Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 104507 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2022, 12:12:49 AM »

North Melbourne’s prized No.1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis has stepped away from negotiations over a new deal at the struggling club.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/10/horne-francis-puts-contracts-negotiations-with-north-melbourne-on-hold/

Don't blame him only because he is likely to improve and be worth more by the month.

North need to realise that he doesn't get down on the first date basically.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »
If i was his manager id ask for $20,000 a week in guaranteed wage thats $1,040,000 base a year for 5 years and bonuses on top of that. If he stays there, he needs to set himself up for life coz they could wreck his career if he stays another 1 or 2 years.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2022, 11:52:34 AM »
He'll leave after 4 years, now is not the right time.  He'll be 22 and at his peak which will ensure $1mil + offers from the cows and powder puffs.

In saying that why the hell would he want to go back to SA.  He is more likely to stay in Melb and end up at the Pies, Hawks or Tigers.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2022, 12:20:26 PM »
We clearly value him very highly given our huge trade offer so I imagine we'll be monitoring this situation pretty closely.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2022, 04:57:23 PM »
2022 KEY PRE-AGENTS

Richmond: Jason Castagna, Kamdyn McIntosh

Adelaide: Luke Brown, Tom Doedee, Rory Sloane
Brisbane: Eric Hipwood, Rhys Mathieson, Daniel Rich
Carlton: Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni, Lachie Plowman
Collingwood: Jack Crisp, Scott Pendlebury
Essendon: Darcy Parish, Mason Redman, Will Snelling
Fremantle: Nat Fyfe, Darcy Tucker, Michael Walters
Geelong: Mark Blicavs, Sam Menegola
Gold Coast: Sam Day, Brayden Fiorini, Alex Sexton
GWS: Harry Himmelberg, Jacob Hopper
Hawthorn: Luke Breust
Melbourne: James Jordon, Alex Neal-Bullen, Clayton Oliver, Sam Weideman
North Melbourne: Ben McKay
Port Adelaide: Riley Bonner, Charlie Dixon
St Kilda: Jade Gresham, Daniel McKenzie
Sydney: Callum Mills, Tom Papley
West Coast: Jamie Cripps, Jeremy McGovern
Western Bulldogs: Bailey Williams

https://www.afl.com.au/news/758506/clubs-on-pre-agent-watch-former-no-3-pick-a-trade-target

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2022, 09:52:24 PM »
If take Fyfe to replace Riewoldt up forward whilst we develop some future forwards that we pick up in next years draft.
Fyfe can finally live out his dream of playing for his beloved tigers.  :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2022, 10:21:57 PM »
Fyfe to Richmond  :lol.

On a more serious (and grounded in credible source) note I am concerned that one of our club’s greatest sons will be relocating to Sydney at year’s end.
If this source is correct and rumours are true, I wish him all the best and look forward to him being traded for the grandson of another living legend of the Tigers…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2022, 11:08:34 PM »

On a more serious (and grounded in credible source) note I am concerned that one of our club’s greatest sons will be relocating to Sydney at year’s end.
If this source is correct and rumours are true, I wish him all the best and look forward to him being traded for the grandson of another living legend of the Tigers…

Hmm. How reliable is your source RT?

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2022, 11:19:45 PM »
Im not as keen on Green as many others. I like midfielders with speed not plodders. Id also want the Giants 1st rounder as part of the deal. Dusty would bring millions into their club so they should pay the price

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2022, 11:38:32 PM »
Sam Weideman from Melb?  I doubt Sam would come over cos it would end his run of soft as butter free kicks ...       :-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2022, 11:43:38 PM »
Im not as keen on Green as many others. I like midfielders with speed not plodders. Id also want the Giants 1st rounder as part of the deal. Dusty would bring millions into their club so they should pay the price

Mate he's killing it this year in an average team too.

Dusty will be 31 next month with 2 years to go on about $1.1-1.2mil. There's no way in heck we'd get Green AND their first rounder.

Reality for me is that if Dusty wants to go then we're better off with someone else paying his contract and if we don't pull a flag out of our butts this year I'm confident we won't next year either.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2022, 01:07:54 AM »
People put way too much emphasis on speed like without that trait there’s no chance you will be an a grade player when history suggests that’s not even close to being true.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »
People put way too much emphasis on speed like without that trait there’s no chance you will be an a grade player when history suggests that’s not even close to being true.

For every Greg williams or Sam Mitchell or Clayton Oliver theres 100s of slow players who get chopped of lists. Quick players have a better chance of having long careers.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2022, 07:22:22 AM »

It’s second hand to a 100% dead eye reliable source. No reason for the guy to steer me wrong but i hope it’s way off.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2022, 09:20:17 AM »

It’s second hand to a 100% dead eye reliable source. No reason for the guy to steer me wrong but i hope it’s way off.

Understood. We shall see.