasn’t a religious one, maybe read the whole of the opinion I made again but this time read it slowly.

And then you throw in the comment "major deceptive betrayal" which is an assumption on your part as opposed to a known fact to suggest that somehow it is the reason for our season turning pear shape

Bottom line is no one on this site, in the media or anywhere else knows exactly what happened except for the parties involved.

Sure there has been a lot of speculation but none us of truly know happened and truth be known we don't need to

I reckon Gracie has summed it up very well indeed. Dimma's personal life has nothing to do with it. But I suppose it is a great out for some of our under performing players
I actually agree with all the points Gracie has made.

Why did I say “vows before God & family”?
To me this isn’t a question of religion or family because to me the vow he made was before God and family is as obvious as saying the rain falling from the sky is wet. So the mention of it wasn’t to make it about religion or family but to highlight the importance of the vows of marriage to society as a whole and the action of doing so is ultimately an agreement to the covenant made between one another. If not then why go through the motions in the first place?

The point I was actually making is obviously not as obvious to some people asking the question.

Let me be crystal clear;
I first premised the point by saying it’s never just one thing that brings success to a team but a myriad of many things combining together in a perfect way that brings ultimate success.

I made mention that Mrs Hardwick was the catalyst for the change (as Dimma has mentioned on numerous occasions) that helped him reevaluate his coaching style.

The point I made was that the one decision by Dimma to leave his wife for a younger woman might just be the catalyst for our current predicament. I’m not discounting the myriad of other things that have contributed to it and I generally agree that they have all contributed, but my point was the possible catalyst for the house of cards falling as they have.

In regards to the “assumption”, as you put it, I made about the “major deceptive betrayal”.
Well the assumption is based on the reaction of Mrs Hardwick and others involved at the club so it’s not so much a complete speculation but rather a deduction based on available observed evidence.
But my “assumption”, while based by at least some empirical evidence is much more that your assumption in the same sentence, quote; “Dimma's personal life has nothing to do with it”
And how does anyone know that to be true, even on a subconscious level? 

I don’t think we will know for sure unless we are told one way or another by every leader at the club.
All players are different and things effect players in different ways.

Some don’t want to be tied down to one person all their lives whilst others like to make a commitment to one person for the rest of their lives. I suppose it’s also on how much value you put on the institution of marriage, some players might hold it in very high esteem whilst others don’t think it’s a big deal and not even bother with it their entire lives.

But to say the problems this year “has nothing to do with it” is just an assumption on your part and an opinion.

Ps. I also made reference to Caroline Wilson being 100% correct about Hawthorn

words

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2021, 10:09:45 PM »
?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2021, 10:20:12 PM »
?

Sorry I should have said...

... lots of words.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2021, 07:03:22 AM »
The split has had nothing to do with our season, Gracie gets it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »
?

... lots of words.
Sorry, I didn’t know I was one of your students. Luckily you didn’t get your red pen out.  :rollin

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2021, 10:57:38 AM »
?

... lots of words.
Sorry, I didn’t know I was one of your students. Luckily you didn’t get your red pen out.

Retired Maths/IT teacher not English.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2021, 05:48:29 PM »
The season is a mess due to three things
1. we have been up for 4 solid years. You cannot maintain that level indefinitely
2. the game has changed from turnovers being king to stoppage clearances being king. We were and still are a turnover team
3. Injuries have hit hard and the team has not had any consistency of a stable team to undertake a shift from being a turn over team

Any input from any of the problems in 2020 or Stack's issues over the new year or Rioli/Bolton's nightclub incident or Dimm'a personal life is nil nada zilch.

Great post.

Add the fact we've never been a skillful side and right now kicking efficiency is king. Pace too but Geelong are not quick but the best kicking team in comp. Regardless of being much older is why they are still top and we are not.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2021, 06:39:22 PM »
I think if anyone doubts that players aren’t human and that personal issue mightn’t have an effect on a players psyche should watch the Amazon documentary.

To think life circumstances don’t make a difference I think is naive. Even last year many teams and players didn’t cope well with the northern hub and the whole situation. Luckily our club found something and it all clicked.

Life effects people and people are effected mentally and emotionally. It’s life, it’s the vibe.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:14:20 PM by Tigeritis™©® »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2021, 03:06:21 PM »
Danielle Hardwick reveals ‘serious grief’ after split

The former wife of Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has opened up on their marriage breakdown and said she had to remain dignified during the time of “trauma”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/danielle-hardwick-reveals-serious-grief-after-marriage-breakdown-with-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick/news-story/a59cee4b59bb0963f0304647663038b5