Author Topic: Sheeds takes aim at Wallace  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Sheeds takes aim at Wallace
« on: May 21, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »
Kevin Sheedy had a swipe at Richmond at his press conference after Essendon's loss to the Waist Coats.
Sour grapes while you're on the skids Sheeds.  ;D ;D Suffer in your jocks.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:29:23 AM by one-eyed »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Sheeds takes aim at Wallace
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »
Kevin Sheedy had a swipe at Richmond at his press conference after Essendon's loss to the Waist Coats.

Yeah FF, Sheeds wasn't a happy chappy  :rollin.

"I hate basketball.... you want me to play that basketball crap... you've got to be kidding"  ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:30:12 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

Yeah FF, Sheeds wasn't a happy chappy  :rollin.

"I hate basketball.... you want me to play that basketball crap... you've got to be kidding"  ;D

He has a few issues has Mr Sheedy ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:31:05 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kevin Sheedy slams Wallace's tactics (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:34:05 AM »
Kevin Sheedy slams Wallace's tactics
22 May 2006   Herald Sun
Scott Gullan

ESSENDON coach Kevin Sheedy has unloaded on Richmond counterpart Terry Wallace, describing the Tigers' tactics against Adelaide as "basketball crap".

Sheedy even got personal during his extraordinary attack on the Tigers' high-possession keepings-off tactics, saying he hoped he wasn't anything like Wallace.

"I don't coach Richmond. Terry can do what he wants to do," Sheedy said.

"You look at Terry and you look at me. We are very different people, I hope. If he wants to play a game of billiards up the back, then good luck to him. It has got nothing to do with me. You win four points but you will never go anywhere."

Richmond broke all sorts of statistical records, including the most marks taken in a game, in defeating Adelaide at Telstra Dome on Saturday.

Faced with a similar against-the-odds task against West Coast yesterday, Sheedy refused to be negative, instead going head-to-head with last year's grand finalists, only to fall short by 21 points after a late Eagles surge.

Asked if he was cheating the Bomber fans by not adopting similar tactics to Wallace, Sheedy said: "I want to build a team to win a premiership. You can play that basketball crap all the time . . . that's why I don't play basketball.

"You're kidding, the way we played today we still get bums on seats, our fans will still come and see the next best kids play the most exciting footy.

"It is just the way I am as a coach. I am playing to develop a team. It is a big difference and history says I am not too bad at it."

Full article: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19212306%255E19771,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sheedy vows no Richmond-style 'basketball crap' (The Age)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 04:37:58 AM »
Sheedy vows no Richmond-style 'basketball crap'
By Emma Quayle
May 22, 2006

KEVIN Sheedy last night declared he would not have his struggling Bombers play the heavily defensive football that helped Richmond beat Adelaide, describing such tactics as "basketball crap" that would bring no long-term success.

Sheedy would not criticise Richmond coach Terry Wallace directly, but categorically said he would not resort to Tiger-style tactics to win a match and keep his young players' spirits up by sneaking a win in a bleak season.

"I don't coach Richmond. Terry can do what he wants to do. You look at Terry and you look at me, we're very different people. I hope," Sheedy said.

"It's none of my business. If he wants to play a game of billiards up the back, then good luck to him. It's nothing to do with me. But you win four points. You'll win four points, but you might never go anywhere.

"I want to build a team to win a premiership. You can play that basketball crap all the time. That's why I don't play basketball; you're kidding.

"The way we played today, we'll still get bums on seats. The fans will still come and see the next best kids playing the most exciting footy."

Sheedy said Essendon's situation was "not about winning games and going nowhere", as some clubs have done in the past. "If we're going to unfortunately not win enough games that we would love to have won this year, then I'm just letting all the fans know that I'm not going to duck the issue at all.

"We're going to keep loading up with the next best young players until we find the right mixture, and give them the experiences that they need to go on and eventually give our fans a top effort."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/05/21/1148150124331.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 04:40:33 AM »
It was a cheap shot - and IDGAF really cause look where the bumbers are.lolroflmao and smc sheeds lma

One thing tho - I watched that interview and he quickly doubled back and said 'Not that we may not play like that at some stage' or words to that affect. This seems to have been edited out along the way somewhere - anyway IDGAF - lol  :gotigers

AND WE HAVE THE NEXT BEST BUNCH OF KIDS SHEEDS OLD CHAPPY - lma

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 06:47:19 AM »
sheedy is a 2 faced son of a b!

he just is angry and jealous that terry is a smarter coach and a lateral thinker!

im sick and tired of reading that richmond flooded!

we did not flood, adelaise flooded and didnt man up, and allowed us to play ro the plan teerry had organised!

who cares how a team plays. every game, evry week is different and a learning process. look at sydney, this time last yr  they were told to change their game, it was ugly! rgey did this possession stuff every week and slowingthe game down.

and they won the premiership and play damn good footy now.

i am really impressed because to maintain that game style all day with our "skill "level , was a gr8 achievement by the boys.

it just shows that terry has the ability to tackle each game as it comes and every opponent differently. he does not just have one game plan in his head. it was gr8 to see the boys adapt quickly and stick to the plan.

the 4 points is the most important thing, and we have won 4 of our last 5 and the sydney game is history!

sheedy go and lick kb's ring , u 2 are the 2 biggest 2 faced "pretend" richmond ppl ever!

go and walk hand in hand in a retirement village and suck on dumbies together!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:16:58 AM »
Yes hardly anyone mentions how badly Adelaide played - just that we played ugly.  Didn't Adelaide to a similiar thing to the Pies a few weeks back?  For a team who everyone, including myself, had written off as winning on Saturday - well I'd take a win anyway I can. 

Neil Craig was at least honest in saying : "it was a valuable learning experience to be blunted by the Tigers' high possession, shutdown style.

"It was a good tactic and certainly took the pace out of the whole game," Craig said.

"We've done that to the opposition and we understand that. That's probably the most we've had that exposed to us.

"I thought our execution was poor and our ability to at least stay in the game wasn't what we want, but we hung in there."

Craig said the players did not have enough patience to combat the Tigers' ploy but he said they would be prepared for it next time.

"I think it's great, I don't have a problem with it," he said. "I think it gives people something more to deal with now and get better at and being able to handle that.

"It's better to be exposed to a different style because it gives you time to adapt. Clearly we didn't handle it as well as we would have liked.

"All credit to Terry and his players. He had a plan and their ability to execute it is the thing they should take from it. They should get recognition for it.

"We weren't good enough to handle it, but we'll be better next time. That's what it's about, just building as a club and as a team and being able to handle those situations." (herald sun website)

So to all those whingers, moaners, Sheeds, Spud etc :stupid - suck eggs :nopity :blah :ROTFL

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:21:52 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the general rule in every sport that you do everything in your power to win as long as it's within the rules??
Oh well Sheeds, we won and you lost!  :thumbsup I would prefer to follow a team who does everything they can to win within the rules rather than try to look pretty and lose every week. It got the Swans to a premiership last year. As TW said, the boys have learned from the loss to the Swans last week and they knew what they had to do to stop the free running Crows. And it worked! Had our forward disposal been as good as our backs, we would have flogged them.

Stuff you Sheeds.  :wallywink Just start Looking forward to your early picks in the draft.

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:49 AM »
All those whingeing can just farrrk right off. We won.
Couldnt give a rats clacker that essenshit want to play an attractive game and lose.
Had enough of sheedy.
He aint a doyen, he aint an oracle. He's old and crusty and his players no longer respond to him.
History will judge him as a great coach - and i will agree, but he needs to move on.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
Poor old Sheeds :lol the Bombers are struggling

But I'll give credit to Sheeds he is a cunning old fella as per normal he takes a pot shot at someone else to do what he always does and that is divert the attention off himself and the Bombers inept start to the season. And what does the the media in their combined wisdom do? Fall for it hook line and sinker.

I couldn't do anything but laugh...  :rollin I mean let's be realistic Sheeds talks about building a team to win a flag - good on him but despite whatever spin he puts on it the RFC on Saturday played their first 5 draft choices from the 2004 draft..

Let's just for a minute ponder those names shall we:

1. Deledio - not a bad player I suppose
2. Tambling - getting better looks alright
3. Meyer - developing
4. Pattison - best game for the Tigers
5. Polo - if I remember correctly against the bumbling bombers he was BOG

I think we all can see where we are heading and what the RFC is doing :thumbsup

Let's look at the Bomber team he's building that took to the field yesterday.... there's Solomon who cannot get a kick, Johnson who Sheeds himself said will probably get dropped this week , there's the young Heffernen and the even younger Campo who's out injured at the moment.... yep the future is there for all of us to see :whistle

Want me to go on?

As I said I just did this  :rollin :lol ;D :rollin

:gotigers :gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 01:22:47 PM »
"You're kidding, the way we played today we still get bums on seats, our fans will still come and see the next best kids play the most exciting footy.
Didn't get bums on seats against the Blues to watch those exciting kids of his last week  :wallywink
Hey Sheeds, we've got the exciting kids and you missed out on them  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »
They replayed a bit of what Wallace said this morning on SEN and he was laughing at Sheedy talking about building to win premierships. Said something relating to our youngsters like - "Coburg are third on the ladder. Where is Bendigo again can someone tell me?!"  ;D

LOL @ Sheeds building with youth by recruiting last year oldies Camporeale and Heffernan. The Bombers were expecting to play finals this year and they topped up Spud style. Now that it's blown up in their faces Sheeds pulls out this diversion tactic as WP said. 

Jackstar

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »
Sheedy,  Deflecting whats really wrong in his own backyard ::)
No to mention his project players, Hennenman, Johns etc  :rollin
And what about Rioli, yeah he,s losing weight. get your eyes checked kev ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
Sheedy,  Deflecting whats really wrong in his own backyard ::)
No to mention his project players, Hennenman, Johns etc  :rollin
And what about Rioli, yeah he,s losing weight. get your eyes checked kev ;D

I hear the bombers will be part of the next series of the Big Loser lol.