Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 50401 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
All good.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2021, 01:03:08 PM »
Said it before we need at minimum 2 new assistant's and club needs to spend the $$$ other club are don't want to hear this cap bs.

I don't want to get into another debate about why we are probably not paying over the cap this season but the link below highlights what I've been saying. It is from Peggy and Benny.... explains the financial pressure the  is under even before crowds got shut out. Read column 1 in particular

https://am.ticketmaster.com/richmond/fightingtigerfund2021-2022#/

Just because the Club has cash reserves doesn't mean it is making the level of revenues in 2021 that it did in 2020. My gut feel is the Club will make a loss this year... a one off loss is OK, not great but OK but they are unsustainable especially when you are about to commence a further redevelopment of Punt Road

Agree mate with that 99% of clubs will be at a loss world wide.Either we're paying our current crop to much $$ or it's that.All clubs are investing in there coaches through there finding the $$ why can't we.Membership and sponsors the same crowds is a big issue.We fail to spend we will fall behind simple as that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »
We are only talking about 300k here so if the development has to be held back 3 months so be it.

Are we in the business of building edifices or trying to win premierships?

My final comment on this

We are talking about alot more than $300k here

We lose $2 million this year, which is highly possibly then what? We just keep spending money we don't have,  that we are not making?

The redevelopment of the Punt Road is super important. It will allow us to have the best facilities, the best development program etc.

Yes it is a balancing act but it is bloody tough one.

Each to their own on this opinion wise but please those who think we should be over spending on the cap, paying the tax don't complain or sook if the Club reports a loss. Don't throw your hands up in the air and say "how did this happen, we are a powerful Club we are rich this shouldn't happen". You cannot have it both ways
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
I don’t think we should be overspending but it is clear we need investment in our coaching department more, whether that’s by reallocating funds or otherwise.

We’ve lost Rutten, caracella, McRae and leppa over the past few seasons and I can’t remember how many we’ve replaced (maybe 1 or 2) and I’m not counting the internal promotions/taking on of multiple roles. IMO the coaching lineup is atleast 1-2 experienced appointments short as it stands.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2021, 05:21:36 PM »
We are only talking about 300k here so if the development has to be held back 3 months so be it.

Are we in the business of building edifices or trying to win premierships?

My final comment on this

We are talking about alot more than $300k here

We lose $2 million this year, which is highly possibly then what? We just keep spending money we don't have,  that we are not making?

The redevelopment of the Punt Road is super important. It will allow us to have the best facilities, the best development program etc.

Yes it is a balancing act but it is bloody tough one.

Each to their own on this opinion wise but please those who think we should be over spending on the cap, paying the tax don't complain or sook if the Club reports a loss. Don't throw your hands up in the air and say "how did this happen, we are a powerful Club we are rich this shouldn't happen". You cannot have it both ways

Cmon stop talking sense.
We’ve worked hard to get into a strong position, the last 2 years have hurt the bottom line big time.
Luckily we had cash reserves, which have been eaten into quite substantially.
Spend what we can on the cap, but be smart about it…you don’t go throwing around.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »
Adam Kingsley to be one of those interviewed next week for the Carlton gig according to Tom Browne.

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/status/1437701971054510082

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2021, 07:13:07 PM »
“ Davies said the clock was ticking for Michael Voss to make a decision on his future with the Power's senior assistant vying for the vacant Carlton head coach role.“

https://www.afl.com.au/news/677185/port-confirms-extreme-interest-in-swan-in-wake-of-prelim-abomination-

Voss might be available?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2021, 02:13:46 PM »
Adam Kingsley now in Carlton's top 2 choices for their senior coaching gig.

Carlton’s search for a new senior coach is reportedly down to just two candidates after the selection panel’s latest series of interviews this week.

A report from 7 News details that Carlton’s new football director Greg Williams is set on either Michael Voss or Adam Kingsley for the vacant position.

Kingsley was Collingwood’s second choice for its recently filled position, with Craig McRae given the nod to be the club’s new senior coach after an interview process that included Voss.

The 46-year-old remains a highly-rated assistant coach at Richmond, with coach Damien Hardwick personally vouching for his credentials as a senior coach if given the opportunity.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-carlton-next-coach-candidates-michael-voss-or-adam-kingsley-coaching-selection-panel-brian-cook-ceo/news-story/9255a9919011640ad110d9228120127d

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »
Hope he gets it. Theyll sack him in 3 years tops.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »
Geez we lose Kingsley and out coaching ranks are as depleted as it gets.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
Yeah would really hate to lose the bloke responsible for our midfield and stoppages this year..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2021, 07:11:40 PM »
I'd prefer Kingsley to go, full clean out, new personal to share insight from other clubs and refresh some ideas. Worked for 2017.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2021, 07:12:17 PM »
Would love to look at Buckley and Teague.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2021, 03:57:47 AM »
Yeah would really hate to lose the bloke responsible for our midfield and stoppages this year..... :shh

Same guy that was in our premiership coaching team in 19 & 20 or does 1 crap year undo all of that? Why stop there let’s boot out everybody.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2021, 01:18:41 PM »
Gee would they've been the same years we also had Leppa & Carracella and that was still the weakest area of our game?  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.