Author Topic: Richmond in the TOP 8  (Read 7811 times)

Offline N. Brown No.1 Fan

• Tiger Rookie
  • In 2006 All Of Australia Will Be Tiger Territory
Richmond in the TOP 8
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:50:05 PM »
how good is it were in the top 8 finally, i wish i could say that for the team i play for were 0 - 7 pathetic and last year we where premiers oh well cant always have a good team, well i hope deledios injury isnt to bad and i say bring it on freo... :gotigers
Petifer kicks inside the 50...... "RICHO" takes a screama!, lines up, GOAL, TIGERS win " Oh, were from Tigerland !

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond in the TOP 8
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:01:09 PM »
Let's hope the Saints lose. :pray

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 07:00:01 PM »
Terry's Tiger Cubs are on fire  :thumbsup

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 07:26:12 PM »
and Hartigan, Hughes, Oakley Nicholls, Casserley and White are at Coburg. One more decent draft guys...and itll be on for young and old in about 3 or 4 years from now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 04:11:35 AM »
Due to a poor percentage we need to win 8 of the last 13 games to finish in the top eight.

Roos, Hawks, Lions in Melb, Blues and Bombers are all 5 very winnable games on current form. We'd then need to find 3 more wins out of Freo in Perth, Pies, Dees, Dogs, Saints, Swans in Syd, Port in Adel and the Eagles at the 'G. We're in pretty good form having won 5 out of past 6 but it's still going to be a tough ask. Anything either way can happen though with such a long way still to go.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »
We're in a pretty good position, if we dont make the eight we'll still end up with a good pick...and we know weve got a good  young team...if we make the eight itll be good experience for the kids playing.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:09:47 AM »
Top 8 with a % of 75 after 9 games. That has to be some sort of record.

Is testament to Terry's horses for courses coaching that we have got 5 wins so far. When we are not totally outmatched we are a very good chance of winning, the young players are improving every week and it all looks good for 2 or 3 years time..

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 04:27:47 PM »

You're right Jake. Read on BF that it is the record.

Looks like we'll be in dreaded ninth on %  :-\ after today but next week destiny is in our own hands. Beat Freo and we're in.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 03:25:02 PM »

You're right Jake. Read on BF that it is the record.

Looks like we'll be in dreaded ninth on %  :-\ after today but next week destiny is in our own hands. Beat Freo and we're in.

Tigers high, low
Sporting Life
By Geoff McClure
May 30, 2006

RICHMOND may be just out of the top eight, albeit on percentage, but it is still making its mark this year, even on the record books. Stats whiz Bruce Kennedy confirmed yesterday the Tigers' percentage of 75.4 is the lowest on record of any AFL/VFL team with five wins and four losses after nine games. Previously, the record was 80.7, held by North Melbourne in 1958, the good news for the Tigers being in that year the Roos went on to finish third.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/geoff-mcclure/sporting-life/2006/05/29/1148754932644.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Win and we're in the Eight
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:45:24 PM »
Thanks to the Saints getting pumped tonight, win on Sunday and we're in the Eight going into the break.

:gotigers

Moi

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »
We just gotta take advantage of this -  :gotigers

Moi

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »
A few more shellackings for the Saints and if we can get a couple of healthy wins, we can build that percentage until we're a bit closer to Freo and the Saints.  We're 81.04, Freo 92.52 (they're gettable) and the Saints 105.65 (but a few more losses and that can change).  Damn those two games at the beginning of the season  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »
A few more shellackings for the Saints and if we can get a couple of healthy wins, we can build that percentage until we're a bit closer to Freo and the Saints.  We're 81.04, Freo 92.52 (they're gettable) and the Saints 105.65 (but a few more losses and that can change).  Damn those two games at the beginning of the season  :banghead

We just need to keep on winning and the percentage will take care of itself or won't matter if we score 13 wins :thumbsup. I'd be more worried about late season runs by Port and Brissy than the Sainters. No Kosi, Hayes, Hamill, Harvey with another hamstring, Ball getting over OP, no decent ruckmen and a defence with poor foot skills.

Moi

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 11:23:32 PM »
They've blown it the Saints, and i reckon they've blown it by playing their home games at Telstra Dome.
Don't think it's a coincidence that they're suffering injuries as well as the Dogs.
I'm very curious if this is the cause.

The less we play there the better.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 11:33:42 PM »
Couldn't agree more Moi. The Dome is fantastic for spectators to watch footy from any vantage point but the ground is too hard and too taxing on the body of the players. It's one of the reasons why I don't want us playing any home games there. As you say the less we play there the better  :clapping.