Author Topic: Richmond in the TOP 8  (Read 7807 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Richmond in the TOP 8
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 10:22:42 AM »
Some poor Pie fan is claiming Rainesy should have been reported for that bump  :rollin

Anyone catch the Herald Sun today? The pic is perfect showing Raines running straight at Pendles, forearm raised hitting Pendles in the head.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5179251,00.jpg

So this is legal now is it? Or is it clearly just a case of a doctored photo because god forbid something as obvious as that would go unnoticed by those maggots.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=30144

just shows how stupid pie fans are!
that photo is a 2 dimensional pic with many parallax errors!

ppl just have to just accept that rainsey, isnt just a model looking pretty boy! he is as tough as they come!!!

bet ya buckley wishes he has rainseys toughness and balls!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:14 AM »
... and looks! :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 01:45:44 AM »
Up to 7th :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 01:08:33 PM »
Yeah hopefully the Saints will lose today and we will retain 7th spot for the week and next Friday thrash the Dee's  ;D
 :gotigers
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
I just did another ladder predictor and we finish 9th. I was actually fair dinkum when I did it and we miss out out percentage. For us to make the eight we may need St Kilda to defeat Geelong in R19. I have us losing against the likes of Melbourne and Sydney and so on but winning against the teams we will be favorites against. If we win any games where we arent considered a chance then we will definately make the eight.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 05:28:12 PM »
The Saints pumped the Maggies so we're back to 8th but it's bunched up again with the Swans and Doggies getting done. We've only a game off 4th and the Pies and doggies look shakey.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 07:13:08 PM »
Does anyone else think the Pies are one dimensional in their game style and that this could bring them undone as the season progresses?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
Its Adelaides flag - anything any of us say is of no consequence, everyone else is playing for 2nd.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
The Saints pumped the Maggies so we're back to 8th but it's bunched up again with the Swans and Doggies getting done. We've only a game off 4th and the Pies and doggies look shakey.
The Swans are also looking shakey and the Eagles are starting to show signs that they can be beaten. I think the 8 could be turned on its head in the next 4 rounds. For mine, the Crows are the only team I think are assured of a top 4 spot on current form.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 08:15:04 PM »
Don't you think West Coast are a chance at the flag?
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »
Its Adelaides flag - anything any of us say is of no consequence, everyone else is playing for 2nd.

And if they think like that, it will be their undoing. WCE were in a better position at the same time last year. No doubt they are a strong unit, but finals football is pressure of a different kind. If they can stay up from now until the last week in September, good luck to them. In the meantime, let us concentrate on putting ourselves in a position to be happy with our efforts for the year.

:gotigers
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 08:52:13 PM »
And one more thing...there is now less than 2% difference between us and Freo...so as long as we are competitive in our games, the percentage part of the equation is nullified. I still don't think Geelong will make up the two game margin on us. Even thought the next four weeks are tough, the last four are all winnable games. If we can jag one or tow in the next four, we should make it. :thumbsup
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:30 PM »
Now all we need is Lids and Richo to fire up  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 09:50:56 PM »
Agree fwoy. If we can win one or two that we're underdogs in then we will play finals. If we can get ahead of Freo on % then 12 wins may be enough. 13 wins will definitely get us into the finals.

The Crows are clear favourites but if the Eagles slip and allow the Dees a top 2 spot then Melbourne will have every final at the MCG. The premiership side usually makes their run from now on.

Don't you think West Coast are a chance at the flag?

The Eagles struggle at the 'G and lack forwards that can consistently kick a score.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
5 more wins needed for September - Wallace
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »
Five more wins required
4:48:23 PM Tue 11 July, 2006
Jennifer Witham
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond coach Terry Wallace has predicted the Tigers will require another five wins this year to guarantee themselves a September berth.

While 12 wins will usually assure a finals appearance, Wallace said the Tigers' low percentage will force the club to aim one step higher in their bid to play on after round 22.

"I think when you've got the lowest percentage of the group vying for it, if you're serious about wanting to play finals, you'd have to look at 13 to make it a guarantee otherwise it's in the lap of the Gods," Wallace said on Tuesday.

Full article at: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=280299