Author Topic: List Decisions 2022  (Read 16040 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List Decisions 2022
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
Naish officially delisted.
So we're down 3
Houli
Astbury and
Naish

We have 6 picks so really only three more to go.  I bet they are asking older players if they are going around again before they drop anyone else.

Garthwaite makes it 4 but we only have 3 open spots. Parker came on as Soldo was moved off the list. Soldo now comes back into the player count. If we want to keep Parker we need to cut someone else.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2021, 01:49:40 PM »
Id cut parker and pickett.

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2021, 03:24:39 PM »
parker expected to re-sign, according to this

https://www.afl.com.au/news/670602/the-arch-rival-circling-tigers-tall-st-kilda-swingman-testing-waters

what is going on with caddy ... and why did we re-sign castagna?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2021, 04:33:45 PM »
The strategy must be to have enough players to delist next year as well...though that wouldn't explain Cantkickit getting another two.... :help
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
The son of popular 161-game forward Chris Naish was delisted alongside Derek Eggmolesse Smith, who won the last spot on the list.

Sydney Stack and Daniel Rioli will soon sign new deals while rivals believe Callum Coleman-Jones is more likely to stay despite outside interest including Gold Coast.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-news-2021-follow-the-latest-player-movement-information-about-your-club/news-story/4a783b98d849c451c2c906bd03178c63
So does that mean both Naish and Des have been delisted.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2021, 05:41:35 PM »
Reckon the obvious should have been something like this. With re signings it cant happen but imo it is something we should be aiming at. No room for sentimentality we need to improve, evolve and look seriously at list improvement and where the least cover is.

Retire - Houli, Astbury

RF/A - Chol.  Dont need with CC-J and Ryan on the list as potential ruck/fwds.

Trade - J Short. Again not one of my favorites.  with Stack, Mansell, Rioli all small defenders along with Vlastuin a medium its an area we can afford to offload a player. If the right offer came i would do this in a heart beat.

Retire - Houli, Astbury. Not sure these two will be the only vets that hang up the boots this year either.

Delistings - The so obvious ones should come from Naish, DE-S, Castagna, Aarts, Garthwaite, Caddy, McIntosh Parker. This we know won't happen  as a few have been re signed Parker McIntosh Castagna. This group contains possibly our most outside and least skilled players and all of them have been around the afl system long enough to make a call on.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
Let’s assume we delist/retire/trade those 14 players you’ve suggested. How would you propose we replace them?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2021, 07:36:48 PM »
Let’s assume we delist/retire/trade those 14 players you’ve suggested. How would you propose we replace them?

Gotta admit i have not given it much thought. Just commenting on who i think the weakest links are. I havent even looked at who is contracted until a few minutes ago.

Having just  looked at the contracts board a few minutes ago it  is impossible to do too much without trading out contracted players.
It actually leads me to think that we will do some  sort of deal to trade up into the draft with mid range picks. Someone mentioned WB first rounder for three picks in the 40's.

So instead of you trying to set me up with a dumb 14 in one go question heres what i think will  happen with contracted players in mind.

Out of contract rookie list
Stack, Mansell, Miller, Parker, Colina, Des. It seems from club comments the first 4 the club definately want to keep and i would say they would not be giving up on Collina after one year either.

We will probably have to do enough to promote Stack and possibly  Mansell from the rookie list and we will attempt to trade into some better picks like the WB scenario.

Out of contract list proper.

Houli , Astbury  Naish. These three are already gone it leaves Chol , Garthwaite , Cumberland , Riewoldt, CC-J,
D Rioli, Nyuon.

We lose Houli ret, Astbury ret  Naish del, Chol r/fa, Garthwaite del and possibly Cumberland. With rookie promotions we will probably only use the four nd picks

Looking at this id say we need to let Chol go and if we really want to participate heavily in this draft then we need to trade a few out and possibly retire someone like JR.
They Have already stated they want to give JR another season, they want to keep CC-J and D Rioli. There isnt really a whole lot of room to move.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2021, 08:08:43 PM »
Naish officially delisted.
So we're down 3
Houli
Astbury and
Naish

We have 6 picks so really only three more to go.  I bet they are asking older players if they are going around again before they drop anyone else.

Garthwaite makes it 4 but we only have 3 open spots. Parker came on as Soldo was moved off the list. Soldo now comes back into the player count. If we want to keep Parker we need to cut someone else.
Isn't Parker an actual rookie who went onto the list proper when we made Soldo a lti. Now that Soldo is back and the season is over Parker automatically goes back to the rookie list.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »
parker expected to re-sign, according to this

https://www.afl.com.au/news/670602/the-arch-rival-circling-tigers-tall-st-kilda-swingman-testing-waters

what is going on with caddy ... and why did we re-sign castagna?
Great questions.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
Looking at the list holes and retirements delistings this is what i would like to see.

Houli - replace with  185cm plus hard running medium hbf. REASON  we only have One medium sized defender on the list in Vlastuin.We replace a smallish defender with a needed bigger medium

Chol - replace with Genuine PURE KPF. Reason we only have TL and JR on the list who are Genuine pure KPF.

Astbury - replace with Mature kpd. Reason we only have one big PROVEN  kpd left on the list in Balta and hes still a kid. While hoping for the best that Miller and Nyuon can make it i have the worst case scenario in mind that  they dont.  Also we have to ask about cover for injury in the short term.

Garthwaite - Replace with genuine sized quality young KPD. Reason we dont have a quality pick in this area. Miller and Nyuon were both taken very late and you have to ask about the odds of them making it and what quality they will be if they do make it.

Naish - replace with medium 185cm plus skilled hard running mid with good delivery. Reason We only  have one  tallish or rangy running mid with good skills in Hugo. here   im looking to replace McIntosh or upgrade on him.

Castagna - Replace with Big contested ball winning mid. Reason we dont need more small fwds especially ones who cannot kick.
Aarts - Replace with a clearance mid. Reason see Castagna if we want another pure small fwd then lets get one who offers a more rounded game than these two. Lets be honest here we do need to improve our contested inside ball and clearances. especially whith the few  good ones we have getting old.

DE-S - Replace with a tall fwd/utility. Reason we dont need another small hbf on the list we have enough and it gives us an opportunity to put maybe a tallish fwd on the list which we have few of.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2021, 12:08:40 AM »
Looking at the list holes and retirements delistings this is what i would like to see.

Houli - replace with  185cm plus hard running medium hbf. REASON  we only have One medium sized defender on the list in Vlastuin.We replace a smallish defender with a needed bigger medium

Chol - replace with Genuine PURE KPF. Reason we only have TL and JR on the list who are Genuine pure KPF.

Astbury - replace with Mature kpd. Reason we only have one big PROVEN  kpd left on the list in Balta and hes still a kid. While hoping for the best that Miller and Nyuon can make it i have the worst case scenario in mind that  they dont.  Also we have to ask about cover for injury in the short term.

Garthwaite - Replace with genuine sized quality young KPD. Reason we dont have a quality pick in this area. Miller and Nyuon were both taken very late and you have to ask about the odds of them making it and what quality they will be if they do make it.

Naish - replace with medium 185cm plus skilled hard running mid with good delivery. Reason We only  have one  tallish or rangy running mid with good skills in Hugo. here   im looking to replace McIntosh or upgrade on him.

Castagna - Replace with Big contested ball winning mid. Reason we dont need more small fwds especially ones who cannot kick.
Aarts - Replace with a clearance mid. Reason see Castagna if we want another pure small fwd then lets get one who offers a more rounded game than these two. Lets be honest here we do need to improve our contested inside ball and clearances. especially whith the few  good ones we have getting old.

DE-S - Replace with a tall fwd/utility. Reason we dont need another small hbf on the list we have enough and it gives us an opportunity to put maybe a tallish fwd on the list which we have few of.
What?  Just send that wish list to Santa & see if the magical elves can knock together a few champion players for you!
Most of the draft pool are raw kids so why not go through the pool & pick the best available like everybody else? 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Broadsword

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »
It's quite possible we have the best rookie list in the competition at the moment. Very serviceable.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:57 PM »
Those who remain unsigned:

Chol, Coleman-Jones, Cumberland, Garthwaite, Nyuon.

Rookies: Ben Miller, Sydney Stack, Matt Parker.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=30409.msg683331#msg683331

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2021, 07:28:40 PM »
Chol?
Chol is out of contract. He's an unrestricted free agent if he doesn't re-sign.