Author Topic: List management: Keep, trade or delist?  (Read 32950 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: List management: Keep, trade or delist?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2023, 09:01:53 AM »
Would happily accept a 2nd rounder for Hugo.

We’d be making out like bandits
Can’t possibly get that for him , surely

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2023, 02:03:46 PM »
The hardest part of doing that deal would be trying not laugh in front of the other club's list manager... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2023, 04:28:53 AM »
Jon Ralph last night on Fox Footy threw out Lynch's name again to Melbourne for pick 5. Said Richmond aren't going to win a premiership in the next 3-4 years. Richmond says we get an A-grader in like they did with Dusty, Cotch and all those elite picks.

Jay Clark said that's mad as Lynch is Richmond's best player.

Ralph said the last thing you want to do as Richmond coach is be stuck in the doom loop of 8th-9th-10th finishes for the next 5 years. Richmond needs to take a significant step back and every Richmond fan would cop it after 3 flags in 4 years.

Landsberger chipped in and asked Ralph if he thinks the Tigers are about to fall off the cliff?

Ralph reiterated he thinks the Tigers need to take a significant step back. They need to find ways to gets multiple picks in. How did they win the last premiership(s)?

Clark said Taranto and Hopper wouldn't sign off on that deal that gets rid of their best player and next captain potentially.

Ralph replied he wouldn't be asking them if he was coach. You're here for 7 years. Hopper, you start getting the nurry and Taranto, you've been fantastic but try and find a way to improve your kicking efficiency.

Landsberger said he would love to know if Yze or McQualter has gone into their job interview and said "I want the job, but I want to trade the best player and put this club through five years of misery. Sign me up!" That would be a fascinating interview.

Ralph replied fair enough, but if any of them have said I can win a premiership with this list then they are kidding themselves. And they don't need to as Richmond have just won three. Geelong fantastic, they stayed up, but they had Dangerfield, Selwood, Hawkins and they got Jeremy Cameron in. It's all very well to say you can do it, but Geelong were the massive outlier from anyone from the past 20 years.

Lauren Wood said it's easy to say get pick 5 and you add Nick Watson to Taranto and Hopper to win the ball. But then what? Who do they kick to?

Jay Clark said Richmond are looking out for a forward rather than giving one up.

Landsberger said Samson Ryan better be Paul Salmon if Lynch were to be traded.

https://kayosports.com.au/shows/show-midweek-tackle!136479

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2023, 06:13:26 AM »
Where were  all these master trades when the club went out and blew a top pick on hopper? :shh

Ralph's stfu that's what they should have said to him.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 07:42:03 AM by Francois Jackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2023, 07:38:53 AM »
If pick 5 is on the table and Lynch is amenable I would consider it for sure.

We replace a $1.2mil player with a $105k draftee so can afford to pay some Lynch salary to get #5.

Would hate to see him playing for someone else but we need to look to the future and he's right - can't see us winning a flag for a few years unless we can acquire some good forwards with our empty draft hand and surely the cap is already tight as it is.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:34:28 PM by Andyy »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2023, 12:15:34 PM »
The Geelong and to some extent Sydney examples have blinded everybody into thinking you can contend for 20 years without having to go backwards but both clubs are outliers with advantages and mitigating factors other clubs just don't have. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2023, 01:03:10 PM »
Welcome to the AFL ... where the greatest mis-management involves refusing to dismantle your premiership winning machine & bottom out* (unless you are Sydney or Geelong).     :-\   

* bottom out but whatever you do, don't tank (unless you are Sydney or Geelong).    :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2023, 02:07:57 PM »
I just don’t see how it’s possible to get a premiership list together ( that competes for a number of years not just 1 or 2 ) without hitting the draft and getting top picks. Every single premiership team has done that. You also need these players to grow and learn together so you want to get a bunch all in a few years.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2023, 03:06:21 PM »
It's all contrived bullshyte - the salary cap is the only "equalisation" we need. Just make every club pay 100% of the cap  The draft is exciting when your club has a good hand and can lift spirits after a crap season (unless you trade away your picks like we did) but in reality it's just another load of imported Seppo bollocks created to provide media content and reward mediocrity. Hope the AFLPA does challenge it in court one day and they pee it off -you'd still have trading but it would only be players for players. :shh

Welcome to the AFL ... where the greatest mis-management involves refusing to dismantle your premiership winning machine & bottom out* (unless you are Sydney or Geelong).     :-\   

* bottom out but whatever you do, don't tank (unless you are Sydney or Geelong).    :P

Not all "equalisation" is equal. :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2023, 03:23:25 PM »
Reckon one who i do like but would like to see delisted is Pickett.
Imo, coming off two ordinary seasons never a huge possesion getter and he is playing roles Wing and  Forward that we have kids who need to be played. Also 32 and still has a law case hanging over his head.

If im honest i would rather see Banks Brown Broad Clarke and Smith get a run across wing or hb. Prefer we give all of them a go in front of  Pickett McIntosh and Ross on a wing.

Certainly would persevere with all of Clarke MRJ, Coulthard and Cumberland in front of him as a forward.
In a sentence, playing him or McIntosh means we are not playing kids who should now be able to perform the roles.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2023, 07:48:40 PM »
Pickett will get to 100 games for F/S. With the pedigree of his family it'd be mental not to do this.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2023, 08:32:13 PM »
Pickett will get to 100 games for F/S. With the pedigree of his family it'd be mental not to do this.

Getting Pickett to 100 games at any cost is more mental. Based on his year this year he should be delisted.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2023, 08:52:58 PM »
See how he goes under the new coach but I have my doubts he’d get to 100 considering he needs 22 games to get there.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2023, 08:59:43 PM »
Marlion had a very good start to the year many forget this. He fell away mid year which is likely when the legal issues arose as he knew prior to WA trip he was going to be questioned next visit.

I'd be getting him to 100. He has 3 sons. Odds are 1 will be AFL standard. I think it'll be worth it.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2023, 09:02:11 PM »
Playing a bloke out of position to sacrifice his own game , as a defensive forward and bitchin when he doesn’t get 30 possessions and want to delist when he triggered A 12 month extension is WOW, so funny🤡