Author Topic: Sheeds takes aim at Wallace  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Sheeds takes aim at Wallace
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 04:37:24 PM »
Essendon could have off-loaded Sheeds to us at the end of 2004. Should have.
After this week, I'm so glad he wasn't available because I have no doubt he'd now be our coach.

His statement on 5AA that Ramanauskas will not play again has me convinced he's lost perspective. Lost his touch. Lost the plot.
It may well be true, and it's obviously his opinion. He should not have made it public until he had told Adam first though.
I would have sympathised that it was an unfortunate gaffe if he'd come out and said so but, no, instead he comes out trying to defend what he said.
Insensitive and unprofessional in the first instance. Arrogant when subsequently questioned. I think it would make a lot of people at the club angry.

For the first time in 20+ years I am feeling smug and content that Essendon have him and Richmond don't.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »
Sheeds had his chance at the end of 99 to return and he said no. Now like KB no one cares if he comes back to Punt Road or not. We've thankfully moved on and are better off for it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 11:21:55 PM »
As of this afternoon(thursday 25th) the lord of the martians still had something to say about TW.

A friend of mine who is a regular poster on Bomber Blitz ran into Sheeds at AFL house while delivering a 12000 signatured petition against the AFL's plan to introduce anti clash guernseys.

Sheeds believes that TW isnt looking at "the big picture" in regards to making Richmond a team whose playing style will get the big crowds happening again.

In saying that though he also mentioned that as a result of comments and events from the last few days, the next time essendon and richmond meet in august should ensure a 70000+ crowd .

Looking foward to that Hot August Night!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 03:26:52 AM »
Sheeds is basing that on one game where it was the Crows fault that the keepings off tactics lasted virtually the whole game. Didn't he see our previous 7 weeks of run and carry attacking footy?! Was he a sleep when we played his mob 3 weeks ago?!  ::) He used us and particularly Wallace as a diversion from 7 straight losses and has made a total goose of himself.

The Hot August Night match is our home game so the Tiges will be at the 'G in large numbers. Wonder how many Dons fans will turn up now they have jumped off the bandwagon?! We didn't have only 32,000 turn up to one of our "blockbuster" games against Carlton.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 06:14:08 AM »
Sheeds is basing that on one game where it was the Crows fault that the keepings off tactics lasted virtually the whole game. Didn't he see our previous 7 weeks of run and carry attacking footy?! Was he a sleep when we played his mob 3 weeks ago?!  ::) He used us and particularly Wallace as a diversion from 7 straight losses and has made a total goose of himself.

The Hot August Night match is our home game so the Tiges will be at the 'G in large numbers. Wonder how many Dons fans will turn up now they have jumped off the bandwagon?! We didn't have only 32,000 turn up to one of our "blockbuster" games against Carlton.

like i have said many times mt,

pardon my french

but f sheedy, and f kb! they are not richmond ppl, they are fakers! its not hard to see kbs heart lies with the bulldogs and sheedy essendon! they are both f o s and i hope they never ever have anything to do with us again!

sheedy must have been sleeping, but the old bastard did also say he may use those keepings off tactics in future!!!

and u r spot on, all diversion tactics, he is good at trying to play with minds, just like he toyed with us just to boost his contract price at the bombers.

just a thought, its easy to be a god coach at a club with loads of money, and imo , pagan is right, the blues are not the only team to have made those mistakes, and imo, i believe 2 other vic clubs have done so also and gotten away with it, i wobder who they are !!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »
Was he a sleep when we played his mob 3 weeks ago?!  ::)

No - he was working out ways to get Dean Rioli to 100 games :banghead

That's one of Sheeds (IMO) biggest problem at the moment he continues to focus on these romantic notions (Rioli playing 100 games, Jimmy captaining on ANZAC day) insteand of focusing on getting the Bombers competitive and developing young players.

I mean seriously how can you say you are building for the future when you recruit a 30 year old who'll give you maybe 2-3 years instead of an 18 y.o. who will give you 10?

Here's a tip look after your own backyard Sheeds and let us (RFC) continue to do what we've been working on for the last 2 years, that is bringing our kids through and we'll talk about in 12 months ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »
That's one of Sheeds (IMO) biggest problem at the moment he continues to focus on these romantic notions (Rioli playing 100 games, Jimmy captaining on ANZAC day) insteand of focusing on getting the Bombers competitive and developing young players.

Add getting Heffernan back to Windy Hill and trying to turn Courtney Johns into a footballer lol. Sheeds went the quick fix and now is paying the price.

Just going on from X comment, didn't the Bombers get pulled up for salary cap breaches in the late 90's but nowhere to the extent the Blues did?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 06:09:10 PM »

Add getting Heffernan back to Windy Hill and trying to turn Courtney Johns into a footballer lol. Sheeds went the quick fix and now is paying the price.

Just going on from X comment, didn't the Bombers get pulled up for salary cap breaches in the late 90's but nowhere to the extent the Blues did?

blues have been done twice iirc. once for sure mt, but i think it may have been twice. the blues were stiff compared to thebombers fine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »
Hey Sheeds, did you watch the attacking footy we played today and the 17 goals we kicked?  :wallywink

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 09:29:40 PM »
Mini-me said to me today that Kevin Sheedy should be on "Grumpy Old Men" - classic :thumbsup

(BTW her team had a close win at netball team - Mini-me great in defence - kept the opposition goalless in the second half after trailing by 2 at half-time) :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 12:06:06 AM »
I wonder what excuses and deflections Sheeds will come up this week after the second bottom side spanked the Bombers by 10 goals at home. Is insipidness part of building a premiership side Kevin?!  :lol.

ps. way to go Mini-Me Julz

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Winning teams are for mugs (The Age)
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2006, 01:33:22 AM »
Winning teams are for mugs
Cameron Noakes
The Age
June 2, 2006

THIS is a message for Terry Wallace and the Richmond Football Club: stop winning. It's really annoying, it's draining my betting accounts and it's making my column look bad.

I don't understand why Terry doesn't listen to Sheeds and go and build a premiership team rather than this "winning games" malarky.

Football is not about winning, Terry. It's about sitting on the bottom, going to Docklands and getting spanked by one of the league's lightweights. That's what it's about. If you think sport is about winning, Terry, you are a fool.

And what have you done to Kayne Pettifer? Can you remind him that he still is Kayne and not Able, or Peter Knights, or whoever the hell he thinks he is at the minute. He's a 10-touches, a couple-of-fumbles, one-goal-three guy, not 21 touches, 11 marks and a speccy a week.

Richmond ($3.75) plays Freo ($1.28) this week and that game fills me with dread. Stay away!

And while I'm sending out the messages: you're a disgrace, Freo. I just think Chris Connolly and Freo are a bad relationship. And Chris, if you're reading this, dump her before she dumps you. That's a lesson I learnt when I was a young man and it gives you bragging rights when you go to the pub with your mates. Get in first and explain to your mates that Freo wasn't your thing so YOU dumped her. It's much better.

But let's get back to Sheeds and tonight's blockbuster between two teams building for a premiership (Adelaide $1.09 v Essendon $7.75). Those odds suggest that Neil Craig is doing it better, hey Sheeds?

If you're a Bombers fan and you think your team has any spirit at all, you can take the Crows at $2.50 for under 39.5, but I'm not sure.

As for other teams building for premierships, West Coast is $1.77 against the pre-season premier ($2.08). That seems to be the bargain of all time, but I guess everyone is feeling the same way and I'm going to have a look at either team under 15.5 points at $3.30 (Sportsbet).

If that doesn't appeal, have a look at the half-time/full-time double with Geelong into West Coast at $6.50.

And here's one last message for Bomber and his Cats: Sportsbet now has only seven teams that you can bet on for the wooden spoon and Geelong is one of them ($51). Even Kayne's Richmond has been suspended from spoon betting!

Disgraceful, Bomber.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/06/01/1148956482795.html

letsgetiton!

Re: Winning teams are for mugs (The Age)
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »
Winning teams are for mugs
Cameron Noakes
The Age
June 2, 2006

THIS is a message for Terry Wallace and the Richmond Football Club: stop winning. It's really annoying, it's draining my betting accounts and it's making my column look bad.

I don't understand why Terry doesn't listen to Sheeds and go and build a premiership team rather than this "winning games" malarky.

Football is not about winning, Terry. It's about sitting on the bottom, going to Docklands and getting spanked by one of the league's lightweights. That's what it's about. If you think sport is about winning, Terry, you are a fool.

And what have you done to Kayne Pettifer? Can you remind him that he still is Kayne and not Able, or Peter Knights, or whoever the hell he thinks he is at the minute. He's a 10-touches, a couple-of-fumbles, one-goal-three guy, not 21 touches, 11 marks and a speccy a week.

Richmond ($3.75) plays Freo ($1.28) this week and that game fills me with dread. Stay away!

And while I'm sending out the messages: you're a disgrace, Freo. I just think Chris Connolly and Freo are a bad relationship. And Chris, if you're reading this, dump her before she dumps you. That's a lesson I learnt when I was a young man and it gives you bragging rights when you go to the pub with your mates. Get in first and explain to your mates that Freo wasn't your thing so YOU dumped her. It's much better.

But let's get back to Sheeds and tonight's blockbuster between two teams building for a premiership (Adelaide $1.09 v Essendon $7.75). Those odds suggest that Neil Craig is doing it better, hey Sheeds?

If you're a Bombers fan and you think your team has any spirit at all, you can take the Crows at $2.50 for under 39.5, but I'm not sure.

As for other teams building for premierships, West Coast is $1.77 against the pre-season premier ($2.08). That seems to be the bargain of all time, but I guess everyone is feeling the same way and I'm going to have a look at either team under 15.5 points at $3.30 (Sportsbet).

If that doesn't appeal, have a look at the half-time/full-time double with Geelong into West Coast at $6.50.

And here's one last message for Bomber and his Cats: Sportsbet now has only seven teams that you can bet on for the wooden spoon and Geelong is one of them ($51). Even Kayne's Richmond has been suspended from spoon betting!

Disgraceful, Bomber.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/06/01/1148956482795.html

pure GOLD

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
138 reasons to play basketball lol
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2006, 12:30:19 AM »
"You're kidding, the way we played today we still get bums on seats, our fans will still come and see the next best kids play the most exciting footy.

Freaking hilarious reading this now :ROTFL

Hey Sheeds these 138 point floggings will sure get Bomber fans rushing through the gates ... TO GET OUT!  :rollin

:rollin @ Sheeds moving Courtney Johns to FB in the last quarter and Hentschel ending up with 8 goals.

LOL @ Walls telling his life story on the radio last night about how we sacked him after a identical result in 97 at Footy Park.

Anyone for a game of basketball?  :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2006, 01:07:32 AM »
You've got an evil streak mt. I'm enjoying it.  ;D :thumbsup
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott