Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 73031 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #300 on: September 07, 2023, 10:59:13 PM »
Lynch still in a moon boot? Thats a relief. Lucky to have Luke in our corner :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2023, 01:34:27 AM »
Could look at a trade for Lynch to Pies or Dees. Both need him.

I'd hate it though.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2023, 06:33:43 AM »
You blokes have nfi.

Trade jack
Trade lynch
Trade dusty
Love pies
Keep luke Meehan
Bloody hell wake up.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2023, 08:52:15 AM »
You blokes have nfi.

Trade jack
Trade lynch
Trade dusty
Love pies
Keep luke Meehan
Bloody hell wake up.

If you think we need a full rebuild, then what’s the issue with trading out older stars to get good picks in?

I don’t think it’s all that implausible.

Trading out fringe players isn’t going to land anything good.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »
The club has to be brave and make hard decisions simple as that put players up with value to get us back in the draft.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: September 08, 2023, 03:48:43 PM »
You blokes have nfi.

Trade jack
Trade lynch
Trade dusty
Love pies
Keep luke Meehan
Bloody hell wake up.

How would you approach our next flag then?

Willy and Georgie a bit more sensible.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2023, 10:34:40 PM »
You blokes have nfi.

Trade jack
Trade lynch
Trade dusty
Love pies
Keep luke Meehan
Bloody hell wake up.

well the first thing i wouldnt have done is trade for Hopper. That pick would have been a very nice carrot for the suns for pick 4. Now we have no chance.

Looking at the GWS no wonder they were very happy to deal. It was the Green machine i believe they wanted to retain all along  :shh

Lynch i wouldnt trade if it makes Pies better. stuff them. I know you love the pies Andy, but if Lynch regains top form and there is no guarantee of that at his age and his injuries, who do you want mentoring the Bauer and Samson? We would get slaughtered like North did when they offloaded all those players at once. 8 years later and they are a still a rabble.

Players who i think are replaceable are Grimes but he ant worth much. The other is Floss and Meatball. Its all hypothetical as they aint going anywhere, but they would give us a late first rounder i believe. Floss i was against trading, but i feel we may have backup.

Dusty trade is a firm no in my eyes. Its only my view but i would love to see him stay on for another 3 years, though i suspect we only get one more out of him.

All of these trades would get us some nice picks, assuming we know how to use them. What they wont do is give us elite talent like your dusty, cotch, Bont, daicos etc we may find a diamond in the rough, but what are the chances?

How many flags are won without elite match winners? Hit the draft and grab 2 top 10's next year somehow. There is no point finishing 10th or some crap like that.

I cant see a passage where this team is contending for a flag for over 5 years. Its going be 2-3 years before Brown, Banks, Samson, Bauer and co to reach 50 games barring no injuries.

Its a long road.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2023, 10:58:07 PM »
You blokes have nfi.

Trade jack
Trade lynch
Trade dusty
Love pies
Keep luke Meehan
Bloody hell wake up.

well the first thing i wouldnt have done is trade for Hopper. That pick would have been a very nice carrot for the suns for pick 4. Now we have no chance.

Looking at the GWS no wonder they were very happy to deal. It was the Green machine i believe they wanted to retain all along  :shh

Lynch i wouldnt trade if it makes Pies better. stuff them. I know you love the pies Andy, but if Lynch regains top form and there is no guarantee of that at his age and his injuries, who do you want mentoring the Bauer and Samson? We would get slaughtered like North did when they offloaded all those players at once. 8 years later and they are a still a rabble.

Players who i think are replaceable are Grimes but he ant worth much. The other is Floss and Meatball. Its all hypothetical as they aint going anywhere, but they would give us a late first rounder i believe. Floss i was against trading, but i feel we may have backup.

Dusty trade is a firm no in my eyes. Its only my view but i would love to see him stay on for another 3 years, though i suspect we only get one more out of him.

All of these trades would get us some nice picks, assuming we know how to use them. What they wont do is give us elite talent like your dusty, cotch, Bont, daicos etc we may find a diamond in the rough, but what are the chances?

How many flags are won without elite match winners? Hit the draft and grab 2 top 10's next year somehow. There is no point finishing 10th or some crap like that.

I cant see a passage where this team is contending for a flag for over 5 years. Its going be 2-3 years before Brown, Banks, Samson, Bauer and co to reach 50 games barring no injuries.

Its a long road.

I don't love the pies. Actually hate them a bit.

I just love Richmond more than I hate the pies - seems like you hate them more than you love the tiges.

I would trade Lynch if it was for the betterment of Richmond to get a good pick and offload his contract.

Interestingly Floss is one I wouldn't trade. Don't agree with you there. Agree Grimes is worth FA, he's also finished. Meatball worth stuff all too.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »
The Bulldogs have already held conversations with Gold Coast around potentially shifting up to pick No.4 at this year's AFL Draft, with the club considering ways to best maximise its dual first-round selections.

The Suns are looking to trade down from the No.4 selection to amass draft points for Academy guns Jed Walter, Ethan Read and Jake Rogers, and to ensure their opening pick isn't swallowed by early bids for the talented trio.

The Bulldogs currently hold pick No.10 and a later first-round selection tied to Brisbane's finals finishing position.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1025022/dogs-start-talks-with-suns-to-trade-for-top-four-pick

The Dogs' picks 10 & 17 are worth 2420 points. Pick 4 is worth 2171 points.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: September 11, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »
I'd go after Gresham. 
Cost nothing as a RFA. 
Add some class.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2023, 02:16:28 PM »
Gresham only plays 2 good games against us each year. If he is playing for us that means he won’t play any decent games

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2023, 04:58:32 PM »
Gresham is not the same player as before goes missing alot.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2023, 06:57:20 PM »
Pass

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2023, 07:33:38 PM »
Would easily be the best Jack in the side. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2023, 08:04:38 PM »
Would easily be the best Jack in the side. :shh

wouldn't be hard.

even jackstar would give JG a run for his money these days the way he played this year.