Author Topic: Kaelan Bradtke delisted [merged]  (Read 9686 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 06:29:31 PM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kaelan Bradtke to train with Richmond (Code sports)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 09:06:39 PM »
Richmond to hand local footballer Kaelan Bradtke training chance ahead of SSP

The young utility booted 39 goals this year and featured in the VFL.

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
December 2, 2022 - 4:58PM

Richmond will reportedly hand local footballer Kaelan Bradtke a training opportunity at Punt Road over the curse of the summer as the Tigers weigh up a call for their final list spot.

Bradtke was among the invites list for the state combine testing ahead of the National Draft after impressing for Ovens and Murray League outfit the Corowa-Rutherglen Kangaroos.

The 21-year-old booted 39 goals to finish alongside the likes of ex-AFL talent Callum Moore, Ben Reid and Jeff Garlett on the O&M League's goalkicking leaderboard.

Bradtke was also listed with Sydney's VFL side this year, with the New South Welshman featuring for the Swans on two occasions, playing against Sandringham and North Melbourne to average eight possessions per game while booting the one goal.

The young utility could join fellow Ovens and Murray product Joe Richards on an AFL list for 2023, with CODE Sports' Daniel Cherny reporting Bradtke will be handed a train and trial opportunity to potentially impress Damien Hardwick over the pre-season and sign with the Tigers during the Supplemental Selection Period.

Richards was drafted to Collingwood at Tuesday night's National Draft with Pick 48 following a dominant season with Wangaratta, where he worked under Reid, a premiership Magpie.

The Tigers didn't utilise the SSP last year after previously recruiting the likes of Sydney Stack, Rhyan Mansell and delisted defender Derek Eggmolese-Smith.

Bradtke won't be alone in trialling for Richmond's last list spot, with Quinton Narkle revealed to have been offered a training opportunity with the Tigers after his delisting from Geelong.

https://www.zerohanger.com/richmond-to-hand-local-footballer-kaelan-bradtke-training-chance-ahead-of-ssp-130749/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 10:40:30 PM »
195/97 at 21yo.

Good move Tiges

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 01:20:29 AM »
Corowa-Rutherglen coach Peter German believes Kaelan Bradtke has the attributes to play AFL

Steve Tervet
Border Mail
April 21 2022

Corowa-Rutherglen's Kaelan Bradtke has a kick against Albury. Picture: ASH SMITH

Kaelan Bradtke has what it takes to play in the AFL.

That's the view of his Corowa-Rutherglen coach Peter German, who rates the 20-year-old as one of the best athletes he's ever worked with.

Bradtke kicked three goals and had 19 disposals in Saturday's blockbuster against Albury and German has no doubt about his potential.

"From the moment I walked in the place, everyone was saying 'KB this, KB that, he's a great cricketer but he's got diabetes, he's this and he's that' but it didn't take me long to realise, and I've been coaching for a long time now, he's probably in the top five best athletes as a footballer I think I've coached," German said.

"He's probably been able to come through his junior career doing his own thing, doing it when he wants and how he wants so all of a sudden, he's got to play a team environment game, it's team first, it's structured and you've got to play your role.

"Last year, a lot of the players probably didn't understand that, because they haven't been in that type of environment before, but his maturity over the summer has been second to none.

"He's done a lot of weights and now he understands what he's capable of.

"He can kick a mile, he can take a good mark, he's quick, his off-the-mark speed is outstanding and I'd like to think that maybe, even it it means that we lose him, he's got all the attributes an AFL footballer needs.

"I think it's more his maturity that's really starting to make him become the player we've seen so far this year."

Kaelan Bradtke. Picture: JAMES WILTSHIRE

Bradtke's ambitious but is loving life with the Roos.

"I'd love to go and play a higher standard of football and try to better myself but I'm just focused on playing consistent footy at Corowa and making it a good season here," Bradtke said.

"Whatever comes with that, whether it's playing a higher standard of football, that would be awesome.

"I'd love to play AFL, you dream of it as a kid, but I'm not too caught up in the future.

"I'm just focused on trying to win for Corowa and playing my role.

"I played all my junior footy there and I've watched them every Saturday since I was 14 years old.

"The year Bryce Campbell took the side to finals (2014) was a feeling I've wanted to chase for as long as I can remember."

Bradtke and his team-mates had the majority of a 2500 crowd behind them on Saturday as the Roos came within a kick of beating Albury for the first time in 14 years.

"The atmosphere was electric out there," Bradtke said.

"There's just something about Easter Saturday at Corowa, it's special having so many people there and everyone getting around every little thing.

"It's good to feed off the energy of the crowd, to keep pushing for every contest.

"It makes you work harder; a bit of adrenaline kicks in when you hear the crowd roar and everyone gets around you.

"It was so close the whole way.

"We had a lot of fight in that last quarter and had plenty of chances but couldn't quite convert.

"We gave it everything and towards the end, after 'Marksy' (Jason Marks) kicked that goal, the momentum shifted in our favour.

"We had it down in the forward line a fair bit but it was just really well defended by Albury to not let us capitalise."

Bradtke was a prominent figure in Corowa Cricket Club's provincial campaign, taking 18 wickets and scoring 186 runs but he made a concerted effort to get to football training through the summer and is already feeling the benefits.

Kaelan Bradtke also plays A-grade cricket for Corowa. Picture: MARK JESSER

"It's probably the first real pre-season I've ever done, continually showing up pre- and post-Christmas," Bradtke said.

"That's helped me a lot with my fitness and footy's easier when you're fit.

"With everything that 'Germo' has done and all the effort which went into the pre-season, it's a great place to be at the moment.

"Everyone at John Foord loves it there.

"The netballers have been really strong for the last few years and it's exciting to see the football now heading in that direction.

"Germo's record speaks for itself and I love playing under him.

"He knows how to explain things and makes football easier.

"For him to take us from where we were to where we are now is a credit to him, (president) Stu Lingham and everyone in the club.

"Germo's work is fantastic and I can't speak highly enough of him.

"He has helped everyone and all the younger guys at the club absolutely love everything he's got to say when it comes to his knowledge around footy.

"Playing 185 games (in the AFL) and then coaching at such a high level for as long as he did, it's good to have a person like that coach you."

https://archive.ph/3H7fJ#selection-1257.0-2093.142

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 01:22:39 AM »
Kaelan Bradtke

Height: 195cm
Weight: 97kg
D.O.B: 21-05-2001

Kaelan Bradtke is a prospect who has come from the clouds in 2022, with the 21-year-old projecting as a potential bolter out of local football. Plying his trade for Corowa-Rutherglen in the Ovens and Murray League, the New South Welshman garnered plenty of attention once he turned out for the Sydney Swans at VFL level, showcasing some of his upside across two late-season outings.

A player who is said to simply possess AFL traits, much of the excitement surrounding Bradtke comes from his athleticism. He offers rare speed and agility for a player of his 195cm standing, and is dextrous enough to impact both aerially and at ground level. Much of his value is also derived from his versatility. Able to play tall at either end of the ground, he booted 39 goals from 17 games this season - including a streak of 10 games with at least one, and a high of five.

For the understandable hype, there may be some drawbacks with a talent like Bradtke. He has not been tested at high levels quite as often as many other budding draftees, with only a small state league sample size to work with. His potential selection will come with heavy crystal-balling, and on the back of what he could become, rather than what he is currently.

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/kaelan-bradtke/

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 01:32:47 AM »
AFL 2022 Draft | Player Profiles | Kaelan Bradtke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imoJ8sPxE7g

Broadsword

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 02:30:22 AM »
Hmmmm, Narkle or a budding KPF?

I think I know which one I'd take a chance on.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 04:44:40 AM »
Size and speed, a Bradtke over Narc by a mile for mine

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 05:59:25 AM »

Yes but what does Claw think?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 07:05:39 AM »
Interesting that if we take someone in the SPP that’ll fill up our primary and Cat A rookie lists so as far as I know won’t be able to take anyone in the mid season draft unless someone retires or gets placed on the long term injury list.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 08:41:49 AM »
We have 2 list spots free

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
We have 2 list spots free
The second one is only for another Cat. B rookie like Colina.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 11:50:06 AM »

Yes but what does Claw think?

I think people know what i think on this one. His athletic profile was too good to overlook and he should have probably been drafted so other clubs didnt get a crack at him.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2022, 09:08:09 PM »

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2022, 06:55:58 AM »
He has good football genes, grandfather and uncle are local football legends up at Corowa.