Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Dogs?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Pappy

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for next week against the Dogs?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 09:40:27 AM »
RCD is just not ready. I actually think he’s another year away to be honest and that’s being kind. Some players are just late developers like Kane Lambert. He may even be another 2 pre- seasons away to get his body and game awareness right.
If you watch last nights press conference with Dimma, when he was asked directly if RCD would come into the side, the pause in his answer was loud and clear. RCD is not going to be exposed to a Bontempelli led midfield without the likes of Dion, Dusty & Kane to help shoulder the burden. You can’t expect an under performing young player to come up against the current best midfield group in the competition.
I really hope RCD makes it as a player, but he’s just not ready at this point in time. Time is still on his side. My understanding is that he was recruited as a big bodied contested midfielder, yet from what I have seen and observed of him is that he doesn’t cover the ground that well and his disposal is hit and miss. I just don’t get why people are wanting to throw him in the deep end, on the G, when it’s all hands on deck against the form team of the competition.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »
 :clapping :clapping :clapping

Well said Pappy.

Except I’ve lost all hope in him I hope I’m wrong though but I got the feeling he wasn’t the player they thought he was going to be.
The club that keeps giving.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 02:00:35 PM »
We are up against the best midfield in comp next week. Changes need to be made. McIntosh should be dropped for one.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 12:31:37 AM »
Bloody hell the StKilda game papered over the cracks indeed.

Looks like Martin, Lambert and possibly Grimes will be out injured. Just assuming for now Grimes will come up. Aarts and Rioli two witches hats that should not be getting games and Houli just is not needed any more. McIntosh is also lucky what a fumbling incompetent he is.

So Martin Lambert gone and still no Prestia someone we just have not replaced like for like. With that logic we need three genuine mids to come into the team.
Would throw Baker fwd in place of one of Aarts,  Rioli. Plain as day we need a second ruck Id say there is only two options one of CC-J or Chol.

Would like to see the following

B/  Grimes 193/93 - Astbury 195/95 - Mansell 180/82.  Back line stays almost the same and stable with only past it Houli out.
HB/ Short 178/76 - Balta 194/100 - Broad 191/91

C/ McIntosh 192/92 - Cotchin 185/85 - Ralphsmith188/??? Only change here is Hugo in and Ross starting for injured players.
R/ Nankervis 199/102 - Ross 187/85 - Bolton 175/77

HF/ Edwards 182/82 - Lynch  199/99 - Baker 173/75. Sheesh two witches hats gone Aarts Rioli,  i like the look of the set up here.
F/  Castagna 181/82 - Riewoldt 193/93 - RC-D 193/89

Int/ Graham 181/83  - Martyn 186/82 - Pickett 184/84 - CC-J 200/105. A second ruck is the only change here. a needed one imo.

5 changes
 in - CC-J, RC-D, Ross, Martyn, Ralphsmith.
out - Aarts omitted, Rioli omitted, Houli omitted Martin inj, Lambert inj and McIntosh very lucky.

Me id go Ross for Prestia. , RC-D to get a game for Martin spending 60% game time fwd,   only way we will find out what he can do at the level is play him. Also a good size and Height to play forward. Martyn for Lambert a mid for a mid.
Ralphsmith for Aarts and play him on a wing but he could go forward or back if needed.CCJ second ruck with time fwd instead of  the extra small defender in Houli.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 01:26:25 AM »
You really don’t need to always quote the players heights and weights to prove your point.

Don’t mind your changes other than Houli out. He’s still better than mansell even if one is starting his career and the other is finishing it.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 06:24:17 AM »
You bang on about us needed contested ball winners and start Graham on the bench. Yeah good one

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 07:39:05 AM »
Why does RCD need the be getting 30 touches a week in the VFL to get a debut? Is it possible he needs a taste of AFL to speed up his development?

I see that 200cm bloke for Adelaide just jagged 5 goals on debut at 18yo so it's not like RCD is too tall & skinny surely.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 10:48:03 AM »
We are stuffed.

No Martin, Prestia, Lambert, Vlaustin
Cotch and Houli need retiring; and
Balta, Cantstandya, Rioli, Aarts, Broad and Lynch all barely playing at VFL standard

It won’t matter who comes in.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »
We are stuffed.

No Martin, Prestia, Lambert, Vlaustin
Cotch and Houli need retiring; and
Balta, Cantstandya, Rioli, Aarts, Broad and Lynch all barely playing at VFL standard

It won’t matter who comes in.
A regular ray of sunshine... I agree with you on everything prior to your first full stop.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
You bang on about us needed contested ball winners and start Graham on the bench. Yeah good one

Graham is not getting a whole heap of contested ball for an inside player probaby below average.
What is it about starting on the bench anyway? most mids spend a similar amount of time on the ground we have best 22"s not best 18's
It doesnt matter who starts the game.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 11:55:36 AM »
Why does RCD need the be getting 30 touches a week in the VFL to get a debut? Is it possible he needs a taste of AFL to speed up his development?

I see that 200cm bloke for Adelaide just jagged 5 goals on debut at 18yo so it's not like RCD is too tall & skinny surely.
Understand what your saying but I think a big key position players don’t get smaller at AFL level.
A midfielders job is getting the footy as primary extractors. No use having a big bodied mid if he can’t get the pill himself unless of coarse he’s trying to stop Dusty and used a tagger.
We constantly hear about how deficient the vfl standard is in comparison to the AFL level. If that’s the case then I reckon if a player is finding it difficult to find the footy at vfl level then I’d reckon he’d really struggle at AFL level.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 12:20:33 PM »

Understand what your saying but I think a big key position players don’t get smaller at AFL level.
A midfielders job is getting the footy as primary extractors. No use having a big bodied mid if he can’t get the pill himself unless of coarse he’s trying to stop Dusty and used a tagger.
We constantly hear about how deficient the vfl standard is in comparison to the AFL level. If that’s the case then I reckon if a player is finding it difficult to find the footy at vfl level then I’d reckon he’d really struggle at AFL level.

Agree about VFL < AFL.

Serious concern for me this kid. Two years in the system (2020 sucked, I get that) and he's not getting much done on the park at VFL level. But then a guy like Ross is a borderline regular. How does that work? Martyn gets a debut too.

No Prestia, Martin, Lambert. Time to see what this kid is made of. WB have one of the best midfields in the comp and I don't think there's much we can do to fill the void at this point.

Cotchin, Edwards, Graham, Bolton. Then who else rotates? Pickett? Ross?

Get the lube for next week. We're gonna need it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »
I wouldn’t panic just yet. We were beaten fair and square by a better side on a roll.
I think we need a second ruck/forward.
We are getting killed being outmarked down the line from a R50 kicks to the wings.
Also, a think a 6ft ruck is so 2018.
We need 2 rucks and a think some fresh young energy would be a goof thing - perhaps an MRJ or a RCD would inject some youth and energy into our side this weekend.
2-3 changes maximum for me - assuming only Dusty and Lambo are out.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 07:40:56 PM »
Team Tips: RICHMOND

A losing record looms large with the Tigers set to lose two, and possibly three, stars to injury for Friday night‘s clash with the Bulldogs. Dustin Martin (concussion) and Kane Lambert (calf) are confirmed outs, with Lambert to miss several weeks, while Dylan Grimes (ankle) had scans and is currently a test for Round 7. Nick Vlastuin (knee) remains a week away while Dion Prestia suffered a calf injury while recovering from an existing hamstring complaint, setting him back several weeks. In terms of replacements, Round 6 sub Jack Ross will be heavily considered, along with emerging youngsters Maurice Rioli and Riley Collier-Dawkins. Sydney Stack played well at VFL level on the weekend and has served his suspension dating back to last year, likewise Callum Coleman-Jones who is banging down the door for an AFL return. Mabior Chol also impressed in the loss to Casey; it’s just a matter of how tall the Tigers want to be against a speedy Bulldogs outfit.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-afl-teams-round-7-team-tips-predictions-ins-and-outs-afl-team-news-tips-whispers/news-story/80b36efd234cda04692fc91e58c83318