Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 72798 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #480 on: October 09, 2023, 09:34:46 PM »
Never trade back into the draft or take it seriously paid overs for Hopper & probably Taranto as well when they both were uncontracted and wanted to leave and GWS didn't really care if they did, hung on to Ralphsmith & Graham when they were wanted.  Re-sign list cloggers & over the hill plodders - still think we have a premiership list, trying to be Geelong/Sydney when we don't have their advantages - past their prime and clearly delusional. :shh

well said. Been on this for a while now.

if 2021 draft is a flop, and we hold on to duds as it appears we are doing so then we are in real strife.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #481 on: October 09, 2023, 09:46:50 PM »
Agree many eggs in the 2021 basket but they all have shown something so far. 2006-2009 produced Shedda, Jack, Cotch, Rance and Dusty. Let’s hope 2021 is the start of that next generation
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: October 09, 2023, 09:52:41 PM »
Melbourne, Adelaide & North Melbourne are all keen on Gold Coast's pick 10.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1711255679519035478

It seems we aren't seeking to move up the draft order into the first round.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2023, 10:00:46 PM »
We are in all sorts. As expected though. Still hoping meatball would announce a trade to GC

Can we give away next years first can we to get this years?

Not that i'm for that but is that even an option?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2023, 11:48:29 PM »
Agree many eggs in the 2021 basket but they all have shown something so far. 2006-2009 produced Shedda, Jack, Cotch, Rance and Dusty. Let’s hope 2021 is the start of that next generation

If Gibcus becomes an A grade forward and Brown becomes an A grade defender maybe. Otherwise it just isn't happening.

I know most kids take time to show something but this bunch generally hasn't shown us much.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #485 on: October 10, 2023, 03:58:33 PM »
James Harmes off to the Bulldogs for a future third rounder. So the rumour of him being linked to us was false.

Ben McKay walks as a FA to Essendon. Norf get pick 3 as compo.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #486 on: October 10, 2023, 04:20:57 PM »
Richmond never showed interest in James Harmes.

Rumours only began because of his link with Yze.

Richmond don’t plan to attack this off season due to the coaching staff and list management believing in the list already.

the interest in a first round pick has died drastically, but a potential move hasn’t be completely ruled out either.

https://twitter.com/jamesdevennn

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #487 on: October 10, 2023, 04:40:41 PM »
Q. Any news on Richmond, they've been quiet

A. Expect it to stay that way other than the Koschitzke move, which Hawks are reportedly driving a hard bargain on. Tigers only have picks 27 and 48 - the second-worst of any club - after last year's Hopper-Taranto splash move.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-2023-tuesday-october-10-trade-blog-live-chat-latest-updates-done-deals-signings-rumours/news-story/39ccdb973d359f5c6c6d015fe5c603d0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2023, 04:42:39 PM »
Final bit of Tiger news today as the mail received was quite heavy.

Richmond do have interest in attacking free agency next year to lock up the wing position.

No specific players were mentioned but it’ll be of priority alongside securing Jack Riewoldt’s successor.

https://twitter.com/jamesdevennn/status/1711614607528534150

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: October 10, 2023, 04:55:01 PM »
I just see us reluctant to put players and clear players of value on the table who we can cover or there time is up for trade. So you tell me there isn't a strategy to improve our draft position bewildering. The club needs to show some courage and evolving.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #490 on: October 10, 2023, 08:35:37 PM »
I know we are all entitled to our opinion, and discussion by us the grass root does move things along at times at club level.
But I look at it this way . Who’s more likely to be right a passionate Schmuk supporter like me or the club with it’s paid professionals and with people like Brendon Gale and Neil Balme who are also passionate supporters of the club.
I’m happy to give these guys and the new ones more time to get it right once again

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: October 10, 2023, 09:45:02 PM »
schulz if he does go the pies for 19, which really is 23 is an absolute bargain. Hartley sleeping again. ooh thats right we have the list to contend as i read today somewhere :lol

you know you are struggling if you cant entice anyone but Kosi.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2023, 09:53:38 PM »
schulz if he does go the pies for 19, which really is 23 is an absolute bargain. Hartley sleeping again. ooh thats right we have the list to contend as i read today somewhere :lol

Who do you think we are missing out on?
Please don’t say Schultz  :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2023, 09:58:14 PM »

Who do you think we are missing out on?
Please don’t say Schultz  :lol

i never said schulz i said at pick 23 its a bargain. Wake up please. 35 goals this year and likely around the same the year before and thats the similar to bolton. Great pick up if it lands at that price

what i did say is hartley is doine sfa because as i read somewhere they are happy with the list we have. Our forward line must be locked and loaded with smalls as well.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2023, 11:23:56 PM »
Harmes for a F3 is solid depth.

And P3 compo for McKay bloody hell that's corruption. As bad as Geelol getting that sweet pick for Motlopnto make the Gablett whinge return happen.

Also found WB move interesting securing P4 for 10+17+F1 I think it was? Seems a high price but they must really expect themselves to bounce back into the top 6 next year.