Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 108871 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #750 on: October 12, 2022, 02:16:16 PM »
We could delist and promise to rookie them if they aren't picked up by another club. RCD will depend on how many picks we want to use in the draft and/or if we promote Miller off the rookie list. Stack as a four-year rookie I think has to be delisted and then redrafted if we want to keep him?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #751 on: October 12, 2022, 02:21:40 PM »
I'd be dirty on the club if RCD walks to the PSD and carves it up at another club.

Going off his VFL form you'd think he'd have had more changes but with Taranto and Hopper coming in he's in strife so wouldn't surprise me if he walks.

Think a bit much is made of his vfl form. He had a ripping end to the season no doubt but that was still only what 5-6 games. There are players who carve up the state leagues all season long that can’t get games for their sides and make their way to other clubs either by getting delisted or traded who prove they aren’t up to it at AFL level.

For all the scrutiny that players like aarts and Ross get for us, their form when they get dropped at VFL level is a lot more dominant and consistent. Aarts won our vfl b&f and was also in the vfl team of the season while missing atleast a quarter of the season playing for the seniors. From memory RCD didn’t even finish in the top 5 with both martyn and dow ahead of him.

In saying all that I’d be ok with them giving him a 1 year contract, I just can’t see how he’ll get a game. He’s an inside mid who managed only 2 games this season even with Prestia, cotchin, dusty, Ross, graham being injured at one point or the other. Now with hopper and Taranto there are 2 additional players well ahead of him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #752 on: October 12, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »

He’s an inside mid who managed only 2 games this season even with Prestia, cotchin, dusty, Ross, graham being injured at one point or the other. Now with hopper and Taranto there are 2 additional players well ahead of him.

My only comment on RDC is this. Against the WCE in Perth Dimma said he had played his best game for the Club. the next week because Cotchin was available he got dropped. I'd argue he should not have been dropped after that game.

As for the last 3rd of the season, he got named by the VFL coach as one of the best players in nearly all games and he couldn't get a look in....that doesn't make sense to me

but anyway I think it is in his own best interests to find himself a new Club because as you say he's fallen further down the pecking order now
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: October 12, 2022, 02:37:15 PM »
I get your point WP and you’ve been pretty vocal about how you didn’t understand why he wasn’t getting a game. While I do agree he should have been given more opportunities I’d moreso say it’s because the players coming in ahead of him were known quantities at AFL level whereas RCD is still somewhat unknown. Just think his vfl form is being overplayed.

Either way I’m happy with whatever the club decide. I agree it’s in his best interests to look elsewhere if there are other clubs interested.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #754 on: October 12, 2022, 03:02:59 PM »
Maybe Mooroolbark will show some interest in RDC

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: October 12, 2022, 03:08:01 PM »
I'd be dirty on the club if RCD walks to the PSD and carves it up at another club.

Going off his VFL form you'd think he'd have had more changes but with Taranto and Hopper coming in he's in strife so wouldn't surprise me if he walks.

Think a bit much is made of his vfl form. He had a ripping end to the season no doubt but that was still only what 5-6 games. There are players who carve up the state leagues all season long that can’t get games for their sides and make their way to other clubs either by getting delisted or traded who prove they aren’t up to it at AFL level.

For all the scrutiny that players like aarts and Ross get for us, their form when they get dropped at VFL level is a lot more dominant and consistent. Aarts won our vfl b&f and was also in the vfl team of the season while missing atleast a quarter of the season playing for the seniors. From memory RCD didn’t even finish in the top 5 with both martyn and dow ahead of him.

In saying all that I’d be ok with them giving him a 1 year contract, I just can’t see how he’ll get a game. He’s an inside mid who managed only 2 games this season even with Prestia, cotchin, dusty, Ross, graham being injured at one point or the other. Now with hopper and Taranto there are 2 additional players well ahead of him.

💯 correct we're going on a snippet of 5 to 6 games the rest were very average this year. I will say the same the differences between Ross and Aarts is they perform consistently in the vfl.I agree there are games he should have played.

For me lacks intensity and goes missing you see him one half not sighted the next been his issue from day one running capacities.Have look at Cumberland had is issues defence wise worked hard on them and performed consistently this year got his opportunities.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #756 on: October 12, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #757 on: October 12, 2022, 03:15:24 PM »
Geelong have traded Cooper Stephens to Hawthorn for pick 65, per @CalTwomey.

https://twitter.com/afItraderadio/status/1580045642940178432

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #758 on: October 12, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »
Sam Weideman, pick 54 and 72 sent to Essendon for pick 37.

https://twitter.com/DanielCherny

-----------------------------------------------------

Jaeger O’Meara has nominated @freodockers as his club of choice.

Issue will be working out a suitable deal, with plenty of work to be done. No guarantee he ends up in purple.

More to come.

@7NewsPerth

https://twitter.com/FootyRhino/status/1580045267767685120

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #759 on: October 12, 2022, 03:49:11 PM »
Developing news on Josh Dunkley. Understand Brisbane has now offered 21 and a future first rounder without asking for the Dogs' 39 back, which was their initial offer. It's still not what the Dogs want but it's definitely closer to acceptable.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1580054275941883904

--------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1580057147487813633

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: October 12, 2022, 03:56:02 PM »
That’s 3 top 10 picks from 2015 that have now been traded.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: October 12, 2022, 04:34:03 PM »
Geelong have traded Cooper Stephens to Hawthorn for pick 65, per @CalTwomey.

https://twitter.com/afItraderadio/status/1580045642940178432

So they trade for pick 7 to get a local kid then trade a local kid who was a first rounder for nothing.  WTF

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #762 on: October 12, 2022, 05:14:38 PM »
"The Saints are interested in packaging up pick 9 and Hunter Clark in order to move up the draft to pick 3."

"Using Hunter Clark who's been wanting to get to North Melbourne, but North won't part with that pick under this proposed deal."

- Cal Twomey on Hunter Clark

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: October 12, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »

He’s an inside mid who managed only 2 games this season even with Prestia, cotchin, dusty, Ross, graham being injured at one point or the other. Now with hopper and Taranto there are 2 additional players well ahead of him.

My only comment on RDC is this. Against the WCE in Perth Dimma said he had played his best game for the Club. the next week because Cotchin was available he got dropped. I'd argue he should not have been dropped after that game.

As for the last 3rd of the season, he got named by the VFL coach as one of the best players in nearly all games and he couldn't get a look in....that doesn't make sense to me

but anyway I think it is in his own best interests to find himself a new Club because as you say he's fallen further down the pecking order now

Someone on the forum made the credible claim that because he has gay female parents he has a problem with listening to white heterosexual middle aged men.
Maybe it’s that.  ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #764 on: October 12, 2022, 06:14:16 PM »
The Western Bulldogs and Melbourne are closing in on a trade for midfielder Lachie Hunter.

Under the likely trade, Hunter would be traded for a third-round or future third-round pick.

The Dogs would potentially contribute to Hunter’s two-year contract though the deal is still being sorted.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-2022-live-updates-day-eight-20221012-p5bp8q.html