Author Topic: List management: Keep, trade or delist?  (Read 37001 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List management: Keep, trade or delist?
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2023, 04:03:41 PM »
Shopping list for me.

Two kpf - one mature one junior. Jack is gone and Bradtke while he has talent is a reach. prudent to think the worse in his case.

Two kpd - Tarrant retired Nyuon probably gone besides we have stopped playing him as a defender.

0ne possibly two Ruckman - Colina delist and we should  look to trade Soldo imo. Would like a mature ruck and one to develop along Ryans lines.

Four mids - Terribly depleted in this area.

three  wingers/Flankers - Would look at cutting all of McIntosh, Pickett, and Ralphsmith.

There are other list needs as well. Clearly we cannot do all of them in one go but with four retirements i hope we can at least turn over 9 players and start addressing some of the needs.

Your wish list 12 changes will not all happen this year. Will take at least two trade/draft periods to get it right.

Not sure why you have Colina in your hit list. He is a Cat B rookie and outside all main list management rules. If we cut him we don't have a position to fill unless we find someone else who qualifies as a Cat B

McIntosh will stay until we have some one else. Banks could be the one, which would put McIntosh up for trade at the end of his contract next year

The club will keep Pickett and get him to 100 games in 2024. You will see the benefit in 8 to 10 years when there are multiple Picketts running around in the senior boys and girls sides
I only named 12 list deficiencies and did say Clearly we cannot do them all at once.
If we are not aiming at losing the 4 retirees and trading/delisting 5 others then we are drinking the bath water.

Colina cmon he has played just 7 vfl games in god knows how many seasons is already 24 and comes from basketball. He is a list clogger and most likely a dud despite his size. With how well run we are and with all the resources surely we can find a cat b replacement we can get on the park and at least try to develop.

Of course McIntosh will stay that doesnt mean he should. Should have been cut years ago. No one literally no one would trade for McIntosh.

Lol Pickett Based on his on and off field behavior and form he should be one of the first cut with him being 32 next year.That rings even more true if we cannot even play him in a role he at least can perform in.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »
Shopping list for me.

Two kpf - one mature one junior. Jack is gone and Bradtke while he has talent is a reach. prudent to think the worse in his case.

Two kpd - Tarrant retired Nyuon probably gone besides we have stopped playing him as a defender.

0ne possibly two Ruckman - Colina delist and we should  look to trade Soldo imo. Would like a mature ruck and one to develop along Ryans lines.

three  wingers/Flankers - Would look at cutting all of McIntosh, Pickett, and Ralphsmith.

... and a Partridge in a pear tree!   

All together now ...       :lol
Ho Ho Ho At least i have the guts to say what areas of list i think  are lacking.
 You well spinless pricks who say little but take cheap shots will always be spineless.

Cmon instead of the constant cheap shots at least put up a counter argument  i for one would like to hear what list deficiencies we have FROM YOU.
Obviously you think key fwds and with two kpd's in the gun and the plethora of mids we have banging the door down we don't need any of them.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2023, 10:47:05 PM »
Shopping list for me.

There are other list needs as well. Clearly we cannot do all of them in one go but with four retirements i hope we can at least turn over 9 players and start addressing some of the needs.

How about...

...two 180/75 half back flankers?

RFC list management: WHERE DO WE SIGN!?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2023, 10:59:15 PM »
Shopping list for me.

How about...

...two 180/75 half back flankers?

RFC list management: WHERE DO WE SIGN!?
Yep its what we do. We don't address needs but we do take types who will likely give us something, anything.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2023, 09:36:46 PM »
$100.00 Dollar question. How do we get back into the early part of the first round of the draft.

I can only see one way and that is target clubs who need picks for acadamy players.

Be proactive and get a third for Ralphsmith, A late second or most likely a third for M  Rioli. Dow would fetch a third rounder and i reckon a club would take a punt on Cumberland for a late second rounder. Bundle up the picks and send em to say gold coast for their first rounder who need picks for for their acadamy players.
It would not be the first time bundling picks has been done in deals.

All it takes is an honest assesment of players and a willingness to get back into the 1st round.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2023, 11:25:07 PM »
$100.00 Dollar question. How do we get back into the early part of the first round of the draft.

I can only see one way and that is target clubs who need picks for acadamy players.

Be proactive and get a third for Ralphsmith, A late second or most likely a third for M  Rioli. Dow would fetch a third rounder and i reckon a club would take a punt on Cumberland for a late second rounder. Bundle up the picks and send em to say gold coast for their first rounder who need picks for for their acadamy players.
It would not be the first time bundling picks has been done in deals.

All it takes is an honest assesment of players and a willingness to get back into the 1st round.
All that effort and we pick up a 180 cm 65kg left footer

Pass for me and stick with those 3 you want to trade.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2023, 10:24:59 AM »
Bradlke has been cut .
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2023, 11:06:30 AM »
Bradlke has been cut .

Interesting huh?

Makes you wonder if it's not about football ability.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2023, 12:49:59 PM »
Trimming the fat - literally. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2023, 01:09:24 PM »
They had to cut KB, apart from game one he didnt show anything to suggest he could make it. 
For someone with so called athletism, he could barely jump off the ground. 
Good early call.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2023, 01:14:56 PM »
Interesting with this and the new Category B rookie signing that they haven't waited for the new coach - indication Mini already has the job perhaps? Hope not. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2023, 02:46:56 PM »
They had to cut KB, apart from game one he didnt show anything to suggest he could make it. 
For someone with so called athletism, he could barely jump off the ground. 
Good early call.

Sellers from Norf VFL would be an immediate upgrade - should also be looking at Baldwin from the Bumblers rookie list. :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2023, 08:51:42 AM »

Yes- running around at 110kg is not good enough. No wonder he would run out of gas.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2023, 08:58:41 AM »

Yes- running around at 110kg is not good enough. No wonder he would run out of gas.

Did he put on 13kg?
Was listed as 196/97 from what I can see.

Should be able to play at 105 you'd think.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2023, 10:50:53 AM »
Interesting with this and the new Category B rookie signing that they haven't waited for the new coach - indication Mini already has the job perhaps? Hope not. :shh

I’m not saying he should get top job but in the eyes of our players he is far and away our best assistant …
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.