Author Topic: Rhyan Mansell [merged]  (Read 42929 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Rhyan Mansell [merged]
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2023, 12:14:00 AM »
Foot soldiers aren't meant to lead the cavalry charge. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2023, 07:36:31 AM »
Yet some thought Cartagena was the issue with our forward line. Once he was removed all of our issues would be resolved  :lol :lol

Not the popular opinion but Mansell is a VFL player and that’s being generous. We need to find some others who are better as he isn’t the answer . Hugo is in the same
Boat.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2023, 09:04:14 AM »
Has no chance long term as a forward in my opinion, at least give him a shot as a tagger or defender. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2023, 11:34:38 AM »
Tagger is the only role I'd give him at AFL level if we had a reasonably fit list. The kind who you don't mind if they get suspended. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »
Tagger is the only role I'd give him at AFL level if we had a reasonably fit list. The kind who you don't mind if they get suspended. :shh

Tim Fleming mk2

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2023, 12:14:54 PM »
Granted it was Not his best game but I wouldn’t be dropping him for Cumbersome just yet

I think he got some attributes I like and as Dio has suggested might possibly make a decent tagger one day.

But I would persist with him in the forward role for the rest of the season and let him develop and I’ll back him in that he will make it.

#betterthancumberland

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »
Cumberland has taken dumps with more football ability.

Don’t make it Mansell v Cumberland. A good side can have multiple small forwards. They’re not vying for the same role
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2023, 01:38:59 PM »

:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Broadsword

« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2023, 01:43:13 PM »
I'm not going to dispute what you've seen with your own eyes.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »
Tom Morris told me  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2023, 01:49:11 PM »
Tom Morris told me  :shh
He's always right there with a scoop.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2023, 02:04:22 PM »
Never thought I'd miss the days when journos merely went through people's bins.... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2023, 05:42:42 PM »
Granted it was Not his best game but I wouldn’t be dropping him for Cumbersome just yet

I think he got some attributes I like and as Dio has suggested might possibly make a decent tagger one day.

But I would persist with him in the forward role for the rest of the season and let him develop and I’ll back him in that he will make it.

#betterthancumberland

So let me understand you instead of developing your skills in the 2's and getting promoted on ability Mansell should develop his game in the I's and stink it up for the rest of the

season because we need to develop him?????

If he is applying defensive pressure why is he averaging less than 3 tackles a match?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2023, 07:45:03 PM »

#betterthancumberland

So let me understand you instead of developing your skills in the 2's and getting promoted on ability Mansell should develop his game in the I's and stink it up for the rest of the

season because we need to develop him?????

If he is applying defensive pressure why is he averaging less than 3 tackles a match?
He pressure acts are normally very good in F50 but he was not up to standard vs Port.

In todays football you need forwards that can apply pressure on the opposition defenders but unfortunately we don’t have much better options that have the consistent work rate to do that for four quarters. Mansell & Bolton have been our best options at the moment and besides last Sunday both have been our most consistent in this area.
Would love to see more of Rioli and Cumberland but they need to apply the same amount of pressure that is required
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2023, 09:56:05 PM »
Without looking it up, I would be very very shocked if mansells pressure rating got anywhere near riolis.

Rioli wasn’t dropped because he wasn’t applying pressure or tackling, it was because he fumbled and/or turned the ball over almost every time he had the ball in hand.