Author Topic: Robbie Tarrant retires [merged]  (Read 37918 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Robbie Tarrant [merged]
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2022, 09:24:46 AM »
Massive Brian lake vibes right now. Hoping we can climb this mountain.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2022, 04:44:09 AM »
6. Robbie Tarrant

Took Joe Daniher at the first bounce but rotated through a few players after Oscar McInerney’s substitution forced a shuffle. Looked strong in one-on-one in defensive contests.

Foxsports rating: 5

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-finals-2022-richmond-tigers-vs-brisbane-lions-second-elimination-final-highlights-stats-best-and-worst-players/news-story/7fc45960b9d79ca09461c1ff3de0ff76

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2023, 04:05:24 PM »
Damien Hardwick provides Robbie Tarrant injury update ahead of Round 2

Jack Jovanovski
zerohanger.com
March 23, 2023

Richmond premiership coach Damien Hardwick has provided an update on injured key defender Robbie Tarrant, announcing the veteran is still not ready to return to action.

Tarrant has been plagued by a hip injury since the late stages of the pre-season in February, consequently missing the Tigers' pre-season clash with Melbourne and their season-opening draw with Carlton last Thursday.

Speaking to the media ahead of his side's Round 2 bout with Adelaide, Hardwick clarified that the ex-Kangaroo isn't quite ready to take the field.

"Yeah, he's not right to go at the moment," Hardwick began.

"So, it's a little bit of a frustrating one for Robbie and us, we know he's a big, big boy that can play on those bigger type players like Tex (Walker) is down there (for the Crows), and Darcy Fogarty, obviously, but we've just got to make sure when he comes back into the side [that] he's right [to go].

"So he's probably, maybe one to two weeks away [from returning] at this stage, but we know that when he does become available that he's important to us."

https://www.zerohanger.com/damien-hardwick-provides-robbie-tarrant-injury-update-ahead-of-round-2-134564/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2023, 06:38:02 PM »
Key defender Robbie Tarrant will make his return through the VFL after suffering a hip complaint in the pre-season.

"Robbie had a really good session on Saturday morning and seems to have turned the corner," Physical Performance Manager Luke Meehan said of Tarrant earlier this week.

Source: RFC website

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2023, 10:58:48 AM »
Just announced his retirement.

Think we could all see it coming.

Thanks Taz

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2023, 11:41:41 AM »
Thought he played some decent footy for us last year .

This year has been a write off
Unleash the tornado

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2023, 12:10:41 PM »
Same. didnt cost us much and our defence hasnt been as bad as other areas we didnt think we needed to fix. :shh

Seems like a good bloike. Good luck Robbie
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2023, 12:16:53 PM »
Could've done it before the MSD. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2023, 12:28:45 PM »
Thought he played some decent footy for us last year .

This year has been a write off
Yeah, his start here was poor.  He leaked goals early on, but he pulled it together & was a class act later in the year ... then the injury hit ...
Thanks Taz ...    :cheers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Robbie Tarrant retires [merged]
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2023, 01:08:29 PM »

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1378933/tarrant-announces-afl-retirement

'Nothing left in the tank': Tigers defender retires after 194 games

By Martin Smith
afl.com.au
13 July 2023

RICHMOND and former North Melbourne Robbie Tarrant has announced his retirement, effectively immediately.

The 34-year-old has played just two VFL games this year due to a chronic hip injury and has called time on his career after 194 games at the top level.

The No.15 pick in the 2007 draft, Tarrant played 174 games for the Kangaroos before moving to the Tigers at the end of the 2021 season.

He won North's best and fairest in 2016.

Tarrant said the hip issue that has plagued him this year ultimately became too much to overcome.

"I know if I do not announce it today, that I will keep trying to play, and I am worried about where that will land me come season's end," he said.

"Having missed the draft as a 17-year-old, I knew from then on that if I was going to make it, I was going to have to work as hard as I could.

"And I finish up today knowing that I have done that. I have got nothing left in the tank."

Richmond footy boss Blair Hartley praised Tarrant's professionalism and commitment.

"We brought Robbie to our football club because we admired how he went about things on and off the field and knew that he would make us a better team," he said.

"Across his two years with us, he displayed all his great traits, setting an example and providing leadership for younger players.

"While this year did not work out for Robbie due to his injury troubles, he certainly put his best foot forward and gave himself every chance due to diligence and work ethic.

"Robbie can be proud of his time with Richmond and in the AFL. Across 16 years, he has been a brilliant player, and we wish him and his family all the best.

"They are always welcome at Richmond."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/976877/-nothing-left-in-the-tank-tigers-defender-retires-after-194-games

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2023, 01:54:06 PM »
From Robbie Tarrant's farewell speech:  :clapping

"I've been able to reflect over the last few weeks about the move to Richmond and what I was expecting. I came to learn a new system, play a role, and see if we could have another crack at finals. All of those things have been amazing.

But what I wasn't expecting, was how much this club would impact me personally and how much it would mean to me. It's a special place with really great people. I am lucky to have been able to experience it, but also make some amazing friendships that will continue on long after I have left this place.

It's a bit of a weird feeling knowing I'll never be able to play footy again. You sort of grieve in a way that you'll be leaving that part of your life behind, but then you get this enormous sense of appreciation. You appreciate the little moments: the laughs, the conversations, and even the tough times. Basically, you appreciate the journey. Footy has given me everything and I will be forever grateful. Thanks boys!"

WATCH HERE: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1379007/-you-appreciate-the-journey-tarrant

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »
I’m sure all parties wish we we could have gotten more out of him, nevertheless he was pretty solid when he did play.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2023, 10:11:13 AM »
So do we now have a spot on our list??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2023, 12:20:14 PM »
So do we now have a spot on our list??
The rules were changed. We can play any of our rookies whenever we want to. You no longer have to wait for a senior listed player to have to go onto the LTIL. The only time it matters now is prior to the mid-season draft. If we had ruled out Lynch prior to the MSD, then we could've had a third pick and drafted another rookie along with Coulthard and Trezise. Castagna's retirement and Smith's season-ending injury allowed us to draft the latter two in the MSD.