Author Topic: Richmond in the TOP 8  (Read 7808 times)

PuntRdRoar

Re: Richmond in the TOP 8
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2006, 06:09:08 PM »
We are gone for the finals...the lower the finish the better off we'll be.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2006, 07:08:08 PM »
We are gone for the finals...the lower the finish the better off we'll be.

That will be confirmed next week if we get done by the Saints. All the challenges around us are winning while we are falling away again  :(. Terry admitted in his after-match interview that we aren't good enough yet and that our injury list was biting.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2006, 11:50:39 PM »
We're not getting any help from other games. Geelong won by a point and the Saints by just 4 after Motlop missed a set shot for Port from just 25m out after the siren  :scream. Down to tenth now and we'll probably put the Saints back into form next week :-\.
I kinda felt bad for him, everyone could tell he didn't want to take that shot. Good to see his teammates go up to him tho. But I tipped St.Kilda so I'm alright with the outcome :P
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2006, 03:20:03 AM »
We're not getting any help from other games. Geelong won by a point and the Saints by just 4 after Motlop missed a set shot for Port from just 25m out after the siren  :scream. Down to tenth now and we'll probably put the Saints back into form next week :-\.
I kinda felt bad for him, everyone could tell he didn't want to take that shot. Good to see his teammates go up to him tho. But I tipped St.Kilda so I'm alright with the outcome :P

Chris Naish down at Kardinia Park 10 years ago was the last Tiger I remember to miss a goal after the siren like Motlop did yesterday although Naishy was further out and just missed. It could've been coincidence but he was never the same player after that.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »
We would have been better off with a Port win.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2006, 07:00:06 PM »
The way other results are going 13 wins might not even be enough given our poor % :help.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »

Chris Naish down at Kardinia Park 10 years ago was the last Tiger I remember to miss a goal after the siren like Motlop did yesterday although Naishy was further out and just missed. It could've been coincidence but he was never the same player after that.
I was at that game MT.I was on the opposite side to where he took the kick.If my memory serves me well and it should as i was the designated driver that day and booze free, naishy was on a fair angle not far from the boundary line.It was a fair kick and came bloody close.I remember Benny Gale clapping it through trying to con the goal umpire .
Motlops attempt yesterday was pathetic at this level.Even Richo would have dobbed it i reckon... :P

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 10:05:32 PM »
We will win 2 more games this season with 3 as a maximum so either 10 games or 11 games. If we were smart wed lose all our games and get better picks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2006, 03:25:54 AM »

I was at that game MT.I was on the opposite side to where he took the kick.If my memory serves me well and it should as i was the designated driver that day and booze free, naishy was on a fair angle not far from the boundary line.It was a fair kick and came bloody close.I remember Benny Gale clapping it through trying to con the goal umpire .
Motlops attempt yesterday was pathetic at this level.Even Richo would have dobbed it i reckon... :P

Another one of those close games that got away from us in 96 that cost us a place in the finals. I remember the gutted look on Naishy's face afterwards. Even the Geelong player closest to Naishy (might have been Brad Sholl [sp?] or Liam Pickering) felt sorry for him.