Author Topic: Did Cotchin and Riewoldt make the right call to play on? [merged]  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
They're both still best 22 and we're aiming for a premiership, so they play. Simple as that
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
This senile old git is consistently anti-Richmond

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Does he question Hawkins etc...

Who kicked one more goal but has less possessions, no tackles (Jack laid 4) and really has a similar impact…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Maclure offers no insight beyond stating the obvious.

He was driving the Teague train but jumped off him pretty quick but gave SEN some golden old school rants.

I think sen keep him around so he can unleash on the Cheats if they fail.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
I actually thought Jack was very lovely early.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I thought JR average overall. Thought Trent very servicable and only had about 67% game time which is ideal imo.
Every time this comes up journalists never ask themselves what kids are better or even who can take their place.

In Jacks case there is only really Bradtke and Bauer as genuine tall fwds. They are not getting a game instead of Jack atm.
What we are getting wrong imo is not playing Ryan with Tom and Jack who is a ruck/fwd and is showing great signs.

Atm imo it is others who should come out of the team to allow youngsters like Sonsie to play.One of them is a 22yo in Ross.
Atm Cotchin is still one of our best 5 or 6 mids and thus warrants a game weather he is 22 or 32.

Broadsword

I actually thought Jack was very lovely early.
He was rather lovely, wasn't he. Splendid.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lively, lovely and learned. Jack R and his 3 Ls

He was super early. At least I thought he was, especially for a bloke closer to 40 than 30.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would rest them both this week.  Play Ryan & Sonsie

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame

What are you doing resting blokes in round 2?

I'd have Sonsie in my best 22. I'd assume he is short of a gallop at the moment otherwise he'd be in. Then again I assumed the same for Cumberland but apparently he and Martin can't play in the same side at the present time.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why can't Ryan play with Riewoldt and Lynch. Why is that problematical.

Nothing but plusses in playing Ryan. We get a 206cm second ruck to help Nankervis and we get a 206cm tall fwd who is taking marks and kicking goals to take heat away from both Lynch and Riewoldt. Where does it say your not allowed to play three tall fwds.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why can't Ryan play with Riewoldt and Lynch. Why is that problematical.

Nothing but plusses in playing Ryan. We get a 206cm second ruck to help Nankervis and we get a 206cm tall fwd who is taking marks and kicking goals to take heat away from both Lynch and Riewoldt. Where does it say your not allowed to play three tall fwds.

Agreed. His development this summer has been enormous.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
I'd say fwd pressure is a concern. Dusty doesn't pressure enough so the system doesn't allow a 2nd who doesn't eg Ryan or Cumberland.

Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fair dinkum its like pulling teeth. If people don't want to see they just dont.

How is fwd pressure a concern. Fwd conversion is an enormous concern. FFS its not 2019 the game has changed.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fair dinkum its like pulling teeth. If people don't want to see they just dont.

How is fwd pressure a concern. Fwd conversion is an enormous concern. FFS its not 2019 the game has changed.

We are changing our game style (just as everyone else is copying us). More attention to getting first use of the ball through clearances.

Need forwards who can take marks and/or scrounge the goals from loose balls. Pressure will still be required but wont need to be the maniac pressure of the past few years

Scoreboard pressure has always been the best pressure gauge